Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Telford Hot Trax

Old 15-07-2013

Default New car at the ready!

After a car-less visit for the past couple of weeks, I now have a shiny new Losi Mini 8ight sat in front of me!

Lipos and charger are on their way, so I just need a tool case to put it all in and lots of spares for the bits I will break... lots of spares...

Watch out, I'll be taking to the track soon!

Cheers,

Bob
Old 15-07-2013

Default new car

Bob,

great. I was planning to race my B44 on Wednesday - so if you want to I am happy to charge up some lipo's for you (you need to solder a male deans connector onto the esc for them - or you can use my spare esc, which will just fit straight on) & I will throw in my mini8ight spares.

pm me if you fancy it.

So, no excuses - time to race.........

Old 16-07-2013

Great! Thanks very much for the offer :-)

My lipos / charger should hopefully arrive today (if 24hr delivery from Giantshark doesn't let me down) so all being well, I should be good to go, but I'll post tomorrow AM if I've not got them and need to borrow a couple.

I think I've still got a couple of spare Deans (and more on the way) so I will be swapping the ESC connector ASAP, as the Gens Ace packs I've bought are already fitted with Deans.

BTW I bought an RC4 Hybrid transponder cheap on a whim - will it work at Telford?

All the best,

Bob
Old 16-07-2013

Hi Bob, welcome on board!

I see Wyn has kindly offered to help, leaving you with no excuses not to race.. Good job Wyn!

Ref your transponder, we currently run our decoder on RC3 firmware, this detects the RC4 Harry type transponders, but not the Purcy type. Do you know which type yours is? I believe a Purcy type will have some additional numbers on the case along with the 7 digit unique ID. The most obvious identifying feature though is the wiring. If it has 3 wires it's a Purcy, 2 wires a Harry.

Bring it wednesday anyway, either way we may have options ;-)

Daz.
Old 16-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
...Do you know which type yours is? I believe a Purcy type will have some additional numbers on the case along with the 7 digit unique ID. The most obvious identifying feature though is the wiring. If it has 3 wires it's a Purcy, 2 wires a Harry...
It hasn't actually arrived yet, so I can't check numbers, but its a Mylaps hybrid, which should hopefully be backwards compatible. It's red and has two wires.

All the best,

Bob
Old 16-07-2013

I'm back too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Micro "should" be finished and ready to go - spares already here as it could be interesting..
Old 16-07-2013

it will be good to see both you new racers down at the club!!

Let the games commence!