Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 13-03-2010

Default FTX Blaze for sale.

I have decided to sell the FTX Blaze now this championship is nearly over as i have plans for something else. If anyone is interested im looking for around £80 rtr, as it was last night at Bromham . Will come with rally block tyres and not the pins that were on it last night. Comes completely standard but with a 1800mah lipo battery. Grab a race winning car. You can contact me through the forum or on 01933 430143 or 07970593218. Cheers Andy
Old 13-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by associatedtc3 View Post
I have decided to sell the FTX Blaze now this championship is nearly over as i have plans for something else. If anyone is interested im looking for around £80 rtr, as it was last night at Bromham . Will come with rally block tyres and not the pins that were on it last night. Comes completely standard but with a 1800mah lipo battery. Grab a race winning car. You can contact me through the forum or on 01933 430143 or 07970593218. Cheers Andy
So whats the something else then Andy?
Old 13-03-2010

Cant say at the mo but it will still be used at Bromham
Old 13-03-2010
Mad Member

I know i know . Well i think i know .

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 13-03-2010

Quote:
Cant say at the mo but it will still be used at Bromham
It is being used at bromham,
Old 13-03-2010
oOple Advertiser

I know too
Old 13-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
I know too
I Know because i saw him speaking to you

TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 13-03-2010
oOple Advertiser

Tony T really loved your bodyshells Ross
Old 13-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I Know because i saw him speaking to you
SO your going for a shark then Andy?

Will be interesting to see what falls out from the BRCA meeting in early April re micro classes You might want to hold out to see if that has any bearing on how the club runs future classes for mircos...

Or are you looking at the 1:10 again as the F1 group is starting to look quite competitive again...
Old 13-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Tony T really loved your bodyshells Ross

Oi you

TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 14-03-2010

Scott you may have a point there with the Shark, but surely if the club changes the rules whick outlaws the sharks we have running at the mo then surely the Xray would also be outlawed.
I think that now we have quite a lot of 18th drivers and a few of the top drivers looking to go brushless that 2 classes should be run in the next championships.
Class 1- Pro class. All cars that run brushless motors. Also includes any mods that is approved by the BRCA at national level.
Class 2- Standard ready to run cars with no mods other than tyres [for the slippery conditions at Bromham]. No lipo batteries allowed only NICD or NIMH batteries that come with rtr cars.
The standard class may have a lot of drivers which may then need to be graded into groups depending on ability.
I dont think the Pro class would have this problem as i think most of the drivers would be F1 drivers any way.
Cheers Andy
Old 15-03-2010

Quote:
Scott you may have a point there with the Shark, but surely if the club changes the rules whick outlaws the sharks we have running at the mo then surely the Xray would also be outlawed.
I think that now we have quite a lot of 18th drivers and a few of the top drivers looking to go brushless that 2 classes should be run in the next championships.
Class 1- Pro class. All cars that run brushless motors. Also includes any mods that is approved by the BRCA at national level.
Class 2- Standard ready to run cars with no mods other than tyres [for the slippery conditions at Bromham]. No lipo batteries allowed only NICD or NIMH batteries that come with rtr cars.
The standard class may have a lot of drivers which may then need to be graded into groups depending on ability.
I dont think the Pro class would have this problem as i think most of the drivers would be F1 drivers any way.
Cheers Andy
I'm not saying that we are going to outlaw anything, but I think it is important that we listen to what the BRCA have to say on the matter first. Then as a club we can decide to either follow or just use them as a guidance to help formulate our own rules. I'm open to all suggestions...
Old 15-03-2010
oOple Advertiser

The Shark will always be the chosen car at National and Club level unless something else comes along that's better. The only BRCA rule change that might happen (that would effect anything) would be allowing the longer shark (like Chris Hampson's) to compete in it's normal length so you don't have to modify it. It's taken 5 years to get the national micro scene to this stage, they are not going to take a backward step and ban the best car or bring in some rule that outlaws modified or brushless motors. The Shark is basically a wider Blaze, anyone can buy the parts to widen their stock Blaze but it works out far more expensive than buying a standard Shark.

Banning things or making complicated rules in a new class is never a good thing to do. Clubs should get the numbers interested and competing first and then merely tweak the rules a bit to suit everyone at the club.

Imagine someone coming down to Bedford on a Friday with their son/daughter and thinking this would be fun. They buy a couple of cars and on the first night they are told their wings are too big or their ride height is too low !!!!!!

Ride height on a track with no carpet is a benefit (higher car = more role/grip) so nobody would run it too low and if they did, it doesn't matter anyhow as there's no carpet to ruin !!!!!

Keep the rules to a minimum and you'll keep the interest at the club or the numbers will dwindle as people get bored trying to keep up with the rules.

Trust me, the BRCA rules for the micro scene will not change much and the winning car next season will still be the Shark, i'll bet my TRF511 that it won't be a Maverick Atom with a brushed motor in it.
Old 15-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
The Shark will always be the chosen car at National and Club level unless something else comes along that's better. The only BRCA rule change that might happen (that would effect anything) would be allowing the longer shark (like Chris Hampson's) to compete in it's normal length so you don't have to modify it. It's taken 5 years to get the national micro scene to this stage, they are not going to take a backward step and ban the best car or bring in some rule that outlaws modified or brushless motors. The Shark is basically a wider Blaze, anyone can buy the parts to widen their stock Blaze but it works out far more expensive than buying a standard Shark.

Banning things or making complicated rules in a new class is never a good thing to do. Clubs should get the numbers interested and competing first and then merely tweak the rules a bit to suit everyone at the club.

Imagine someone coming down to Bedford on a Friday with their son/daughter and thinking this would be fun. They buy a couple of cars and on the first night they are told their wings are too big or their ride height is too low !!!!!!

Ride height on a track with no carpet is a benefit (higher car = more role/grip) so nobody would run it too low and if they did, it doesn't matter anyhow as there's no carpet to ruin !!!!!

Keep the rules to a minimum and you'll keep the interest at the club or the numbers will dwindle as people get bored trying to keep up with the rules.

Trust me, the BRCA rules for the micro scene will not change much and the winning car next season will still be the Shark, i'll bet my TRF511 that it won't be a Maverick Atom with a brushed motor in it.
I can assure you that the BRCA Micro Section will not be banning the Shark. I dont know where that silly idea came from, but rest assured it is not going to happen.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 15-03-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
I can assure you that the BRCA Micro Section will not be banning the Shark. I dont know where that silly idea came from, but rest assured it is not going to happen.
There you go, that's from the Chairman himself
Old 15-03-2010

Andy,

I never said anything about banning the Shark. I was informed via a PM that their is a potential proposal to be put to the BRCA about splitting micros into 1:18 and 1:16 with the larger cars (namely the Shark) potentially being put into the 1:16 class.

All I was trying to say to you is maybe you should wait to see what happens before making a purchase as you might want to go head to head with Alec at the club on a level playing field.

I'd love to see you go up against Alec with the same kit so trust me there is no interest from me or the club in banning anything.

It could well be that the 1:16th class if it goes through could become the Pro class for the club, while all the other 1:18 cars run in two classes - F1 and F2. Either way, who ever is running now at the club will still be running in the club this year
Old 15-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Scott,

Can you drop me a PM and let me know who sent you that PM please fella?

Thanks

Cris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsrcmcc View Post
Andy,

I never said anything about banning the Shark. I was informed via a PM that their is a potential proposal to be put to the BRCA about splitting micros into 1:18 and 1:16 with the larger cars (namely the Shark) potentially being put into the 1:16 class.

All I was trying to say to you is maybe you should wait to see what happens before making a purchase as you might want to go head to head with Alec at the club on a level playing field.

I'd love to see you go up against Alec with the same kit so trust me there is no interest from me or the club in banning anything.

It could well be that the 1:16th class if it goes through could become the Pro class for the club, while all the other 1:18 cars run in two classes - F1 and F2. Either way, who ever is running now at the club will still be running in the club this year

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups