Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 26-11-2015

Default New member

Hi all, i have been thinking for awhile to get back into this hobby, as you are my local with me being in Radcliffe be daft not to join local folk hey.
Now how do i go about joining up and seeing what the crack is, i cant find a link or anything on here to do so, and see what is expected of me or anything.

BTW i dont even have a car, not a clue nowadays what to race with, my last car was a Hornet...lol, yes that long ago. Good car to start with and prices etc.

all help welcome

cheers

Wayne
Old 27-11-2015
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynes World View Post
Hi all, i have been thinking for awhile to get back into this hobby, as you are my local with me being in Radcliffe be daft not to join local folk hey.
Now how do i go about joining up and seeing what the crack is, i cant find a link or anything on here to do so, and see what is expected of me or anything.

BTW i dont even have a car, not a clue nowadays what to race with, my last car was a Hornet...lol, yes that long ago. Good car to start with and prices etc.

all help welcome

cheers

Wayne
Hi Wayne,

I think firstly you should have a visit to the club either over at Oldham where they race in the winter or wait till next year and we will be back outside at Goshen Playing fields.
DO NOT dive straight in without speaking to someone at the club because I have sen it before where they buy the wrong car and is unable to use the track.
The track ONLY races 10th off road electric.
People have tried smaller cars but the track is built for 10th.
If you are looking for a shop to advise you the most then speak with a GREAT guy called Kev Lee at Insideline Models as he races and knows all about the club.
Hope this helps.
Old 27-11-2015

Hi Woody, thanks for the reply, no worries on jumping in, is the summer track closed all winter to everybody, would be good to practice on dry days before i compete.
I would be looking at second hand kit complete, nothing to bling to start with.

I have been looking at the Tamiya Dark Impact, any good?

Last edited by Waynes World; 27-11-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 27-11-2015

No Wayne, you should drive what's popular at the club you intend joining. Then you'll get set up help, and spares in emergency. Pop over to Counthill this Sunday when we are indoors, or next time. Someone may have equipment you can buy, and you can see how the various cars perform.

Ed
Old 27-11-2015

Hi Pitman, a lot different from when i used to race many moons ago, there was a big variety of cars being raced as in makes and spec, motors the same size.
I think i mite just eb able to make this Sunday, depends on bloomin xmas shopping and other stuff, see what i can do. l)
Old 27-11-2015

Ok, doors open around 9. We will be there until around 4pm.
Old 27-11-2015

Thanks kida, now i need something to look at, what cars should i be looking into, i cant sit all weekend and not look at nothing, get this way with new hobbies, it all down to research
Old 27-11-2015

Default New member

Hi Wayne ,I same as you I raced kyosho optima mid nearly 30year ago and I came back to the hobby ,I started this time last year and joined bury ,everyone at the club is brilliant and will help you , most people at bury drive yokomo bmax4 ,X-ray xb4 ,Schumacher k1 obviously people drive others but this is what you see most of at the club
I lucky as I have friend who been at bury for years so he has helped me out a lot he drives Schumacher but I drive X-ray xb4 as they are very strong
It is totally different to when I used to race and I am learning all the time as cars have changed a lot and are a lot faster ,I had first time of indoor racing last month and I couldn't believe had difficult it was as I never done it before I only ever raced outdoor ,everyone at bury will help you
It a great club to be at and I got 2wd and 4wd and if you come down to meeting I would let you use one of my xb4 and see what you think and maybe someone else may let you try there's and would make it easier to decide what car you like
Hopefully see you soon at bury
Old 27-11-2015

Or Associated B5M, usually few going cheap on here in For Sale section.
Old 27-11-2015

Ist off you need to decide which route you want to go 2wd or 4wd? 2wd tends to be more popular with more competition, then the popular brands would be Schumacher, Associated, Yokomo, Team C has a good following then maybe to a lesser extent Losi, Xray, Durango (though these have new models coming) and Kyosho. Definitely speak to as many people as you can before you buy, it's a whole new world of lipo batteries and brushless motors best to set yourself a budget you can easily spend more than you expect.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 27-11-2015

Nice one guys, thanks for the reiles, i have a low budget of max £150 for a set up, not much as i have shed ;loads to do at home and other interest otherwise i would go OTT lol.
Thanks Rylance, nice of you to offer, hope to meet up soon then. i mooched about on here to see what folk are talikng about and i noticed a few you mention, seem in my price range, but low spec, nt that i need a full race car at the minute.

Thanks again, i will read more this weekend as i need kip, 30 hrs and no sleep is a killer