Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 21-02-2014

Default Kyosho Lazer ZX FS SP2 - Still competitive?

Hi, I have been looking at these as you can get them new for good money at the moment, but why is this?

Are they still competitive out of the box or are they bringing a new version out and stores are trying to clear stock, a la Durango kits last year?

I must admit, they do look like a great car and might be tempted over some if the newer kits on the market...

Any feedback appreciated

Thanks
Old 21-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

yes they are a very good car straight from the box,as with all kyosho the component quality is very good, second to non.

yes they are getting cheeper and low stock in a few places this is because kyosho have been testing a new car for quite a while, but as yet there is no word on its release. and to be honest no real idea how good it's going to be as it's not set the world on fire when the team have used it sadly.

As with all things RC as soon as the new one is released the old cars value will plummet,so many would shy away from buying one now. Tbh I think they have created a bit of a sales disaster the minute RC racers see a new model sales of the old one will grind to a halt, photos of the new prototype have been around for months ( I think the worlds warmup was the 1st batch) and if they don't make a move soon most people will have spent there money for the coming season….and one thing you can guarantee is when it does hit the shelves it will be one of the more expensive if not the most expensive car out there

I have run a ZX5FS SP2 for the last two years,I love it but have now bought a 22-4 to try as I know when the new car does come out I will be unable to afford it

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 21-02-2014

We've found the FS2 to still be on the pace - Elliott Boots and Kev Lee both ran theirs throughout the national series last year and were on the pace.

For a regional drive Daniel has found his FS2 to be really predictable and consistent. The most recent change we made was to fit an Orion speedo which he said made it even smoother still.

As Dave has said there are plenty of teaser shots of the ZX6 on the web. I don't think this will render the FS2 uncompetitive - indeed it made put a number of them on the second-hand market at a good price?

I've just bought Daniel a new one for this coming outdoor season, once the ZX6 is established then I might look to move him to one at the end of the year?

If you can afford it I think the reliability of the ZX5 makes it an excellent machine. Once it's set up right it just goes and goes.

Hope this helps, Nigel.