Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 10-10-2010

Default 10/10/10 Fun in the Sun!!!

Thanks guys for a great days development/fine tuning/racing,with a much deserved win by me-even if my car was the last one running

Dave,you mentioned about getting some tyres earlier-count me in as mine are well worn now

DiscoStu

B4
Manta Ray
Old 11-10-2010

Hi Guys

What a fantastic day, slowly improving and really enjoyed Sunday.

Huge thanks to Simon and Dave for the constant tinkering with the Cougar, that last run felt a million times better. As a beginner it's difficult knowing what way to go and what change does what.

Roll on next time.
Old 11-10-2010

If you haven't already done it, flip the front wishbones L-R from standard as all the team do it, not being a couger driver i don't know what it does, best look in the Schuy' section for the reason why and for a good set-up base. It was a great day found out my rear suspension was binding cos' i fitted larger rear hubs and didn't trim the arm enough and it was still bloody quick, lol
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 12-10-2010
Mad Member

Sounds like you guys had a good days racing. If your racing on the 31 October I'll come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonW View Post
If you haven't already done it, flip the front wishbones L-R from standard as all the team do it, not being a couger driver i don't know what it does,

I think it lengthens the wheel base a little and helps to reduce some of the the steering.

Haven't raced mine yet so don't really know what it goes like, although blasting it up and down the street it feels nicely balanced with bucket loads of front end, and according the speed camera outside my house does over 30mph too

GRN what do you want it to do, or what isn't it doing that you'd like it to do and hows it currently setup?
Starting with mine as per the kit setup (Pro Model), with 30 wt oil in the rear and 35 wt oil in the front, negative 1 degree camber front and rear, so as you look at the front or rear of the car the wheels look like so / - \ ie leaning in at the top. Ride height wise is between 20 and 22 mm, which looking at the rear of the car should mean the drive shafts sit straight, then adjust the front so that the chassis is level front to rear.

If your going to look at the setups try one from Oswestry National, post number 137 http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...t=44109&page=7 might be worth dropping 5 wt in oil all round as it's colder now and NBC is bumpier. If you can't copy the setup exactly try and get as close as possible, as one change will generally counteract another.
Old 12-10-2010

Hey Jon, come and find me on Sunday @ Stotty cos' i want to see the set up you have and compare it to Gregs.
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 13-10-2010
Mad Member

No worries Simon. Most likely be working on it throughout the day unless it's spot on straight out the box.

What time are you getting there Sunday?
Old 16-10-2010

Default time

not sure, wot time r u gettin there n we will aim 4 dat
Old 16-10-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufty07 View Post
not sure, wot time r u gettin there n we will aim 4 dat
Thought I was going to leave here about 7 so should be down there about half eight all being well. Just hoping it doens't rain too much if at all, as I need a boat for going out in the garden at the minute!!!