Old 19-05-2017

Default Racing performer offroad ultra spring chart

I'm searching for a spring chart of the new yokomo turf/carpet springs

someone see something somewhere
Old 19-05-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I made this one:

10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 19-05-2017
Mad Member

Thanks for posting, Neal! It's a pity that most interesting pieces of information only shows up on fb nowadays, especially as it may become difficult to find it after a couple of days.
I am looking forward to getting a new buggy and the full set of RP springs later this year. What is the new go-to combination for the YZ-2 on carpet, orange/orange?
Old 19-05-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yeah, agree on facebook, almost impossible to search, but times have changes and this BBs hasn't :-(

I've found i still use the light antiroll bars with the CA and the new RP springs on the Y-Z2, even on the bumpy astro for that extra bit of roll stiffness.

I'm currently on orange fronts and green rears, with 1.0mm front bar and 1.2 rear bar. I suspect when the grip goes up you'll want to go to orange rear too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 19-05-2017

Many thank's for the chart Neal

I'm surprised how soft they are compare to the AE used on high grip tracks.
Old 19-05-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tone View Post
Many thank's for the chart Neal

I'm surprised how soft they are compare to the AE used on high grip tracks.
See Yokomo are way ahead of the game in terms of high traction setup. Be not surprised :-)
Old 19-05-2017
Mad Member

Some weeks ago, I got the chance to check those springs with my fingers. They felt as if they were degressive, i.e. softer towards the end of compression, which should make the car bounce less after landing. Can't wait to give them a try on the track myself! Unfortunately this will have to wait until September. The joys of work and being grown up and stuff...
Old 01-12-2017

hi,
could somebody tell what is difference in how car handles with Yatabe springs and with RP springs?
I`m using Yatabe and I`m looking towards to RP... although Yatabe works good for me, but before to try RP`s I would like to know how it will or should affect cars handling?
Any advise is wellcome
Old 03-12-2017
Mad Member

My set is on its way, but I got the chance to test them a few months ago. I found the car was less bouncy after landing, but they are hard to compare to other springs. They feel very soft between your fingers, very plush indeed.
Old 10-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
My set is on its way, but I got the chance to test them a few months ago. I found the car was less bouncy after landing, but they are hard to compare to other springs. They feel very soft between your fingers, very plush indeed.
Did you tested them on high grip track?