Old 27-03-2011

Default New rules here . . . at last

Hi Guys Can some one make this a sticky Thanks

HERE AT LAST
(FOR THE PROPOSED BRCA SECTION)

2011 MARDAVE CIRCUIT CAR CONSTRUCTION RULES

CHASSIS AND COMPONENTS

GENERAL CONSTRUCTION RULES

Cars to be Mardave V12 or Caterham 7 based chassis and suspension. The car chassis plate may be drilled / cut-out to improve weight distribution / cooling, providing no sharp edges are left. No composite chassis allowed
Ball races allowed on both front and rear axles.
Either 32 or 48 dp pinion and spur gear may be used.
Mardave Differentials will be allowed.
Car suspension and wheel carriers shall remain as kit although any commercially available springs may be used.
The use of countersunk holes and screws on the underside of the chassis is recommended but not mandatory.
Body mounts may be changed or altered.
Wiper board mounting plate may be changed, altered or removed.
The motor may be fitted to either side of the pod, either directly or via a spacer/plate(to prevent heat transfer and softening of the blocks, or for weight distribution) providing that there are no alterations to the mounting blocks.(Thinning of pod to give clearance to motor wires, drilling of a hole for access to pinion grub screw and/or addition of tie bar to prevent distortion are permissible)
No external bumpers are permitted, although a firm foam internal bumper is mandatory on the front.(10mm minimum cross section)
Any make of servo, servo saver or track rod ends may be used on the cars steering system.

SUPERDAVE

As above but composite chassis allowed. Dimensions not to exceed those of the standard chassis and must be one piece, i.e. no “T” bar or link style. Wheelbase and track as V12 kit.

BODYSHELL

Any commercially available body shell manufactured specifically for the Mardave V12 in either ABS or Lexan may be used. Shells from manufacturers other than Mardave and Kamtec must be submitted to the committee for approval. Realistic representations of full size racing cars positively encouraged.

NOTE, NO 1/12 WEDGES. The shell must remain securely fixed to the car throughout the race. Windows may be cut out on ABS shells.
No supplementary aerofoils or fins shall be fitted to the body with the exception of a realistic size rear wing if desirable.
This wing must be non metallic, commercially available and securely fixed.
The body shell can be decorated to suit the individuals taste providing all coatings are of a permanent nature
The rear of the body shell should remain intact, i.e. not cut-out above the lower bumper line.

ELECTRICS
STANDARD BRUSHED

Any type, make and capacity of speed controller may be used providing it includes reverse.(MAX UK rrp £69.99)
Cars to use four cells only, cells to be sub-C sized cells only, with a nominal voltage of 1.2 volts per cell, cells to be NiCad and Nimh’s only. Battery mountings may be changed from the original.
Brushed Motors will be the Mardave G2 unit; At a National or GP, these motors will be issued to competitors at the time of booking in.(INCLUDED IN ENTRY FEE) Additional ‘control’ motors will be available during the meeting. No other motors are allowed.
Under no circumstances are fan motors, re-buildable motors, fitting of external bearings or skimming of motor commutators allowed.
Heatsinks with cooling fans are allowed.

STOCK BRUSHLESS 13.5

Only forward / reverse Brushless ESC’s with NO TURBO or BOOST or on the fly timing advance function from the following list may be used:-

Fusion: - Exceed (Sport, Race, Pro)

Castle Creations: - MambaMaxPro.

LRP:- A.I BrushlessReverse, Ai Brushless Pro Reverse, SPX Brushless Reverse, - SPX Brushless Bullet Reverse.

Nosram: - Evil Reverse, Evil Power Reverse, Matrix Brushless Reverse, Matrix Power Brushless Reverse

Novak: - GTB (GTB 4 Cell, GTB, GTB Spectrum) GTB2, Havoc 1 Cell, Havoc Sport.

Tekin:- R1(sensor less)

Other suitable ESC’s may be added from time to time

Anyone wishing to use an esc not on the above list should submit said esc to the committee for checking and inclusion into the rules
NOTE: - Please make your own checks on compatibility with regards to reverse function and 1s lipo use.
Brushless motors to have a minimum of 13.5 turns and a maximum UK rrp of £75.00
Cars to use 1s Lipo 3.7 volt batteries. In the short term, 4cell Nims 4.8 volt may be used but with a 150g weight penalty. 3cell Nims 3.6 volt may also be used without penalty. Note:- weight difference between 1s lipo and 4 cell Nimh is approx. 150g
Plastic whip aerials are allowed
Battery mountings may be changed from original.
Fitting of additional bearings to support the motor shaft are allowed.

SUPERDAVE

Any forward / reverse or forward only Brushless ESC with NO TURBO or BOOST or on the fly timing advance function may be used.
Cars with no reverse are used at drivers own risk and must have a fluorescent sticker on the roof
The Mardave G2BL system may be used.
NOTE: - Please make your own checks on compatibility with regards to reverse function and 1s lipo use.
Brushless motors other than the one in the Mardave G2BL system to be 10.5 turn minimum. Maximum UK rrp of £75.00
4 Cell nimh may be used until the end of 2011 or until the end of a series if it continues into 2012.
Plastic whip aerials are allowed.
Battery mountings may be changed from original.
Fitting of additional bearings to support the motor shaft are allowed.
Composite chassis allowed. Dimensions not to exceed those of the standard chassis and must be one piece, i.e. no “T” bar or link style. Wheelbase and track as V12 kit.

TYRES

The tyres may be changed from the original kit tires
Tires to be Min 20mm Max 26mm width and have a Max 60mm diameter. No minimum diameter for tires, but the tire must cover the wheel. Any foam tire make or compound allowed.
GENERAL SETUP

Any commercially available tyre additive may be used providing it is non toxic, odourless and any excess is removed from the surface of the tyres and tyres to be ‘Touch Dry’ prior to the start of the race.
Minimum car ride height will be no lower than 3mm, 1mm at the spur gear.
Minimum car weight is 1kg (1000g). Brushless with 4 cells Nimh is 1150g.
Commercially available comm. drops may be applied to the motor commutator PLEASE NOTE

Any car not conforming to the above rules will still be allowed to race but will NOT gain any championship points.
ANY manufactures new parts or bodyshells must be readily available to everyone at least 28 days prior to a national or GP race meeting for inclusion.
Old 28-03-2011

this will kill the mardaves,everybody at different speeds and nothin about lipo abuse,overcharging and heating them up to go faster ,tekin pro r1 is the best speedo there 120 plus 75 for a motor
Old 28-03-2011

How can G2 and 4 cell kill the mardave ?

LiPo abuse is defo a no no same as all BRCA meetings charge at 1c why would you post that ?

watch this video of Nick and me

Nick is G2 4 cell and me in 13.5 brushless 1s LiPo

Tekin is the best speedo I agree . . . . . IN A TOURING CAR

Nick is car 1 i'm car 2

http://www.youtube.com/v/fI8EEjOLOBI
Old 28-03-2011

WHY OH WHY

Mardave is the simplest and cheeps form of racing
Why change it ????

All your doing is trying to re invent the wheel
the only difference between 13.5 and superdave is the motor basically as everyone will probually run the esc listed in the 13.5 class. superdave is what it says SUPER, use what you want (esc / Motor)

These are the rules on the mardave site
http://mardaveonline.co.uk/2010Circu...sBRCARules.pdf
Old 28-03-2011

4 cells and g2 is good but put it against a tekin r1 with 40 degrees advance and a short stack 13.5 motor and it wont be close,so spend £195 and win
Old 28-03-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
Nick is car 1 i'm car 2
http://www.youtube.com/v/fI8EEjOLOBI
want's me to download the link above

so if it's doing it for others here's a working link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI8EEjOLOBI
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonrc View Post
WHY OH WHY

Why change it ????

We have not changed it its still a Mardave with G2 and 4 cell but open your eyes there is a lot of clubs running 13.5 and LiPo they want it and we have gave it to them there is more people out there that just your self

But this time we have a rubber tyre on a wooden wheel

the only difference between 13.5 and superdave is the motor basically as everyone will probually run the esc listed in the 13.5 class. superdave is what it says SUPER, use what you want (esc / Motor)

I Agree but turn up and vote on it in October . . I hope you vote on it as I think its a good idea as well

Read the LINK it says Proposed
Remember these are only set till october so please turn up and vote on rules at the AGM
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo16v View Post
4 cells and g2 is good but put it against a tekin
r1 with 40 degrees advance and a short stack 13.5 motor and it wont be close,so spend £195 and win

Steve. . .

Tekin R1 is a STOCK ESC IT HAS NO BOOST OR TIMIMG and is a sensorless ESC

From Randy Pike as I asked him. . . . http://forum.teamtekin.com/phpbb3/vi...php?f=8&t=2975

"The R1 cannot run boost or turbo since it's a sensorless controller."

Hope that helps you all before buying one

One final Note:- I think the Guys did a good job try it and see then if you dont like it I hope to See as many of you at the BRCA AGM in October to put your views across and vote but untill Now thats it Guys
Old 28-03-2011

hes wrong ive got one,no boost or turbo but up to 40 degrees boost,dont get me wrong ,the proposals are good for people who are racing at the moment but u have to look at the bigger picture,mardaves have been around for over 20 years because there cheap.they are the basis of most clubs because of this.all thats going to happen is clubs will run there own rules and not drive the commitee forward.what about a voltage resistor that can be fitted to all cars controling the max voltage at the motor.it would bring all the classes together and stop the expensive motor and speedo,surly mtronics or mardave could sort something
Old 28-03-2011

See they tried to cover all the ESC and some one has it wrong ?

I think maybe in that case then the rule of no timing or boost has put a stop to the R1

Then on the other hand it says you can use it

Hmmm I think in that case the R1 will be knocked off Ill send them an e-mail

Thanks Steve thats the spirit

You still missing the point tho Steve look at the video I posted above its all level and good fun as it is with the speedo's listed ( possable the R1 ) I urge all to watch the video its close racing

Gazza
Old 28-03-2011

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonrc View Post
WHY OH WHY

Why change it ????

agreed fella
Old 28-03-2011

LOL OK no one likes a change . . .

So lets all go back to mud huts and horse and cart and no internet

We are humans we move onwards and forwards unless your IQ cant grasp that
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
LOL OK no one likes a change . . .

So lets all go back to mud huts and horse and cart and no internet

We are humans we move onwards and forwards unless your IQ cant grasp that
we dont have a problem with moving forward but end of the day its a bottom end class of racing, its good that both kids and adults can have the fun of racing on a lower budget.
if ur wanting to go for all this modern technology change class because mardave hasnt changed for the last 20 year, cheap and cheerful
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo16v View Post
hes wrong ive got one,no boost or turbo but up to 40 degrees boost,dont get me wrong ,the proposals are good for people who are racing at the moment but u have to look at the bigger picture,mardaves have been around for over 20 years because there cheap.they are the basis of most clubs because of this.all thats going to happen is clubs will run there own rules and not drive the commitee forward.what about a voltage resistor that can be fitted to all cars controling the max voltage at the motor.it would bring all the classes together and stop the expensive motor and speedo,surly mtronics or mardave could sort something
Hes not sayin they are gettin rid of standard mardave is he?
he just proposing classes.
We are not sayin to people they have to go and spend on expensive speedos etc the stadard mardave class is still there.
The mardave brushed stock with G2 motors and that and the mardave 13.5 class is basically the same classes ardent has been running all winter and have had no problems... they are not run against each other and so there will be no problem with g2 motors not coping against 1s lipo 13.5 brushless mardave. (althought at the last club meet it was a standard g2 mardave that won when number were less)
Plus its only a proposal if people have a problem or need clarification then turn up in october and it sorted then.
Old 28-03-2011

OK bad news for Tekin R1
The R1. . . it Just Has no physical timing advance. . .

So in other words its got no on the fly timing so its ok if you run the full 40 degree then its boged down in the bends but good on the straight same as the Fusion and he says the fusion is possable 10% Better. .

all so the R1 wont take the Hotwire programe

So thats that one cleared up

As per Churk the G2 and 4 cell is still running and will do so . .

We will never get rid of it unless the people who make Nihm's go and then its all lipo for every one Planes / Boats your cordless drill etc
Old 28-03-2011

Yeah thats what im trying to say...
Some people commenting seem to think that all the classes are gonna be raced together which they are not and also that the standard mardave will disappear which we know it wont as its still he biggest class at ardent in mardaves.

In a nut shell wat is proposed is as follows:

Class 1
Standard Mardave
- G2 Motors Only!!!
- Any speedo up to price of £70RRP
- Original mardave Parts
- Original Mardave chassis.
- Any Servo

Class 2
13.5 Stock brushless
- 1s Lipo
- 13.5 Brushless Motor Limit.
- Speedo have to be non turbo etc only one on list or ones passed by the BRCA for this class.
- Any Servo
- Original Mardave Parts.
- Original Mardave Chassis.

Class 3
Superdave
- 1s Lipo
- Any Motor and Speedo.
- Composite Chassis Allowed.

Thats what i gathered from the PROPOSED rules for october.
Just for those that seem to be getting confused.
Old 28-03-2011

And so we do not have too many classe's watering down the entree, Class 1 and Class 2 will race together as they are comparable speed, and Class 3 will be on their own.
Old 28-03-2011

Angry

Ah well, as expected we still have to use a forward / reverse speedo, after all the speeches, all the statements it still comes down to the same shit! well thanks for that! WTF do ya want with reverse! wasnt going to be mandatory! dont need one in superdave tho, but i want to run with my mates as i have been in 13.5 brushless, no turbo, no timing advance. cheap basic speedo (Speedo speed passions CIRTIX stock speedo £54)
Mardave for sale if these rules come into action, why should i have to pay out again!

RIP MARDAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.bedworthRC.com
www.cmcc-online.com
www.ardentracing.com
www.jcracingproducts.co.uk

My Trader Feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46608
Old 28-03-2011

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the other guys were right.....

The 13.5 and the G2 will both run in the same class, as now after many months of testing and trial and error we have found that with the right kit they are on par with each other and if you take a look at the vid that Gazza made at Hinckley you will see that this is the case.
The G2 will be around for a long time yet but we thought it was time that the mardave was brought into the 20th century and moved forward with the times with lipo's and brushless motors.
It seems that he who can afford the best cells "Nimh" is more often than not at the front of the pack, and using a G2 for no more than a months racing isn't uncommon now so it just makes sense to homogenise the 2 together, no more fading motors because of heat build up and having to equalize cells every week just to be on the pace.
I could add more reasons like the cost of a decent matched pack of Nimh's and the £8 for a motor once a month ect,ect, it just made sense to combine the 2 classes, they are on par with each other and in the long run cheaper.

Also remember these are PROPOSED RULES we want to here what you guys think and if you feel strongly about it join us at the AGM in October.

We are going to be running these rules in the 5 round championships organised by RCCIRCUITCARS to be held at ARDENT please do come and join us it's going to be a great event and a possible eye opener.....

Marti.
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
Ah well, as expected we still have to use a forward / reverse speedo, after all the speeches, all the statements it still comes down to the same shit! well thanks for that! WTF do ya want with reverse! wasnt going to be mandatory! dont need one in superdave tho, but i want to run with my mates as i have been in 13.5 brushless, no turbo, no timing advance. cheap basic speedo (Speedo speed passions CIRTIX stock speedo £54)
Mardave for sale if these rules come into action, why should i have to pay out again!

RIP MARDAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do agree in Sheepdogs case, surely it should be the driver choice whether your mardave has reverse or not. At the end of the day if u crash its your fault and what are marshalls for? if you think you are good enough to run without reverse then you should be able to.