Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Old 17-10-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefke View Post
Hey Jimmy,

I know It's not easy, but wouldn't a long term test of some cars be VERY interesting ? That way, a lot of problems/strong points of cars show themselves. Kind off like a "car diary"
I could help there.. i know mr price did a long term test on his x5 for jimmy. I'd be up for doing somthing similar this winter if yah want jimmeh.
Old 17-10-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

I will long term test the TRF501X... for a small fee in your direction of course Jim :P
Old 19-10-2006

Default Driver Review

Hi JIMMY, Would it be possible to get some driver feed back on different set ups for both differant tracks driving style and cars.This would also be great if you had both A final and clubmans input. Good Racing MARTIN
Old 21-10-2006

Default reviews

not so much reviews but what about some"how to's" for meatheads like myself....i was thinking on the lines of simple stuff like soldering cells and onwards...one i would be interested in would be the best way to make changes to a car in order to tune it in to a track and what changes make what difference.

just a suggestion
Old 22-10-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Quote:
Originally Posted by losidan View Post
one i would be interested in would be the best way to make changes to a car in order to tune it in to a track and what changes make what difference.

just a suggestion
I was going to do somthing similar to this on my own website. Might even pop my link up one day for others to see :eek:
Old 26-10-2006
Stu-Perstar

Why dont you do a drivers review/interview? It would be interesting to find out a bit about others.
Old 26-10-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by losidan View Post
not so much reviews but what about some"how to's" for meatheads like myself....i was thinking on the lines of simple stuff like soldering cells and onwards...one i would be interested in would be the best way to make changes to a car in order to tune it in to a track and what changes make what difference.

just a suggestion
http://users.pandora.be/elvo

Been up for ages.
Click setup tips at the bottom for a section you could print and take with you racing.
Old 26-10-2006
Administrator

Elvo mentioned he would be revamping his excellent guide, so it might soon be featuring some nice oOple photos in there to illustrate things.
Old 26-10-2006
Administrator

Interviews / bios type of thing - definately. Just need to find the time!!!!
Old 26-10-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

that would be cool Jimmy!

its an excellent referance article.

it would get a lot of exposuse with some nice photos and diagrams
Old 26-10-2006
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

yeah, the oOple wiki, like wikipedia, but for RC only.

Also, why not have a virtual tour of cars, basically, I lovely flash .swf file, where you can click around the newst cars e.t.c

And blogs, make some blogs for us, I like to blog
Old 06-03-2007
Administrator

I'm currently thinking about getting some regular contributors onboard here at oOple - currently things are pretty much a one-man band, though I do get valuable input from various friends and oOple team members etc.. I'll also be doing a long term review or two this year with other drivers racing review cars during the year. Some of that is yet to be confirmed.

Anyway, to expand the sites appeal and get a wider audience I was thinking of people who could write semi-coherently and maybe take the odd photo at races and do reports. Not really yer mid-week club race as such, unless masami hirosaka turns up - no, more regional sized, bigger races which might interest people from abroad even.

I don't really consider this site 100% UK and never did - there are a great number of visitors from the USA, Japan and Europe especially. So even reports from those countries, if they are to a reasonable quality and interest level, could be really good on oOple.

As oOple 'Editor' I'd be up for editing and cleaning things up - sticking photos in where needed and doing a bit of artwork here and there.

Really this site is about quality - and I go out of my way to ensure quality content - so don't be offended if you want to help but your stuff isn't 'there' yet, maybe we can work together to get it right. So if you think you can add to oOple in any way, especially race reports- let me know via PM.

You can even get an @oople.com email address if you are cool enough - how cool would that be!
Old 06-03-2007

Jimmy,

How about a report from the Belgian GP in July ? There are always a bunch of Brits there every year. I could do a review of the track changes of 2007 so you guys can be better prepared if you come over.
Old 06-03-2007
Administrator

Sounds good! I will see who is going over - I think there are a few going this year (mr.long?)
Old 06-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Really this site is about quality - and I go out of my way to ensure quality content - so don't be offended if you want to help but your stuff isn't 'there' yet, maybe we can work together to get it right.
Absolutely!!! That´s why I keep checking and checking the site. Quality is everything. No crappy pix n reports from kiddies or sth.
Also keep finishing poor in racing! Makes reports funny and keeps you taking photos ^^
Old 06-03-2007
Administrator

Haha, yeah me and my "did crap today, was in the bottom final - but I got some good photos" eh!

Yeah, Quality is what it's about - and maybe by working with some dedicated contributors the quality can remain high and entertaining. I really wish I could go visit all the races around the world and make interesting reading/viewing, but it's not possible.
Old 06-03-2007

Arghs shoot, time for me to get rich and sponsor you :-P

When´s the next review coming?
Old 06-03-2007
Administrator

Finishing up a couple at the moment, been a bit snowed under with various stuff and had a couple days in bed from a bit of the ole illness so taken me a while to get back into the swing..
Old 09-03-2007

I would like to see a review of the new SB V2 Pro buggy from Academy. There are alot of improvements over the standard SB V2 Sport, fixing the issues (for the diffs, use the AE diff grease) and making one heck of a buggy.

I value the reviews I see here, even though I am in the USA, very well written and would like to see one of the SB V2 Pro.
Old 09-03-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

any help you need with nitro's you know where i am..im here for you bro'

nice to see oople has reached far and wide..even vadars heard of it.

dave