Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Old 19-06-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I think I prefer it. it's not so obvious I'm on oople in work if someone glances at my screen
Old 20-06-2012
Administrator

Sorry everyone

1and1 are crap! I emailed them right away to see what was going on - it's nearly 48 hours now and I've still not received a reply to 3 emails. I finally found the problem, one of there many spam emails wasn't spam and was in fact telling me the server was going to be upgraded with new versions of apache and some other stuff.
I have spent hours tonight trying to work around it but have to admit I've no idea what I'm doing

I've tried to get my ancient php includes working but failed - and have had to change to a more 'correct' way of doing the includes:

<?php include $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/rc/includes/header.php'; ?>

Instead of:

<?php include("http://www.oople.com/rc/includes/header.php"); ?>

It works now - but the hard coded pages on the rest of the site won't show certain things like the header or some buttons on big reports, until I've downloaded everything, replaced all the code and uploaded the files again.

I'll try again tomorrow to figure out how to get the old style includes working - as a quick fix.
Old 20-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Sorry everyone

I've tried to get my ancient php includes working but failed - and have had to change to a more 'correct' way of doing the includes:

<?php include $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/rc/includes/header.php'; ?>

Instead of:

<?php include("http://www.oople.com/rc/includes/header.php"); ?>

Oh yea, of course........ means nothing to me, but nice to see the page back as it was, don't envy you the extra work jim, should be out in the sunshine, not much about at 4am when you posted this tho.
Old 20-06-2012

Jimmy, I'm not sure you can, depending on the version of Apache they have upgraded you too.

You could try setting an 'ABSPATH' but you will still have to remove the hardcoded url's to replace with 'ABSPATH'

If you use notepad ++ you should be able to do a find/replace to speed things up a little, you will have to set the search more to; Search Mode: Extended (\n, \t, etc)