Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 12-06-2014

Default Racing Sunday 15th June

Is racing still on with the clash with the re-arranged regional?
Old 12-06-2014
Mad Member

Yes it's still on for those who don't do regionals. I however will be on a bike somewhere up rivington by then :-)
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 12-06-2014

Racing Sunday 15th June:

Please note the agreement between all NWR clubs is they will not compete with each other on the day of a Regional; therefore ostensibly Bury should be closed.

However, this rearranged date for S/P Regional was not on the official calendar, and Bury fixed that date as a planned Meeting. So my view is that Bury are entitled to run if they wish. I don't think it presents a problem for S/P. They will have anyway a large turnout (I'm going with the lads!). Bury will only attract a small number who anyway would not go to S/P.

In future the NWR is strongly advised to (like other regions) fix two official reserve dates in the calendar. Then if 1 or 2 dates are cancelled the series can run as planned. It will then be up to the club reps to decide if those extra official dates can be adopted in home club calendars.
Old 12-06-2014

Send a message via MSN to birdy

As above racing is on

Eddie, we have not been officially advised that the Southport regional was re-scheduled for this Sunday otherwise we may have been able to change, I only found out last night!!

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 12-06-2014

Your club rep was officially advised of the change of the regional date on the Sunday it was cancelled and was happy for it to be re-run on the 15th. I did ask at the club rep meeting for clubs to close on dates of regional's now I no this date was moved and was my school boy error for not adding in a spare date or 2, but I would like to think that this would still happen out of good faith towards the other clubs in the North west series. Now I cannot stop you opening your club on a regional date, but I will not be able to stop other clubs opening on your regional date as this will then set the standard that you will set.
Old 12-06-2014
Mad Member

Sounds like poor comunication all round then.... No booking in needed just turn up. Like ed says those who aren't going will be mostly people who don't do regionals anyway,
And Chris no I'm watching England on Saturday so will be having a drink :-)
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 13-06-2014
Mad Member

This is NOT A booking in thread. Just turn up on the day
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 14-06-2014

What time does booking in open at BMRCC tomoz guy's
Old 14-06-2014

Default Poor form

Defo poor form by bury this u have set a standard now and cannot whinge if other clubs open on your regional .
Old 14-06-2014

Tbh Andy it will make no difference at all to the turn out at SRCC this Sunday. Only a handful of Bury lads do the regionals and the ones who do are booked in for SRCC so that just leaves some of the club racers to have a play at Bury when the regional is practically full to capacity anyway.

If this was one of the smaller clubs regional it may make a difference but for SRCC which is always the best attended it will make little to no difference.

Chris
Old 14-06-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

We set out a calendar at the start of the season, making sure we weren't open for regional dates. Tomorrow was NOT a regional date at the time. We aren't currently open every week so getting the calendar right was really important to us.

We had closed for the original Southport date, though we ended up running a meeting at the last minute because whilst Southport was washed we weren't. We have closed for all the other rounds.

This is an extra round that has been added AFTER the calendar was drawn up. That we aren't closing when the unscheduled moved round is on is hardly a valid excuse for those saying that it means other clubs can open on our scheduled, calendared round. They are far from the same thing. We aren't putting on a meeting out of spite, we simply already had a meeting on we haven't cancelled.

Though if people do want to run when its our round I'm not sure I mind. There is a very specific group of people who race the regional and an equally large number who don't. Its a bit unfair that the non-regional drivers have to lose out each time a meeting they never intended to race in is on. But that is a debate for another time and place.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 14-06-2014

Si is right I only get to run every few weeks and I'm not doing reginals anymore because I was fed up with the standed of drivers doing reginals and ghe way penalties are never given for bad drivers.
So why shouldn't none reginal drivers be able to drive when they want , it's only toy car racing after all.
Old 14-06-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyster View Post
Si is right I only get to run every few weeks and I'm not doing reginals anymore because I was fed up with the standed of drivers doing reginals and ghe way penalties are never given for bad drivers.
So why shouldn't none reginal drivers be able to drive when they want , it's only toy car racing after all.
Well said. Some people forget it's just toy car racing. Chill.
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 14-06-2014

Personally if I get the chance I will take both my kids racing to Bury this Sunday, that's 3 of us (2new drivers which is surely what the hobby always needs?). I believe Bury are doing nothing wrong, in fact quite the opposite as it'll be less intimidating due to the keener drivers being at Southport.... Just my 4 cents worth, toy cars as already said...