differant surfaces added but features left as they are 1 2.70%
differant features but suface left as it is 8 21.62%
move rostron back 1m from edge of track + re weld it 1 2.70%
build custom clubhouse with electric , no track mods 3 8.11%
nothing at all , bury is perfect as it is 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-07-2013

DELETED

Last edited by jhammond; 08-06-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 29-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
I think we all know what features need attention.
All of them...
Quads do not work.
Cross in middle is too agressive and unpredictable.
Step up step off is absolutely rubbish and looks like a 8 yr old sculpted it.
Banked corner on the right side end of straight is useless.
And the top left corner is too narrow and close to the fence.

Clubs are finding ways to build tracks from scratch.
We have the space for an amazing track.
Money is sitting around waiting to be spent.
BMRCC used to be a top level club, now its a basher club that doesnt care.
The track needs changing..lets do it!
Well said mate I agree with the lot

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 29-07-2013
Stu-Perstar

Thanks for ALL the nice comments of the track I designed and built. Friends.
Old 29-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Thanks for ALL the nice comments of the track I designed and built. Friends.
Come on stu don't play the martyr no ones having a go at you the track didnt exactly turn out as the design you did.

Old 29-07-2013

You know what guys, you're very harsh on your club and its track. Many clubs wish they had something approaching it!
It gave you something to race on the last couple of years, and you can improve it relatively easily. But it was a start, and let's be thankful to the person(s) who made it possible. I helped to design and build the old track (and several before that at Sunny Bank) the resources we had then were unbelievable; it was a great track.

I've attended every National this year with Luke and Josh - some good tracks. But you know what - several people were moaning and criticising all of them! That's life.

Best thing to do, having listened, and thought about it:

* Lift sections of the Astro, and build say two table tops, and a large triple jump, with humps and troughs wide enough so you can opt to do 1+1+1, 1+2, or 2+1 safely or with risk, to suit driving style, track layout and car. Measure Broxtowe triple, and Stotfold table tops - they work really well. Don't reinvent the wheel - those features work. The dimensions are critical and there to be measured and reproduced.

* I personally think introducing different running surfaces adds interest and enjoyment. If funds stretch that far it's a good idea.

So thanks to those who made the current track possible. If we can improve it, great. But we couldn't if it wasn't there to star with!

Ed
Old 29-07-2013

I havent been racing long and Ive only raced at Bury so heres my fresh take on the track and club.

The guys there are really friendly and very welcoming and adds to the enjoyment of a race day and whilst the track is very user friendly and adaptable, with such great versatility in terms of layout, I do agree that a new feature or a re-model would be cool.

Props to the guys who design the track and set it out though, they do a great job with what they have got and I like the fact that I havent raced on the same track twice! Its adds the element of having to adapt your car and driving style to the different layouts whereas with a permanent track I guess you learn it, set your car up to it, and drive round it endlessly, which isnt all that appealing to me as the challenge of facing a new layout each time is exciting. So I think this works in favour of the club as surely I cant be the only one who likes the concept of evolving track designs!

As for keeping the same circuit so you know if you are getting faster, and how we are improving, maybe run a timed practice day every couple of months. With the same track layout every time so you actually do know if you are lapping at a faster rate than you previously were.

But back on topic I drew up alittle track map on publisher and put in what I thought would be cool on the track. Ive seen someone mention a 3-way table top infront of the rostrum and I like the idea too (its the feature in red on the little map) I think if it was linked to the dome in the middle it would also provide areas for off - camber corners and a little variety in the design of the track layout. But sticking to the idea of removable features so kids dont ruin them with the bikes etc. There are a couple of ideas in the bottom left and right corners of the picture, and maybe surfacing them and the wooden jumps with astro (dont know if it can be done) or leaving them blank would also mix things up alittle.

Just my thoughts anyway, but regardless of the track, I will still be racing there as personally, I don't find it 'crap' and always leave the rostrum with a smile on my race (even if I did rubbish!)

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture of track amendments.jpg (13.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 29-07-2013

Default Track

I think a lot of the surgestions made are good one, but all these changes have to be put to the commity so decisions can be made. We do havbe spare astro in the jumps container at the back. I think surface changes could be a good idea and johny mention difrent astro. The garden center near me sell artificial grass for gardens With blades and not twill). They are selling of cuts at not bad prices (looks like rolls of carpet). I think that any changes to the track should be undertaken by a landscaper as trying to get club members to come down and help out with track maintenance is hard at the best of times, people have thier own things to do after work. Stu I think the track is not bad just now wants a bit of tweeking.
Old 29-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
If we are paying of course it needs doing properly.
However the track is the least of our problems. We need power to race control and perhaps a proper race controller who actually wants to be there and some members who'll turn out to maintain the track they have before we need to worry about becoming a Robin Hood clone.
You missed the painting si loads that to do as well lol
Old 29-07-2013

Quote:
Winter meetings make little if any profit unless they are very busy. But Counthill is a lot cheaper than most possible venues so consequently less people need to go to cover the costs.
The other option is no racing at all over winter - we tried outdoors and its too bloody cold!
Indoor si i do need speak to someone about that as before roger pasted i did tell him i know we're there is a very cheap mill in Radcliffe and i happen to know the owner pretty well also
Old 30-07-2013
Mad Member

Here are my thoughts.
1. A roof is needed. But track should be priority.
2. Don't need multi surface, Broxtowe and stotfold are mint so that's what we need to look to and aim for.
3. We need to hire someone to do this as nobody will actually put the time in to do this and we also don't reallyhave the expertise. so we need a track builder to help us hopefully we can find one on oople.
4. I agree totally with you buds. This should be a big priority over winter.
5. Table tops like broxtowe rather than "jumps" is what we want, just jumping off a ramp to flat is crap. Whereas trying to judge a jump bank to bank is way more fun.
6. Level changes is what we need the most and redesigning of current features. As they're not great, and like you said bud. Stu even you'll admit they weren't as you designed because of the council so lets make them how they were supposed to be. I think Cross is too 'stop, start, stop, start' and there's no flow. If it could be made a little less harsh that would be good.
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 30-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygibbon View Post
here are some sketchs i did in winter
weve been on about this for two years
{edit oople is being arsey and i cant upload pics}
but a fe people saw them during the winter rounds
i ill get em up soon
we need more action and pics or designs les talk and naysaying

i have also contacted a sk8park builder i know
he works for councils and all his guys have cscs cards
he built radcliffe sk8 park in concrete
walmsley sk8park
and many more 150000 pound plus parks around britain
uses a 10000 pound design package and i think hes the man for us
roger spoke to him in the past about track building to
he is a top contractor and can build anything we want
he says he will talk to our committee and he could start work in a few months
i ill be forwardeding his details to the other committee members
even if we do two features or modifications a year we are on course to a top race track in 2 or 3 years
the old track evovled with time this needs to as well
Very interesting.....
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 30-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
It's a great starting point we just need someone with the balls and the cheque book to say yes. Trust me it would pay dividends look at what the gymnasts got holly mollie what if the built them a gym with no changing rooms or no bleeding ropes hanging from the ceiling would they have excepted that? You should of seen the fools the council sent to build it they hadn't a clue.

Me and rob mills on one of the many jumps we used to have

The wood on the block paved hair pin on top of one of our high speeds jumps at the end of the straight
Sorry woody.... Cannot let you get away with that picture..!!!! Haha nice boufon!!
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 30-07-2013

If you ask me, first thing we should be doing is peeling up some of the astro on one of the current features and have a go at fixing it to work as Stu intended. That will give everyone a good idea of the work involved.

I would suggest the step-up ramp to the tabletop as the best candidate, as it can be out of commission for a meeting or two without causing much of an issue. Either make it higher, or move it further back so landing is easier without having to hit it so hard you risk going into the fence.
Old 30-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I want the race control cabin moving back about 3 ft so people can see the track corners better. Anyone got a massive forklift?

Phil - AFAIK we haven't actually booked indoors yet so find some details out. Radcliffe would be better than Oldham for most people - especially the top of Counthill which is inaccessible in the snow. We just need storage space, a big hall and power really.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 30-07-2013

Default forward thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howler View Post
If you ask me, first thing we should be doing is peeling up some of the astro on one of the current features and have a go at fixing it to work as Stu intended. That will give everyone a good idea of the work involved.

I would suggest the step-up ramp to the tabletop as the best candidate, as it can be out of commission for a meeting or two without causing much of an issue. Either make it higher, or move it further back so landing is easier without having to hit it so hard you risk going into the fence.
to be honest that's ment to have been done ages ago but like you said be good starting point people don't realise what a large job it will be and be good to see how many people turn up to do it
Old 30-07-2013

Quote:
I want the race control cabin moving back about 3 ft so people can see the track corners better. Anyone got a massive forklift?

Phil - AFAIK we haven't actually booked indoors yet so find some details out. Radcliffe would be better than Oldham for most people - especially the top of Counthill which is inaccessible in the snow. We just need storage space, a big hall and power really.
its a hiab job really which I can dig the number out for someone and I start looking into indoor venue again and get back to you si
Old 30-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:

Can't we get that place near Bolton hospital again? We didn't have it last time because cricketers had booked it??? Fast surface

Old 30-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No contact details...

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 30-07-2013
Mad Member

Old 30-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9144 View Post
to be honest that's ment to have been done ages ago but like you said be good starting point people don't realise what a large job it will be and be good to see how many people turn up to do it
Exactly, i helped build the jump on the back straight on the old track originally, and it took a lot of manpower to move the astro more than anything else. Also, nobody really knows what they've used under there.