Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 11-12-2013

Default ALIEN Racing Ynot

Hi guys,

I’m new to this forum and my name is Phil. Since 2006, I have create a non-commercial association called ALIEN Racing to help all RC Fans to build their own prototypes by cutting carbon parts.

For a long time now, we (at ALIEN Racing) also draw and build RC cars like our successful 1/12 race car “Legend12” which is actually French Champion and also a completely incredible RC Side Car. You can find below the links to the videos we have done for them and I can give you more information if you want some…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duyN75KWxIM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDOe6wfU3M

But today, I wanted to present you my last RC Car : The Ynot…

The Ynot is the first Racing Front Wheel Drive in France since a lot of time. FWD were killed in early ‘90 in France but today, the Offroad RC rules are open to live this adventure again…

Based on a Durango DEX 210 gearbox, I wanted a very low and smooth design : All weights are centered and low on the main chassis… The car is also very light with a lot of carbon parts.

The first testing we have made were very successful. Please find below the videos we have done…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B4yTvWS5Xs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djqc5s1wXKo

Of course I know Origineelreclamboard has also made an incredible FWD and I want to thank you for your inspiration. I would be very pride to meet you some day and perhaps to take pics of our cars together…

If you have any question on ALIEN Racing or on the Ynot, please feel free to ask…

Thanks for your reading

Phil
Old 11-12-2013
Mad Member

Interesting concept I like the way you kept the car simple with the least amount of custom parts needed. Would you like to share what parts you used for the driveshafts and front suspension arms? And is it under 250mm wide?

So how are you finding your car's performance on carpet? Mine tends to hook mid-corner, on the video your car seems to lean a lot on the front outside wheel, but remains pretty stable. Have you come across handling problems like the hooking? If so, how did you solve it?

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 11-12-2013

Glad your on oople, my dads been following your sidecar for a while and would be very interested if you hit the uk market

Plz stay active and keep us all informed you work looks very good !!

Shelf queens Losi XX4 Worlds, XX-CR

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 12-12-2013

Hi guys,

Thanks for your interrest...

For the Side Car, we have to redesign all the parts to make it easy to built and therefore easy to sell.
--> It will take some time and unfortunatly, I have no time at this moment...

Sure, I will have to find some time in the winter...

About the Ynot, I don't know what you mean by "Hooking" but be sure the only problem I have with the car is front suspension cause it's still too soft and it become very easy to put the car on the roof as soon as you touch the internal side of the track.
--> I have to work again and again on front suspension.

The front suspension comes from a Tamiya Durga (arms and driveshaft). Yes it's under the 250mm wide.
But I am looking to the front suspension of a Durango 410 to try...
Old 12-12-2013

I have send response for your PM but I'm not sure you have receive them...
--> Can you confirm here ?
Old 18-12-2013

After a week to make parts for other guys, here are some news for the next tests on sunday .

First, new electronics more efficient and modern, front wide tyres : With them, we are very near to the rules limits...

After, new front anti roll bar :

At last, thanks to the french Durango shop, I have some home work for halidays...

Old 18-12-2013

About "hooking", I have not the problem for the Ynot cause I believe the weight repartition of the Ynot is less front than your car, Origineelreclamebord.
I think my rear suspension arms are not so long than your's too. It change a lot the weight loads between front and rear when we brake.

If I were you, I would try to change the weight repartition of your car.

I hope it will work for you...
Old 19-12-2013
Mad Member

Thanks for the advice

I've been doing some homework lately with very extreme setup changes on the existing car, as well as reading into some bookwork for the rear suspension... It brought me to similar points you're bringing up now.

So how much droop are you running on the car if I may ask?

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 19-12-2013

You're welcome...

On all cars, I try to have the maximum of droop cause I need a non slipping car to drive. But I'm sorry, I can't measure it cause I don't have tools to do it...
Old 19-12-2013
Gypsy Member

interesting fwd project looks great man
Old 19-05-2016

Hi guys,

After 2 years of healthy problems and stop this project, we are back !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HoKER2mpl0

This Year, I am racing the french Std 13.5 Championship to increase my knowledge of FWD set up.

After 2 races (one on carpet track, the other one on Astro track), the first results are not very good BUT, I never give up and is sure it can work on these tracks...

So, cause I know there is some FWD fans here, I'm back also on this forum and hope you will enjoy talking FWD set ups with me...
Old 29-06-2016

So ! After 6 months of racing the Ynot in the French 13.5 2WD Offroad Championship, I have discovered Carpet track, Astro track and also dirt track...

Every thing is done now to built my point of view about FWD...

So, I have to say, I didn't find, at this time, the good set up for Carpet and Astro. I have to stay in work for these tracks...

It's quite not the same on dirt track... After some new set up for this surface, I have to say, the car is quite good now. I hope to make a video in race for July but here are some pics...

At last, I'm quite happy with this car but I have a lot to do to better understand the car... And I hope that Origineelreclamebord <ill be kind enough to help me..

Old 21-07-2016

Hello guys,

I just finish a new video coming from the last French Championship (13.5 motor).

If you have any comments, feel free to write it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVNhk2Jn7jc