Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 03-12-2012

Default track

how about raising the height of the circle we have to about 2ft maybe more? (making sure cars can be seen if we use back straight) if we put a table top in front of the rostrum then its limiting the full use of the track e.g can only have straight in one place. thats the reason why the track is the way it is, no limits to track designs. the old track had about 4 layouts which got boring to club members who raced weekly. A problem i think the new track has that gives the impression of being 'boring' is that its not very interesting to look at, its just a sea of green! .
Old 03-12-2012
Mad Member

Yeah that's a good idea would be reasonably easy. After speaking to roger on Sunday he showed me plans to alter the current wooden table top by lengthening it and smoothing out the landings and take off and also covering it with a new piece of astro solving the problem with rain and grip
Old 03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
Yeah that's a good idea would be reasonably easy. After speaking to roger on Sunday he showed me plans to alter the current wooden table top by lengthening it and smoothing out the landings and take off and also covering it with a new piece of astro solving the problem with rain and grip
i thought of in idea for smoothing the take off and landings after roger mentioned his idea to us on sunday. we could add some 1/4" ply wood to the take off and landing to create a curve and cut the ends that join the ramp to the astro like a comb to follow the contours of the ground so no part is stuck up in the air to damage cars.
Old 03-12-2012
Mad Member

Yeah good idea, it defo needs lengthening though as you have to slow down too much to hit the down ramp, if you hit it at even a moderate speed you can clear it to flat (not good for the car ha) so I reckon another board lie roger said and that would do it, and that would be one monster tabletop!
Old 04-12-2012
Gypsy Member

good idea rob , making the features like the circle bigger and bettere will add loads to the track, the lengthening idea is good but the take off needs to be steeper and ideally slightly curved
but with some tweaks and obviously proper flight testing it will be great
Old 04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygibbon View Post
good idea rob , making the features like the circle bigger and bettere will add loads to the track, the lengthening idea is good but the take off needs to be steeper and ideally slightly curved
but with some tweaks and obviously proper flight testing it will be great
I think the steeper curved take off is a better idea than lengthening the ramp, the ramp is about the right size I think, it just needs a few tweaks.
Old 05-12-2012
Mad Member

Spoke to woody about the ramp I agree, he says its too short in length for the size and angle of the takeoff, hence why you have to slow down too much to land bank to bank, otherwise you jump too far too easliy and land past the downramp and smack to floor.
The angle and size of take off doesnt need touching it just needs lengthening. If its lengthened (which is what roger is going to do to it) then you don't have to slow down so much to jumpt it correctly and effectively flattens the jump a bit too. It'll still be BIG air though :-)
Also the take off and landings will be smoother with the flexible ply fitted and the astro will be rolled out over the top and would finish it off nicely.
Old 09-12-2012
Gypsy Member

Modifying the wooden jumps all good
And I think angle and length need tweaking

But back to the permenant features , we are still doing a bit to the track itself ain't we
Are we gonna need extra hardcore and if so how much , I will try and draw some designs up this week
They will be pen and paper but at least they will show shape and dimension of stuff
Old 10-12-2012
Mad Member

Talk to roger about it,
Old 10-12-2012

Default Design ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygibbon View Post
Modifying the wooden jumps all good
And I think angle and length need tweaking

But back to the permenant features , we are still doing a bit to the track itself ain't we
Are we gonna need extra hardcore and if so how much , I will try and draw some designs up this week
They will be pen and paper but at least they will show shape and dimension of stuff
Johnny, by all means draw some designs, but please if you can, add some coatings. Then, if I could ask you to pass them on to Steve (howler) who is pulling together all that is being considered, this would be much appreciated.

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 11-12-2012
Gypsy Member

nice one darren i will email some scanned pics to steve
been asking my mate to do some computer ones ,hes busy on his computer with sk8 parks at the min but he said he will try
but anything to give us an idea of shape and size should help us see what we dealing with
we could even use cardboard and tape to make a dummy and see how it sits on the track before we go all in