Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 04-11-2013

Thanks guys

Ross, your info is definitely helpful mate. I know what I'm doing with 1/10 electrics, but I have no idea with 1/8 when it comes to getting the right combo of speed and run times. So any advice is greatly appreciated!

Shortcourse, I've never heard of the eb48 so thanks for pointing it out! If its not available in the UK though then I think I might swerve it as I'd probably struggle without much support trackside.
Old 04-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
Thanks guys

Ross, your info is definitely helpful mate. I know what I'm doing with 1/10 electrics, but I have no idea with 1/8 when it comes to getting the right combo of speed and run times. So any advice is greatly appreciated!

Shortcourse, I've never heard of the eb48 so thanks for pointing it out! If its not available in the UK though then I think I might swerve it as I'd probably struggle without much support trackside.

Tekin is the way forward mate, but its lots of money . The tenshock/hobbywing combo is very good substitute

Ohh 1900 KV is good on run time and power.

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 04-11-2013

Yeah I ran Tekin in the 1/10 and it never missed a beat. It cost mega bucks compared to some others though so this time I will be looking for more economical alternatives. I was a bit of a brand whore before but I've long since realised that there are some good cheaper alternatives available.

The whole motor thing in 1/8 with 1900kv, 2200kv etc is still alien to me. I've just concerned myself with the number of turns in the past so its back to school for me with all the learning required!
Old 04-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Yeah I ran Tekin in the 1/10 and it never missed a beat. It cost mega bucks compared to some others though so this time I will be looking for more economical alternatives. I was a bit of a brand whore before but I've long since realised that there are some good cheaper alternatives available.

The whole motor thing in 1/8 with 1900kv, 2200kv etc is still alien to me. I've just concerned myself with the number of turns in the past so its back to school for me with all the learning required!

Higher the KV the faster the motor. Anything from 1850-2100 on 14.8v will be good. The 6600 nano techs are a good choice of battery as we'll.

TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 04-11-2013

Thanks Ross, top info! What charger do you recommend for charging these batteries?
Old 05-11-2013
Mad Member

If your seriously thinking of getting a 1/8e buggy, then for me there is only 1 choice. All the cars that are currently available are just conversions of the available nitro models, where as this kit is purely for 1/8e racing.

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5002-...etition-buggy/
Old 05-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Thanks Ross, top info! What charger do you recommend for charging these batteries?

I use the Fusion Eclipse LX61B Pro.

TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 21-11-2013

Continuing the where to buy theme.... Tyres? Wheels and tyres premounted ideally.
Old 21-11-2013

Top options in france the best price I've found by a long way premounts £25 a set on betas an aka last time I stocked up
Liars run for cover the truth is taking over!!!
Old 24-11-2013

Just had a read through, I do a lot of racing and mostly 1/8 but do also do 1/10

For 1/8 ebuggy i run a Kyosho mp9e tki, it's the new kit with threaded shocks and a load more aluminium upgrades witch make the car amazing.

I've used the car about 10 times and all I can say it gets better and better. Cars really nice to drive and now I've got it dialed in like my nitro I love it.

I run a Orion r8 esc
Orion 2050kv motor but going to give a 1900kv a go for more run time as I'm getting 15 min with a bit of a push.
Orion 4s 5100 lipos

I find Orion a very good esc, motor and battery set up never let me down works really well and a walk in the park to programme on the box.

I've run the Kyosho tki3 1/8 nitro buggy platform for 2 yrs. This season I've ran the same car from January and ran mostly every weekend and only things that's need replacing are the shock cap inserts, rear Hub inserts, hing pin holders inserts and front bumper.

Everything is nice and cheap in that region 15 pound and you can replace them every couple of months and you'll be nice.

Touch wood only things I've broken on the car is a front arm and front hing pin holder but can stop both of them from breaking with the DE racing front bumper and using a little mod on the front hubs witch stops the front arm from breaking after a lot of running only a few do this as they race their car a lot.

Anodising on the car does rub off but it doesn't make any difference to the performance of the car.

Only upgrades that are needed on the car on are 1.3mm 8 hole pistons and rear orange springs.

The price is a lot but is worth it in the long run as parts don't wear as fast as they do on other cars. Such as the bearings never touched the bearings on my car for almost a yr now and they are still perfectly smooth.

Any questions please ask, I have a mp9e tki kit witch is new for sale pm me for more details.

As for tyres and parts good stockiest for tyres online are Jemodels and insideline racing. Also je and insideline are good for spares.
A new shop is opening up called PWR (pure whip racing) and they will be stocking Kyosho Orion novarossi aka and more, they will always have all parts in stock if not in stock can be ordered very quickly as Kyosho uk are extremely good with getting parts out to shops.

Set up wise at most meets there will be a load of guys using Kyosho cars I'm sure, the nitro and Ebuggy set ups are very similar. I can also send you any set up sheets or info for tracks you wish to go to as I've been to a fair amount of tracks.