Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 22-01-2013

Default Race Report

Well here goes for the first race report on or new club page…
Well a rather disappointing turn out last night for the new chairman’s first night tho I’m sure it was more down to the weather than to Nev being in charge!
Maybe it was down to subs being due tho those that came prepared to pay, me included were out of luck with no treasurer in attendance.
Only 12 racing, 7 TC & 5 Buggies, the low numbers resulting in a simple fast track setup with a single jump for the buggies (sorry Gary - more next week when you and Jim are back building)
Only 2 heats meaning 4 rounds and a 2 leg final at a fairly relaxed pace with even a dummy heat in to space out the first 3 rounds.
Richie ZXR put in his promised appearance with his son, hopefully to be on track in a week or so and even an appearance from Kevin Jones promising he is about to make a comeback - again - go on Kev, do it this time!

Hope to see more back on the track next week and hopefully I’ll have some new tyres, and a new servo saver which will make putting in a new servo worth doing.
Old 22-01-2013

Yes... Thanks to those who came and said hello to us....it Was like stepping back in time for me ! Ray does not look a day older ! I never got a chance to talk to Buckle, but he has not changed either.... Probably wont remember me either... Nobby's comment "I Dont know you?" Made me chuckle i keep forgetting i was twelve back then....mind he was barely recognisable too... All them steak dinners I reckon Nathan's replacement bits and tyres arrived today so we are going to have a wonder down to Seaham on Sunday to have a try. Gives him a lead in for Monday I guess.
Old 22-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysurfer View Post
Well here goes for the first race report on or new club page…
Well a rather disappointing turn out last night for the new chairman’s first night tho I’m sure it was more down to the weather than to Nev being in charge!
Maybe it was down to subs being due tho those that came prepared to pay, me included were out of luck with no treasurer in attendance.
Only 12 racing, 7 TC & 5 Buggies, the low numbers resulting in a simple fast track setup with a single jump for the buggies (sorry Gary - more next week when you and Jim are back building)
Only 2 heats meaning 4 rounds and a 2 leg final at a fairly relaxed pace with even a dummy heat in to space out the first 3 rounds.
Richie ZXR put in his promised appearance with his son, hopefully to be on track in a week or so and even an appearance from Kevin Jones promising he is about to make a comeback - again - go on Kev, do it this time!

Hope to see more back on the track next week and hopefully I’ll have some new tyres, and a new servo saver which will make putting in a new servo worth doing.

Hi Mark

Had to much to do at work but will be back next week and get that track sorted out one jump one jump
lol

Not a good turn out though where is everyone

See you all next week

Gary
Old 22-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gar View Post
Hi Mark

Had to much to do at work but will be back next week and get that track sorted out one jump one jump
lol

Not a good turn out though where is everyone

See you all next week

Gary
Weather put some off I reckon. Zumba girls cancelled all-together. Guess there was lots of snow in some places :-(
Old 22-01-2013

I would have been there if not for an anniversary, did wonder if it would be low turn out with the snow though......
Old 29-01-2013

Default 28/01/13

Well a good turn out last night with 19 cars on track, 10 buggies and 10 TC’s split into 3 heats, all getting 4 rounds of quali and a final.
Good to see Richard and Richie back racing, and Richie and Nathan with Nathan racing this week, and Richard Ingram still running buggy.
So anyone out there called Richard or Richie, we’d love to have you along racing so we can start a new class, we only need 1 more!!
Gary and Jim shears returned to build the jumps so 3 jumps/rumbles for the buggies again last night with a rather unusual “crossing” between the buggy & TC circuits J

And thanks to Chris Heptonstall, an old racer from Longbenton for donating all his old gear to the club including 2 cars!!
With a little time and input we’ll get a car up and running fairly easy so people interested in the sport will have a car they can try for a few laps courtesy of the club J

Hopefully see good numbers again next week at “THE BEST TC & BUGGY CLUB IN THE NORTH”
Old 29-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysurfer View Post
Well a good turn out last night with 19 cars on track, 10 buggies and 10 TC’s split into 3 heats, all getting 4 rounds of quali and a final.
Good to see Richard and Richie back racing, and Richie and Nathan with Nathan racing this week, and Richard Ingram still running buggy.
So anyone out there called Richard or Richie, we’d love to have you along racing so we can start a new class, we only need 1 more!!
Gary and Jim shears returned to build the jumps so 3 jumps/rumbles for the buggies again last night with a rather unusual “crossing” between the buggy & TC circuits J

And thanks to Chris Heptonstall, an old racer from Longbenton for donating all his old gear to the club including 2 cars!!

With a little time and input we’ll get a car up and running fairly easy so people interested in the sport will have a car they can try for a few laps courtesy of the club J

Hopefully see good numbers again next week at “THE BEST TC & BUGGY CLUB IN THE NORTH”

Yes had a great night. Glad you liked the cross over section in the track thought we would try it and seemed to work fine.

I hope the numbers keep high like last night makes the club feel better.
And I made a full night without something braking on the car

See you all next week

Gary
Old 29-01-2013

“THE BEST TC & BUGGY CLUB IN THE NORTH”

I'll second that !