Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > SRCC - Southport

Old 28-11-2016

Default Sunday 27th Thanks

On behalf of SRCC I would like to thank everybody who came and raced with us at yesterday's Turf Wars Rd2.

I'd like to thank everybody who helped put the track out and who stayed to help put everything away again.
Nobody likes doing this, but if everybody helps a little the sooner we can start racing and if we get the help putting things away, the more racing we can get it.

On the negative side today.
I think everybody can appreciate the quality of the facilities at our indoor venue. We are guests, and the school allow us to use their astro (and ours) and the floor to race on as long as we take responsible precautions to protect this.
In order to do this we ask everybody to use protectors on the front shock towers. Seems reasonable you would think!
Today we had one driver, an experienced racer, who was beached on a pipe and to get a marshals attention deliberately kept the throttle on. So much so he created black tyre smoke which several people noticed. When we later checked the track, it's not only marked the floor but burnt away the floor and put 2 grooves in the floor, well done to that person.
The school would be within there rights to suspend or cancel our contract because of this stupidity.
If we want to continue to race here, all we are asking is for peoples cooperation, I don't think that's too much to ask, but maybe it is.

On to the positive, I'd like to thank Eric for running the meeting and Tony for designing the track. Thank You.

Thank You Once Again For Coming & We Look Forward To Seeing You Again next Sunday at Turf Wars Rd3.

Tommy