Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 04-02-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Hi carl,

http://www.xfactoryrc.com/news_09_27_06.htm

This website shows them, and there is a link there to buy them too.
Or you could just get them from Lesro for £10, rather than spending $17 just on the shipping!!

So much for supporting the importer.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 05-02-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

hey chris! i still need to decide whether i should upgrade my AE shocks, which i spose has an advantage as i have always used these and can get them rite and wont need alot of help, ye like erm sum1, coff coff andy cofff

but losi shocks are so much smoother, but i dno wot Ae ones would be like with TiNitride shafts and everything green slimed.

ye my gearbox made a rite racket on saturday. i need to solve the problem, lol

thanks

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44

Last edited by mattym0310; 06-02-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-02-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Matt,
I'll always prefer Losi shocks, but its your preference that counts. I think Andy liked his X-6 with the Losi shocks on? Well, if you are not sure what to do with the AE shocks but like them anyway, id suggest rebuilding them with new seals - use plenty of green slime, and new unobtainium or MIP shafts. This'll make the movement of the shock very slick and might transform your car. Have you persuaded Andy to let you have his spare AE shocks??

I noticed your car became noisey. Have you discovered the cause? Mine seemed quiet, I had put some silicone (diff) grease on my gears for the first time, and I reckon it helps in the nois department.

Chris
Old 05-02-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to xx4-nutter

Quote:
Hi Garry,
Quote:
Oh I remember Dave, if I remember rightly, he'll still ahve his 2wd Losi shocks which he ran on his X-5 for a while. Think he has now gone to the right 4wd shocks for his X-5 now? I haven't spoken to him for a while.

Dan is Losi too.

Don't worry about specs, 2 for 1 at specsaver or the cheaper way, is come over and have a good look.

hhaahhaahha

ye he running proper shocks now i think lol

Garry D.
Old 06-02-2007
Mad Member

hi chris ye thanks i think ill try putting some grease on the gears, as i dont normally do this because it doesnt run as freely. but i am willing to try anything, the noise is driving me crazy hehe

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 12-02-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

hey guys can anyone help me with some advise please I currently run a B4 and thinking of getting the X6 conversion but dont know whether I would benefit from this or not as my B4 runs verywell currently anyhelp?

Last edited by Mike Hudson; 12-02-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2007

Send a message via MSN to AndyM

scamp, if your happy with your b4, and it is working great for you at the moment, there isnt alot of point changing cars.

The X6 is a great car, much better than a B4, definately, but if your really happy with your b4, then is there really any point spending the money?
as the saying goes...: 'If it 'aint broke, dont fix it.'

the cars are fantastic, made me much faster, and they r easier to drive. but its down to your own driving style. some people may not like the cars. []

if yoo are happy with your b4, stick with it.

hope this helps.

Andy
Old 12-02-2007

Quote:
Hi Matt,
I'll always prefer Losi shocks, but its your preference that counts. I think Andy liked his X-6 with the Losi shocks on? Well, if you are not sure what to do with the AE shocks but like them anyway, id suggest rebuilding them with new seals - use plenty of green slime, and new unobtainium or MIP shafts. This'll make the movement of the shock very slick and might transform your car. Have you persuaded Andy to let you have his spare AE shocks??

I noticed your car became noisey. Have you discovered the cause? Mine seemed quiet, I had put some silicone (diff) grease on my gears for the first time, and I reckon it helps in the nois department.

Chris
hes not havin them, if he wants them, he will hav to pay

yep chris, i really, really liked my car with the new shocks.
The losi shocks have completely transformed my car. thanks alot chris for buildin them up for me. the AE shocks i had on before were just shocking []

my car is soooo much smoother, round corners and is much nicer to drive.

thanks chris,
Andy
Old 12-02-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Matt, once the gears are loud, the chances are they're shot and you need new ones whatever, a new idler and diff gear should be not much more than a fiver, check the layshaft too, though that should be OK. Internal gears are a consumable part on any car, they last a lot longer than other parts but they do wear out, once noisy they are likely too far gone!

I much prefer the Losi shocks, it's funny Losi shocks on a B4 seems to make it worse, yet Losi shocks on an X6 seems to make it much better

I hear on the grapevine Chris' X6 took TQ in round 1 yesterday at Teeside by a few seconds and there was a few in the A again

Nortech is ACE!
Old 12-02-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by super__dan View Post
it's funny Losi shocks on a B4 seems to make it worse, yet Losi shocks on an X6 seems to make it much better
Not sure on that one, my B4 seemed better on Losi shocks, it could just be a set-up thing.

G
Old 12-02-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by super__dan View Post
Matt, once the gears are loud, the chances are they're shot and you need new ones whatever, a new idler and diff gear should be not much more than a fiver, check the layshaft too, though that should be OK. Internal gears are a consumable part on any car, they last a lot longer than other parts but they do wear out, once noisy they are likely too far gone!
firstly, welldone chris! and all other drivers at teeside.

dan, last saturday night [ a week ago] when the problem was at its worse it has ever been since i got the x6, [it was fine in my b4] i got tired of it and changed all the bearings in my gear box and the idler gear as the diff gear was fine. and everything was setup perfectly except for this horrible noise.
when i first got my x6 i had a problem with the gear box the layshaft seemed to rubbing on something, so i opend it up to check wot was wrong, and everything seemed great, so i used it again and it seemed to stop, and a few weeks ago this problem started again, so i rebuilt it all again, [this was a week after i had just rebuilt my diff] and cleaned it all off [not that it needed it] and rebuilt my slipper, and did this, working on it for hours, and then so i left it b4 racing as i was going to ask you or chris to have a look, but then as i packed away ready to set off to york, it suddenly worked again . i got so confused. and now it has started to sound like some horrible tractor. so i changed all the bearings and idler gear, cleaned it all off and still the noise is there. could this be a problem with the gearbox casing???

thanks alot
mattt
[sorry if that makes no sense at all, lol]

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 12-02-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

yes thanks andy the X6's i saw yesterday at Teeside looked and performed great round the track it seems most people are moving on from the B4 to eitha the X6 or the Losi XXXCR now so im not being a sheep but ill follow and go get my self an X6 and does anyone run a 78 tooth spur and with what pinion for what motor you use on their X6 as ive noticed with an 81 tooth you need to file down th driveshaft abit to prevent it from mangling your spur or change to a 78t spur?
Old 12-02-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks guys,
My X-6 was great yesterday.

Mike, good choice. You should come over and im happy to chat at the trackside if need any guidance.

I ran a 78tooth spur for most of the time I have had the car. It works fine. With a 10x2 I gear it 78/20 and with an 11x2 gear it 78/19 (My motors are checkpoint). Yesterday, I ran an 82 spur and it felt better, 10x2 geared 82/22.... I am running a Losi slipper and spur assembly, thats why it is 82tooth and not 81.
Old 12-02-2007

i run a 81 tooth, i havnt had any problems with the driveshafts rubbing on the spur
Old 12-02-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Chris thanks for the info and that would be much appreciated ill will probably need help with the setup, it will be new to me so I wont have much idea on what settings i shud use thanks again
Old 12-02-2007
Mad Member

hey scamp, ill give yoo a hand i believe my setup is dialled! and i use AE shocks, it is completely different to chris' so yoo can try both and see wot happens, lol. so will yoo have it for the supercup??? and its a definate buy then??

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 12-02-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

yes its a deffinate buy but i will most likely have it before the supercup but im racing my B4 for the last time there it needs a good last event to finish its time served on see if i beat yoo and yor brother matty then yoo'll neva have a chance to beat my B4 again haha but i do hope to do as best as ic an with it before its sad end but its for the best ill benefit alot more from an X6 and i get to have another nice paintjob to have done on the shell
Old 12-02-2007
Mad Member

haha, sorry but it sounds like ur losing a member of your family, lol. and yes of course you will win! . it will never happen, might beat andy but u have no chance against me hehe. na i was kiddin lets jus see wot happens

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 12-02-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

someone please tell me where i can get a set of losi shocks for a low price there so expensive from what ive seen
Old 12-02-2007

land of cheapness...

America