Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Mardave

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2011

Send a message via MSN to mcjjordan Send a message via Skype™ to mcjjordan

exellent cant wait
cheers chris
Old 01-03-2011
Mad Member

Just received one if these diff drive cups from this chap, if it fits/works even half as well as it looks, I'll be a rather happy chap. Quality bit of kit! Mmmm shiny!

schumacher procat x Two, one bosscat, one rc10 gold pan, two optima mids, one cougar/club10
Old 01-03-2011

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover

nice one chris glad to see a company keeping the development going

The mardave TC looked going round the other sunday as well

cheers Neil
Old 01-03-2011
Mardaveuk

If anyone has Gixxer's address or tele number pm me please
Chris
Old 01-03-2011

but there only couple custom made parts, fair enough if they where being massed produced by a big company or they was exact copys being made to undercut you your prices chris ????, no diff to the guys on ebay selling the rear pods. other comapnys make custom parts for other cars dont they, just my 2 pence
Old 01-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardaveuk View Post
Chris
I know you have a beef with him over him making parts but that's abit of a cheap way !!! isn't it
Old 01-03-2011

Maybe Chris wouldnt have been so anoyed if he was asked first dont you think.
Maybe there could have been a deal done so Chris could have sold them and they would both been happy then as more could be sold on the Mardave brand name.
Old 01-03-2011

So long as they're not "exact" copies and just compatible parts then there is no case to answer. Plenty other companies out there make compatible parts for rc cars without issue.
Old 01-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No, there's been plenty of people selling one thing or the other on this forum and other forum's to make things to either add better performance or reliability. Why should chris from mardave take royalties from these parts just because somebody else has had an idea to make them. Fair play to GIXXER i say.
Old 01-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulL View Post
So long as they're not "exact" copies and just compatible parts then there is no case to answer. Plenty other companies out there make compatible parts for rc cars without issue.
They are not, he would have a case to answer if chris had made alloy version's but he hasn't, and that is probably why he 's acting the way he is !! At the end of the day these parts would not be allowed at a sanctioned event so you would have to still buy chris's plastic parts.
Old 01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
They are not, he would have a case to answer if chris had made alloy version's but he hasn't, and that is probably why he 's acting the way he is !! At the end of the day these parts would not be allowed at a sanctioned event so you would have to still buy chris's plastic parts.
Exactly Not a copy.

I've made my own wishbones out of 6mm carbonfibre, just for fun. The holes are the same to fit the chassis, but they're a slightly different shape (better ) so not copies.
Old 01-03-2011

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover

ok guys so you all think your right but just look at it from mardaves point of view where does it stop when every one else is making and selling all his spares and all his buisness is gone

i dont think so !!!
Old 01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardaveuk View Post
Chris
Are you going to go around and race him for 'pinks'
Old 02-03-2011

Been down this road once many years ago and its Called

"Copyright"

The English law is quite funny at times But when the police come banging on your door with a warrant and

TAKE EVERY THING Connected to what ever makes them

So if there made at your place of work you better tell ya boss or sort it out with Chris A.S.A.P before you Loose every thing I kid you not been there done that never again

its not funny I can tell you
Old 02-03-2011

nice parts,but were does it stop ! there use to be a thing at club level were everybody would use the same stuff ,it took 10 years for countersunk chassis to be allowed. everyone is doing there own thing .it isnt a £50 pound car any more to be competitive,drivers crave more speed faster parts ,if u want bling buy a saloon car you can throw as much money at them as u like,i race against bald eagle ,if he wins does it mean i have to buy an alloy diff ? lets get back to basics cheap fast racing ,there lovely parts but if u ask me there cheating ,and yes i do make the nylon battery holders but these are to keep people racing and not to gain an unfair advantage,chris has got a living to make ,you carnt blame him
Old 02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo16v View Post
yes i do make the nylon battery holders
But thats your design . . . . . ( and a good one I would say )

So there for not a copy. . . There not the same as cobra battery holders or the Lexan / ABS ones so there for not a problem

A copy is a copy is a copy . . . cutting another slot in it or making it out of. .

ally / steel / wood / nylon / brass / 2mm shorter / longer BUT it does the same thing. . . IS A COPY

Same as the A arms. . . drilling the king pin at an angle does not make it differant So there for again its A COPY

LOL tell you what tape Top Gear off the TV and go sell it at a boot market and see what happens . . .

It's called copyright theft Like I said been there done that and got thrown a book the size of the yellow pages all on copyright . . .
Long story but you get the drift . . .

Talk to Chris Make him an offer. . . cut a deal. . . its cheaper in the long run

But putting an ally hub and the motor all on the same side means more lead on the other side to balance it out
Old 02-03-2011

Hmm. How old is the design for the Mardave arms and are they patented or just registered designs?
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo16v View Post
if u want bling buy a saloon car you can throw as much money at them as u like,i race against bald eagle ,if he wins does it mean i have to buy an alloy diff ? lets get back to basics cheap fast racing ,there lovely parts but if u ask me there cheating ,and yes i do make the nylon battery holders but these are to keep people racing and not to gain an unfair advantage,chris has got a living to make ,you carnt blame him
Ive raced saloons @club and national level, trust me, they are and always have been alot more expensive to race/run in comparisson to a mardave, back in the day i used to spend around £30 for a set of tyres to race art a certain meeting and hope to god id chosen the correct compound to suit the temp of the track etc. As to regards of cheating etc, cant see it as cheating myself, especially if the part is available to all.
Ive been searching the net to find the same shell that you were running on sunday, cant find it anywhere?? are you cheating? lol

schumacher procat x Two, one bosscat, one rc10 gold pan, two optima mids, one cougar/club10
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

arnt you contradicting yourself?read what you have just said!

if i was gixxer id get in touch with chris and talk about new designs for alloy parts and come to some sort of arrangement with him.

i know hes making copies of his parts and it doenst matter how old the designs are if they have copyright or what ever it is he will be able to prosecute him for it,it doent matter if they are slightly difference in appearance everything else is the same.
Old 02-03-2011

hpi rs4 shell,the new mardave speed 6 looks like it,shells dont make u 3 laps faster its all in the thumbs cheaty
Closed Thread