Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 22-07-2014

Default Rc10 4wd

This is very interresting i am not into rc10 but a 4wd for vintageracing-yes please! I am up for one if there is plans for conversionkits! Awesome build sir!
Old 22-07-2014

What 27 turn motor is in there btw? It seems pretty fast on that vid, especially considering it's running on 6 cell only, not even LiPo.

Nice work on the conversion, looks clean and nicely crafted.
Old 22-07-2014

Was the test-run thàt bad?
Old 22-07-2014

Mr Ed, I was very happy with the test run, however I was unhappy with my ability to drive AND film at the same time! Lol

Optima4Ever, that is on a plain cardboard wrapped Duratrax 3000 nimh pack and a Trinity Midnight 27t stock motor. I'm not a fan of the new stuff, I tried to keep it all old school. I wanted to see what it could have been back in the day, putting a lipo and brushless in just about anything is going to be fast these days! Haha

Twister (loved your motors back in the day LOL), I was planning to make a few available but have decided against it. MiniMini is doing a similar one using my noseplates and I think he plans to sell a few. The difference between mine and his mainly is in the suspension (he uses late model parts) and transmissions (he is driving off the idler like a MIP). Both have their advantages, depends on your likings. No reason you couldn't mix and match either!
Old 22-07-2014

Yes them Twisters were my favorites too hence the name
I am a vintageracing nut and a mip 4wd would be a dreammachine really.
I saw Eastuce Moore driving it in Detroit? And it looked great. But they are
Hard to come by and your construction looks like an evolution from that car
even if you are using time-typical items. So hats of to great job
Old 22-07-2014

Minimini's is even closer in the drivetrain, as he is using the idler for the drive. Mine is closer in era correctness of the suspension
Old 23-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomachv View Post
Minimini's is even closer in the drivetrain, as he is using the idler for the drive. Mine is closer in era correctness of the suspension
Well sir, you are correct and as you mention a little bit of both version to keep it similar would be desirable when you want to come close to the original experience
Would it be possible to purchase the parts or get in contact with Minimini?
Old 23-07-2014

I sold him all the black and purple anodized plates but have a couple in raw aluminum (would polish up well). I have sold a couple "packages" with the nose, a basic bumper, and a custom front tower for $30 plus shipping- if you want the rear tower it would be another $10. It's not necessary but you do lose a mounting hole if you use the stock one. I don't know that you would gain anything with the custom one though. I can do custom anno but there is a minimum shop charge where I go and it's $45/batch. If you want a color done I may be able to find others to go in on the batch.

-Use stock brace tubes cut down to length
-use worlds steering for better clearance, I use low profile dubro rod ends for the center link to give better clearance under the trans. You could also use a setup like A&L with a tie bar. They are still in business btw
-I would not recommend using the new "worlds" stealth trans cases. Instead, use old cases or cases from the stealth trans kit they sell now. Those are the "USA style" cases and are far better
-the kyosho stuff bolts right up, I haven't measured turnbuckles yet tho, may need custom lengths. I was working from the parts bin
Old 23-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomachv View Post
I sold him all the black and purple anodized plates but have a couple in raw aluminum (would polish up well). I have sold a couple "packages" with the nose, a basic bumper, and a custom front tower for $30 plus shipping- if you want the rear tower it would be another $10. It's not necessary but you do lose a mounting hole if you use the stock one. I don't know that you would gain anything with the custom one though. I can do custom anno but there is a minimum shop charge where I go and it's $45/batch. If you want a color done I may be able to find others to go in on the batch.

-Use stock brace tubes cut down to length
-use worlds steering for better clearance, I use low profile dubro rod ends for the center link to give better clearance under the trans. You could also use a setup like A&L with a tie bar. They are still in business btw
-I would not recommend using the new "worlds" stealth trans cases. Instead, use old cases or cases from the stealth trans kit they sell now. Those are the "USA style" cases and are far better
-the kyosho stuff bolts right up, I haven't measured turnbuckles yet tho, may need custom lengths. I was working from the parts bin
Sounds great to me buying a mip 4-10 legend is out of the question and my second choice was a super shot but this i find irresitable and the next best thing to the original. With respect for your R&D price is no concern.
May we continue this over Pm or email? This is my mail Tjohansson312@gmail.com
Old 23-07-2014

Hahaha yeah I hear ya. Just figured I'd answer you in public for the future questions, that way they are already answered haha