Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 12-08-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
Have you got your pre-order in Chris?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-08-2017
Mad Member

If it was not for one of our last few dirt track converting to Astroturf, I would have been in the market for another 4WD buggy. Unfortunately I don't enjoy running 4WD on carpet/Astro so much, so I'll probably pass. But never say never!
Edit: Who am I kidding? I know that I'll buy one eventually. After all it is the YZ-4S(chmidt)!

Last edited by mes; 14-08-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-10-2017
Mad Member

Default Now with an F

Shin Adachi posted some pics on facebook showing the diff of the YZ-4SF

https://de-de.facebook.com/permalink...00007474418393
including height adjustment inserts:
https://de-de.facebook.com/permalink...00007474418393

Last edited by mes; 02-10-2017 at 05:03 AM.
Old 02-10-2017
Mad Member

https://www.facebook.com/ToniSportGm...type=3&theater
Old 05-10-2017

Having owned my YZ4 for 18 months, I'm very happy with it, I have some good set-ups for the various tracks I run on and I have a good range of spares/hop-ups in the pit box now. To be honest, it's also cost me a fair amount of cash to get it to that point, even with picking up some used parts from people who have sold-on their cars.

So now we have the YZ4-SF on the way, it's a tricky decision for me. Am I suddenly going to be faster with the SF? Maybe a bit. Do I think I've had the full value from my existing YZ4? No, definitely not. It's only 18 months old and it remains competitive in my hands at least, so why change it?

So: to buy or not to buy the SF?

Ultimately I think this will be a question of "when" rather than "if" for me, but I can't see this being in 2017.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST

Last edited by The Doctor; 05-10-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Having owned my YZ4 for 18 months, I'm very happy with it, I have some good set-ups for the various tracks I run on and I have a good range of spares/hop-ups in the pit box now. To be honest, it's also cost me a fair amount of cash to get it to that point, even with picking up some used parts from people who have sold-on their cars.

So now we have the YZ4-SF on the way, it's a tricky decision for me. Am I suddenly going to be faster with the SF? Maybe a bit. Do I think I've had the full value from my existing YZ4? No, definitely not. It's only 18 months old and it remains competitive in my hands at least, so why change it?

So: to buy or not to buy the SF?

Ultimately I think this will be a question of "when" rather than "if" for me, but I can't see this being in 2017.
I ran my bmax4iii for two seasons, bought on release. In November I've had my yz-4 for two seasons again bought on release. It's time for a new one for me, based on when it was released and that i run them for 2 years. Quite a few hop up bits will be transferable from the yz-4 to either the yz-4SF or one of my yz2's. Example alloy C hubs, double joint CVDs, new rear CVD's and DTM hubs, DTM rear brace, Ti turnbuckles, servo horn, roll bar kits, allow wing buttons.

My yz4 will either be built back up as a complete roller and sold, or shelved, and salvaged for spare diffs and shocks.

That said its still a good car, and if you've not run it for so long, or feel you can get more value out of your spend, then its perfectly fine to run it longer and enjoy it.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-10-2017
Mad Member

As long as you don't need the funds for your next project, I'd say keep it. When I sold my YZ-4 a year ago, prices for used ones were down already, and with the imminent release of the SF the market will be even worse. Depending on your track and set-up, you may be substantially faster. Shaft drive and to some extent adjustable diff height can make a huge difference on carpet. At first I was not sure whether I should get another 4WD as it does not suit my driving style, but as the YZ-4SF seems to be a user friendly car with a plethora of set-up options, I guess I have no choice... Hopefully Shin will come up with a matching 2WD before long, diff access on the YZ-2 is so 2015!

Last edited by mes; 10-10-2017 at 12:46 PM.