Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 30-05-2011
Mad Member

Default DDP023 X6 Chassis brace - when used?

As per title, when (if ever) would we use this in the UK? And what effect on handling does this have?
Old 30-05-2011
Mad Member

As you no doubt imagine, Brian's brace stiffens the rear end of the car. Brian wants his cars as stiff as possible so they always repeat the same thing at the same place; in other words, so the car is predictable. This is a great help when you have much practice time and can repeat things precisely lap after lap.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 30-05-2011

Chazz,i should be getting my first X Factory X6 sqd this week (cant wait!!),would you recommend the brace for racing on grass?I have seen one of your replies to another thread about the graphite chassis and adding weight,saying that in the UK most tracks are actually quite bumpy so it would be better to use the plastic chassis and some weight-1750g ish-the reason for the plastic chassis was to achieve some flex and help absorb the bumps,if fitting the brace,this would stiffen it all up again wouldnt it?cheers PC.

Last edited by Chippy96; 30-05-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 30-05-2011

i run a plastic chassied squared with this brace and i personally didnt notice a huge difference with or without it. I am sure it makes a difference but i just couldnt feel it
Old 31-05-2011
Mad Member

Most of the time Team drivers will run the brace with the graphite chassis and plastic chassis by itself. Some do run plastic & brace. U.K. racing is a mystery to me -- you've got to have dirt to have grass, right? -- because we only run on dirt. Check the set-ups posted here and on our site and go from there. We have a suggested U.K. set-up included with the instructions.

Ellis or Dan or Matt or Ashley are the guys who know U.K. for sure.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 31-05-2011

With the brace you will get a little more steering from the car but at the expense of a little traction and a little worse on the bumps.

The brace obviously stiffens the car up but only at the back so you will still get a slightly different effect with it on a graphite or plastic chassis.

E.
Old 31-05-2011

It can be difficult as you get bauld patches where the grass wears away so you end up with a mixture of grass/dirt,because the brace is a simple affair its easy to fit it and then simply remove one screw to try it "without"-one thing is for sure the simple ideas are the best!Thanks for the replies PC.

Last edited by Chippy96; 31-05-2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: wording