Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Taplow Model Car Club

Old 22-12-2012

Default Club Closure Instant Effect 22/12/12

Hi Guys

With Deep regret I am announcing the closure of our club as of 22/12/12 there will be no more racing at the venue. This is due to future work commitments that I have to honour.

I have thoroughly enjoyed running the club and enjoyed the sport as the club has gone on, most of all I would like to say a HUGE thanks to all the support I have had from our drivers.

All of the equipment that is used at the club is available for anybody to buy if they wish to continue the running of the club or if they wish to use it for another existing club or even a new club. The venue availability is also not an issue, the Church are willing to transfer any contracts to persons willing to continue the club. For anybody who has not raced with us and would like to see what equipment is up for sale you can see our YouTube videos (please watch several see below) which will give a good idea of track stock.

I would like to say a HUGE HUGE EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS to those who have been the back bone to the club during my time running it, Without these few who have always been there to set up at the beginning of the night and there till the doors were locked after packing up:

Pete Heywood
Barry Symons
Salvatore Barrile
Duncan Nattress
Simon Fearn
Phillip Micheal
James Jordan

An ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE THANKS GOES OUT TO

MATT BRICE!!!
Who has given up huge amounts of is own work holiday time to help me with the club.

YouTube Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxoRgzCDV5Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Vkq3XSLNU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhqYraaMnkA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRxg_BYdV4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58lM7LUk7g8

If anybody wishes to contact me with regards to any of the above I can Be found at:
Sam@gparadise.com
Moblie: 07774 472531

Sam Mughal
Old 22-12-2012

Default thanks

Thank you sam for all your efforts in running the club i have enjoyed racing at taplow very much. I am not surprised that it has come to this, one man cant run a club on his own but it was great fun while it lasted. see you on the track at another place i presume.
Regards Duncan
Old 03-01-2013

Default r.i.p

r.i.p taplow rc
Old 03-01-2013

Only raced there once, had a really great day on a very challenging track layout. Was sad to see a great club close its doors.

jK
Old 03-01-2013

I raced there a few times and Sam was a really great guy. Will be sad to lose another club though.

**Shameless plug** but if anyone has a micro RC car (ala losi mini 8ight, lrp shark, carisma gt14b) and now has no where to race it due to Taplow shutting, our arms are always open at WRCC
Old 03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karting View Post
I raced there a few times and Sam was a really great guy. Will be sad to lose another club though.

**Shameless plug** but if anyone has a micro RC car (ala losi mini 8ight, lrp shark, carisma gt14b) and now has no where to race it due to Taplow shutting, our arms are always open at WRCC
why not start racing proper cars now taplow has shut i am sure plenty will come. speek to sam and nab his track
Old 03-01-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Sam

Sorry to hear this mate, ways heard good things this end. Racers will never know what it takes to run a club solo. SHRCCC wouldn't be where it is today without help from its race directors.

Best of luck with your work, I know how you feel!
Old 03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
why not start racing proper cars now taplow has shut i am sure plenty will come. speek to sam and nab his track
because sadly we have a indoor perm venue with heating, toilets, pit tables and elec and don't need any more stuff

But good luck to Sam and selling the stuff
Old 03-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
why not start racing proper cars now taplow has shut i am sure plenty will come. speak to sam and nab his track
I think you will find Wycombe (another plug here) is not big enough for 10th buggy's, but they are one of the most enduring clubs in our area and seem to have a full timetable of varied racing.

It's always a shame to see a club close, a few good en's in the mid south gone over the years, shops as well, lets hope some good will come of it, there certainly lots of interest in off road around, last years regional's being well subscribed etc. another one to take off the map - shows how hard it is.
Old 04-01-2013

Default 1/10th buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karting View Post
because sadly we have a indoor perm venue with heating, toilets, pit tables and elec and don't need any more stuff

But good luck to Sam and selling the stuff
if you guys did 1/10th im sure it would be busy,!
Old 04-01-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Gutted, its a shame.

Thanks for all what you and everyone else brought to this club, a great and fun atmosphere which will be hard to beat anywhere else. I hope we keep in contact.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 04-01-2013

Default Good Luck Sam

Hey mate,

If only people knew what you did and what hard work it is. People always complain about not having enough tracks to race at and then wonder why organisers lose the love for what they do after constant silly moaning, arguing and negative comments. Oh, and they'll happily spend a thousand pound to kit a car out, but £10 to race in a large heated room is just scandalous! Dont get me started on track building, my fingers will wear out.

Stay strong and see you around,

Matt
Old 08-01-2013

Its a shame to see the club close. Its definately not a one man job and from what I have seen you need to pay some people to build and dismantle the track. The cost of that coming from race fees of course. You also need a club committe of 2-3 people to share the burden like most outdoor clubs.

The venue also needs to be in a central place to most racers to have enough numbers to make it worthwhile. In Slough there use to be a great turn out.