Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 06-08-2015
Mad Member

Default Frankentruck - Centro SC4.2

Finally completed and given its first run last night at Faversham Off Road Car Club.

Had an idea a while ago for an Associated based mid motor short course truck. Plans for this were already underway when Associated released their B5M based version, but I wanted to build one rather than buy one.

My SC10 was used as donor for the front end and transmission. Purchased a CT4.2 conversion kit from End Of Line RC, plus 2 more C4.2 chassis. Front end of the chassis comes from the CT4.2, rear is one C4.2, with the centre section of the other C4.2 to bolt it all together. Surprisingly it's not overly heavy either, plus with the stick pack and ESC all lined up it keeps the weight very central.

Must say that after a few suspension adjustments it goes rather well! Doesn't jump perhaps quite as well as the stock SC10, but that's more to do with the weight being at the rear which means the nose is easier to keep up. Other than that it corners really well and grip roll is dramatically reduced.

Quite pleased for a first effort at a "scratch build"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150801_150522_resized_1.jpg (283.6 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg 20150801_150459_resized_1.jpg (299.7 KB, 179 views)
Old 06-08-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looks great Dave, looks a factory conversion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 28-10-2015

I've been looking at make a chassis too but can't seem to sort the rear bumper , any chance of a few more pictures please
Old 08-12-2015
Mad Member

Hi Mark.

Only just seen your post. I cobbled a rear bumper together from the SC10GT bumper and a few original SC10 version bits, but I'll take some photos to show what I've made and put them up on here. It's changed since the original post as that was a bit flimsy.

Regards,

Dave.
Old 19-07-2016
Mad Member

Wanted to say a huge thanks to Jason and Ken at Cobra Racing Products for making me a new single piece alloy chassis for the truck. Lighter, stiffer, and looks a whole lot more tasty than my original effort!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-07-19 13.05.44.jpg (1.08 MB, 61 views)
Old 19-07-2016

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

[QUOTE=Hog;953023]Wanted to say a huge thanks to Jason and Ken at Cobra Racing Products for making me a new single piece alloy chassis for the truck. Lighter, stiffer, and looks a whole lot more tasty than my original effort!

It was our pleasure mate,we're glad your happy with it and if it goes as good as it looks you're onto a winner