Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 28-10-2013

hi there
is it a cheap making speedy or high quality speedo?
i am thinking about getting a lrp flow works team or this toro

mike
Old 28-10-2013

I run 4 of these, the new v1.05 software really improves the throttle and breaking... For the new price of $79.90 with a smart program box and free shipping from RCmart you can't go wrong!!
Old 28-10-2013

Is this esc for competition or just for fun?
Old 29-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihael View Post
Is this esc for competition or just for fun?
I race with these at a pro level.. Very competitive!!
Old 29-10-2013

Send a message via Yahoo to vgeorge Send a message via Skype™ to vgeorge

Is this a copy of Hobbywing V3?You know if the program card from Hobbywing works also with this esc?
Old 29-10-2013

Default Toro 120a

Hi,
I run 1 of these competitevely in the UK have to say it seems extremely good value my car is lightning quick, TM2 6.5 geared high indoors and had no trouble got mine from eBay brand new £75 with programme card, bit dubious at first but now I've learnt the speedo they seem awesome.

Gavin
Old 29-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by croller View Post
Hi,
I run 1 of these competitevely in the UK have to say it seems extremely good value my car is lightning quick, TM2 6.5 geared high indoors and had no trouble got mine from eBay brand new £75 with programme card, bit dubious at first but now I've learnt the speedo they seem awesome.

Gavin
Gavin, did you upgrade the software v1.05?
Old 29-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by croller View Post
Hi,

Gavin
How have you set it up as I have just got one for my tm2 with a hpi 6.5 and it seems a bit slower than when I had my hobbywing in
Old 31-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin70 View Post
Gavin, did you upgrade the software v1.05?
Hi Darrin,
No I haven't wouldn't no how to, if I'm honest I feel the brakes are a little weak I am going to play about with the brakes they are on 100% but I need to find out what 1st and 2nd stage brakes are, it's my first speedo using a programme board I'm a LRP man as a rule
Old 31-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelar View Post
How have you set it up as I have just got one for my tm2 with a hpi 6.5 and it seems a bit slower than when I had my hobbywing in
Hi Lee,
I am geared 24/85 on a cheap turnigy 6.5 and turnigy 4300 shorty cells, it's standard settings as per modified paperwork in the box, boost at 10 and turbo at 15 it's whatever it said plus a bit on turbo for good measure, but I set the turbo on rpm only and brought the rpm down to turn it into a animal , it was the fastest car there by a mile, I was struggling to hold onto it a bit and I'm no slouch!
Old 31-10-2013

Thanks I have not had a chance to play with the settings yet but that sounds a good place to start
Old 12-11-2013

has any one updated the software to v1.07rar yet or no whats the difference is
Old 20-11-2013

Hows everyone getting on with these speedos? Good performance and reliable? None blown up or randomly failed on anyone?
Old 20-11-2013

I havent got much to compare mine with except the 210 RTR speedo but its been perfect so far, been to 2 meetings and not had any issues. Software works well, although not perfectly catered for us English chaps but good enough. Program box does a good job too, plus can test servos/motors/battery voltages etc. Thinking of getting the bluetooth adaptor too, since its only £13 delivered.

I'm very happy, hopefully it stays that way
Old 21-11-2013

I am very happy with mine and have just got the Bluetooth module which works perfectly with my nexux7 for setting the speedo up but will not update the software as the app will shut down
Old 21-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaMight View Post
I havent got much to compare mine with except the 210 RTR speedo but its been perfect so far, been to 2 meetings and not had any issues. Software works well, although not perfectly catered for us English chaps but good enough. Program box does a good job too, plus can test servos/motors/battery voltages etc. Thinking of getting the bluetooth adaptor too, since its only £13 delivered.

I'm very happy, hopefully it stays that way
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelar View Post
I am very happy with mine and have just got the Bluetooth module which works perfectly with my nexux7 for setting the speedo up but will not update the software as the app will shut down
This sounds positive as i have got one arriving soon with a programming card. I think you may be able to update the software/firmware using the program box as well. (instead of using the skylink thing or the bluetooth module)
Old 22-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty View Post
This sounds positive as i have got one arriving soon with a programming card. I think you may be able to update the software/firmware using the program box as well. (instead of using the skylink thing or the bluetooth module)
Yeah you can use the program box to connect the ESC by USB to a PC, but I have found it a little temperamental, sometimes the software doesnt pick it up. Once it does, it works fine but just takes some playing. The Skylink works great so I tend to use that if I'm plugging the ESC into the PC.

Also the Skylink uses a Mini USB and comes with a cable, but the Program Box uses MicroUSB (same cable as most Android/Windows Smart phones) but I dont think you get a cable in the box.

One annoying thing about the Program Box is the battery voltage part, you have the pins on the side for your balance port, I just assumed you could plug the balance plug straight into it but it doesnt fit, so I had to make a cable using a 3 pin Fatuba plug and a female part of a balance port extension cable.
Old 24-11-2013

Default skyrc torro

Is there any reason why the 150a version for 1/8 scale couldnt be used in a 1/10 buggy? Only reason I ask, is ive been looking at these for a while now for my tm2 and the 150a version is slightly cheaper on ebay than the 120a version. It will be for running a lrp x12 oct wind 6.5t motor if that makes any difference.
Thanks Darren
Old 25-11-2013
Mad Member

Has anyone bought the bluetooth module and got the iPhone app so you can use the iPhone as your program card? Would be interested if you can leave the bluetooth module in the car permanently so you can change settings wirelessly on the go!

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 25-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
How does the built in Bluetooth work on these ESC's? Do you have to turn it on or is it always on? Has anyone tried changing all the settings on their ESC wirelessly using the iPhone ap which is availble? No need for a program card then!
Its not got built in bluetooth, you need a bluetooth module that plugs in where the program card will plug in