Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > JQ Products

Old 08-04-2013
Mad Member

Default Jq Option Parts Set And Chassis 2013

The 2013 season is upon us, and we have decided to add more value to THECar, Yellow Edition, buy releasing a limited Pre-Season Value kit. This value kit has been available for distributors to order recently, and will hit the shops any day now. The kit is normally priced, but it includes over $100 worth of new option parts. Contrary to the pictures we so professionally took in good time, this pré-saison value kit actually includes:

NEW Wide Chassis

NEW Old School Ackermann Plate, (with required hardware)

NEW Throttle and Break Linkages (for wide chassis)

NEW Rear Brace (for wide chassis)

NEW Right Sideguard (for wide chassis)

The Pre Season Value Kit JQB578: YE + Option Parts Set

THE 2013 Option Parts Set JQS027: Just the Option Parts

All the parts will also be available individually later on in the summer!

PLEASE NOTE: The Value Kit, and the Option Sets do NOT include a new wide body. The YE body will not work as it is too narrow. We will be offering a JQ Products wide body at the end of April. Until then, the ProLine JQ Bulldog works, along with bodies for Xray for example. Sorry for not being perfect :-)

The idea behind these new parts is to improve the handling of the car. Last summer we developed both these parts, but we did not feel that we have enough to warrant a completely new car. Also, a lot of people love the YE as it is. Here is how it works: The new wide chassis makes the car more stable, and easier to drive. It feels like it has more traction, and reacts to everything slower, and less aggressively. This will be good for many drivers. If you are an aggressive driver, or are otherwise struggling with finding an easy setup, this chassis is for you. However, some people absolutely love THECar, because it is very fast, when driven "slowly", as in, you don't have to push the car, in order to go fast. These people will probably prefer the standard chassis.

As for the steering, what it does, is it calms down the initial steering response. Once again it makes THECar easier to drive, because the initial steering is reduced, and the relative steering mid to exit of the corner is increased. This makes the car easier to drive as it is less responsive, yet it maintains good steering through the corner.

Old 08-04-2013
Mad Member

http://jq-products.smugmug.com/THECa...3616&k=q58CvS9

Old 09-05-2013
Mad Member

JQ OPTION PARTS AND ALL NEW CHASSIS;

I was very lucky to be given the oppurtunity to try the new chassis along with the option parts, i mounted it on to my 477 kit which was a bit of a struggle and some fiddling to be had but once it was done it was now time to go and test this bit of sleek ,sexy, kit; With a bit of dremmeling and cutting the my new 477 bodyshell to make a best fit as we could it was of for some serious testing .Roll on when the new shells arrive as make life a little easier but we managed to convert the 477 shell to fit ;

I went to Slough G/P for 3 days on dirt with Dave Griffiths GB MODELSPORT and wanted to have some quality time on the dirt track to prove what this chassis was capabale of.I had previously been there with my 477 on the normal chassis so this was time to tell how the all new chassis comapred with the old one;

My first impression of the chassis was because it is wider than the 477 it has given the car alot more stability and i feel it has made the car alot easier to drive and feel it has taken alot of agreession away from it ,it has also given the car alot more traction which i felt you could put more power down in and out of the corners and the car would be stable in fact it is more like super glued to the track ;
The chassis also gave me alot more stability that i was looking for over the jumps and landings hence i am a female driver so need this stability once i am air born the way the car jumps and stabilizes itself through the take of airborn and landing is incredable, some of the manouvers i got myself out of was fantastic that i could have never done with the original 477 chassis;

The whole chassis just makes the car alot easier to drive ,more stable and makes me want to push even harder than i have ever done before as i feel this new chassis will allow you to do this and give you so much more back in return;

As for the option part steering well it is amazing i have mine set on the middle which is about average and find this setting more than enough i feel the old school ackerman plate is a great accent to the car and i find it that it gives you more rapid steering but on a slower pace which again this enables the car to overall more stabilized. I found that the you can push the car into corners more but the stability of the steering also gives me the stability that i am after on high power cornering ;

The whole car has a adverse definate reaction from me and could not have wished for a better team to help me than Dave Griffiths GB Modelsport giving me the oppurtunity to try the new chassis,JQ Team for the help and advice on to how to push the car forward more and my driving;

Joseph & Ilias for making this at all possible for TEAM JQ back her in the U.K

To order your today please contact the following ;

Contact us
GB Modelsport Limited
50 Westbury Road
Heath Farm
Shrewsbury
SY1 3HW
United Kingdom

Tel: + 44 (0) 1952 739283

Email enquiries@gbmodelsport.co.uk