Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

oh oh, pick me
Old 24-12-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

where did you get the screw kit (titanium?) from Jimbo
Old 24-12-2007
Administrator

its the alloy/ti one from Champ. It's 80% alloy from what I can see - not had a proper look at it tho. I'd get a set from Tonys if he does one - that would be a million times better than using the kit screws.
Old 25-12-2007

I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best place for me to pick up a slipper clutch? Preferably a site which offers the best price and shipping service? (to the U.S.) Thanks guys.
Old 25-12-2007

I was hoping to read the review first, But my will wasn't strong enough, Just ordered and paid for a Durga.

Hopefully its not as ugly in the flesh as it looks in the pics, Also my paint "skills" won't do it any favours.

And, Hopefully my 8.5 Brushless won't be too much for her seeing as no slipper is yet available, at least here in NZ.
Old 25-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Slave View Post
I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best place for me to pick up a slipper clutch? Preferably a site which offers the best price and shipping service? (to the U.S.) Thanks guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metla View Post
seeing as no slipper is yet available, at least here in NZ.
I ordered my Durga slipper clutch from RC Champ, but Stella have them (last I heard just a few days ago)
Old 25-12-2007

Here's mine... so far it's lived up to expectations far more than the DF-03 did. Runs great... now waiting on shocks, slipper, cvds and a front one way...

Old 25-12-2007

i dont know if anyone know's but 3 racing are doing a load of bits for the durga!!,just ordererd my slipper and one way for mine and a spare car as i broke the arm mount the other day at wrexham mcc.
Old 25-12-2007

be weary of some of the 3Racing stuff, some is tat, some is good.
Old 25-12-2007
Mad Member

I have my Durga now, its a great looking kit. I have the one way and slipper so they will go right in, but i have to put the build off as im waiting on a Tamiya TI screw kit, should be here in a few days!

lee
Old 25-12-2007

If anyone is interested a store in the U.S. called radioshack is having a sale on 7.2V GP 3300 nimh batteries for $19.95 This is a deal of a lifetime. I have honestly seen the batteries sell for as high as $60.00 I noticed that a lot of RC companies (reedy) will slap their labels on these packs and sell them very high. The sale on these packs are good until 1|05|08. They regularly sell for $25.00 which is a very good price for quality cells. If you are smart you will not let this offer pass you up.

A.J.
Old 25-12-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

Quote:
Don't know if its any use but got mine ordered yesterday from rcmodel.hk

They seem to have most bits in apart from damper mounts which are "out of stock", and they don't list the CVDs yet - RC Champ emailed me that they were delayed from Tamiya but are now in stock, but haven't quoted a price.
Old 25-12-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
its the alloy/ti one from Champ. It's 80% alloy from what I can see - not had a proper look at it tho. I'd get a set from Tonys if he does one - that would be a million times better than using the kit screws.
Tonys? Tell me more. Even though I've bought myself a new shiny new No.2 screwdriver, crossheads just don't look kosher on a racer and we all know 'proper' bits are worth at least half a lap (in my dreams at least).

On another note, has anyone tried a Trakpower lipo in the chassis? I dropped mine in loosely and it looks OK but I haven't built it up yet. Can't wait to get started but other things keep getting in the way like the Hotshot that Santa has left for me.
Old 26-12-2007

Quote:
If anyone is interested a store in the U.S. called radioshack is having a sale on 7.2V GP 3300 nimh batteries for $19.95 This is a deal of a lifetime. I have honestly seen the batteries sell for as high as $60.00 I noticed that a lot of RC companies (reedy) will slap their labels on these packs and sell them very high. The sale on these packs are good until 1|05|08. They regularly sell for $25.00 which is a very good price for quality cells. If you are smart you will not let this offer pass you up.

A.J.

Not one single Radio Shack on the west cost still carries the GP brand batteries any more for the last year. Now it's all generic versions with green cells inside. Don't be fooled!
Old 26-12-2007

Send a message via MSN to craigosh

if anyone is after hex screws I've used these guys to get spare ones for the BJ4 and B4 -
www.modelfixings.co.uk Always quick delivery and when they didnt have 2 screws in to finish an order they sent me 5 to say sorry a few days later!! Just no Ti ones for the weight weenies

Anyone know if i'd get the mtroniks brushless in this? quite fancy getting one to add to my tamiya collection and i have a spare mtroniks system in me dead xxt!!
Old 26-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
Not one single Radio Shack on the west cost still carries the GP brand batteries any more for the last year. Now it's all generic versions with green cells inside. Don't be fooled!
Dont worry brother, i will not be fooled. The package clearly says right on the package GP. I have been buying these batteries for about a year now. They are extremely good cells. I run them in all of my vehicles. Great punch to them and long run times. Thats weird that your radio shacks on the west coast dont carry them. Why dont you try going on to their website and buying them there?
Old 27-12-2007

Got mine today !...been tapping all the holes...got a right arm like schwartzenegger now !
Old 27-12-2007

This is probably the wrong place to be asking this but what do you guys use as a Dremel. I mean do you use the proper "Dremel" named rotary tool or has anybody tried the ones they sell in Maplin. I am just about to get one and would appreciate advice.
Old 27-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargadud View Post
I don't know.

Here is the mail of the shop owner named Andi

info@tamiyashop.ch

He hes been very helpful so far.
Can anyone give me feedback on this guy, I ordered the 501X shock parts from him and the tracking number wont track and all gone quiet.....
Old 27-12-2007
Mad Member

hmm thats who i ordered my slipper from