Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 05-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Thanks Stu, ill have a look at that. I've half convinced myself to just replace it now though. For the sake of £150 it's probably easier than trying to figure this out, especially if it's terminal!
Old 06-01-2015
Mad Member

Stu has a point I had an issue with a mars r wheel radio on 40 mhz until it was pointed out that they only like hi response rxs also had isdues with early ko 2.4 system like stu it was shy snd didnt like binding in a room full of people I hadvto takevit outside where it wad quiet, once bound no more problems but as your system was fine before it still looks like a sanwa gemini is the simple solution
dave
Old 06-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

yer you can get issues if using the hss setting I think its called I have always run in the slower setting

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 06-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwell View Post
Is the Gemini 50/50 on the throttle stick? I would hate 60/40 like the Exzes.
No, the Gemini is more like 95/5% on the throttle, drove me mad in 2013 after changing from an Esprit 2, just couldn't brake the way I wanted to.

Got the Exzes Z now, not having any problems getting used to it & the quality is way above the new KO Esprit 4.
Old 06-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
I bought my 3 as the 2.4 ko version that was crap and didn't bind when asked to I then switched it to 40mhz I had a ko Mars r steer wheel set and receiver I used the module from that it was fault less for years I then purchased a spectrum mod and receivers and had nothing but trouble

I recon it has to do with the response of the set and the spectrum it seem to be better once slowed down in the menu ultra, super and whatever the others were I can't remover now

You could try a handset recalibrate function 18 in the menu basically go into that menu press the recalibrate and go fill throttle full break full left and full right you will see a number if I rember correctly once done press ok.

It's gotta be worth a try before spending out

Stu
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
No, the Gemini is more like 95/5% on the throttle, drove me mad in 2013 after changing from an Esprit 2, just couldn't brake the way I wanted to.

Got the Exzes Z now, not having any problems getting used to it & the quality is way above the new KO Esprit 4.
What do you mean 95/5? I was meaning even back and forward on the sticks (in the middle, not biased downwards)
Old 06-01-2015

I have exactly the same issue with my KO/Spektrum. Sometimes when I switch the car on the steering is massively out but when I get it on the track its fine. Also I have steering and throttle glitches when Im stood waiting to go on track but again when Im actually on the track it doesnt seem to do it. I think its something about being stood close to the car with the transmitter.

It does bug me though and I think the only way to get rid of it is buying a new transmitter.
Old 06-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
What do you mean 95/5? I was meaning even back and forward on the sticks (in the middle, not biased downwards)
I found the Gemini X to have very little in the way of rearward stick travel, so instead of the 50/50 of the KO, it's more like 95% forward, 5% brake, so biased very much downwards.

The Exzes by comparison has a lot more brake travel then the Gemini.
Old 06-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I found the Gemini X to have very little in the way of rearward stick travel, so instead of the 50/50 of the KO, it's more like 95% forward, 5% brake, so biased very much downwards.

The Exzes by comparison has a lot more brake travel then the Gemini.
Ah, rubbish! I can't drive like that, been far too long with a KO. I assume you can't do the same 50/50 mod like on the Exzes x?
Old 06-01-2015
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

It doesnt take long to get used to mate.. i went from having a KO for 10 years to the sanwa x and absolutely love it. it just 'feels' right.
Old 06-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ive gone for the Exzes X, found a new one on special, thanks for your help guys.
Old 06-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Mine would do that the best cure I found after trying cap moving receiver all the normal stuff is get rid and purchase a Sanwa x problem solved.
That's what happened to me - it was fine, it started to give problems, some were solved but in the end it wouldn't go away. Planet Futaba fixed it for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
few years ago we started to tape around the outside of the spectrum module when removed from transmitter then re fit, it makes the module a far tighter fit with no play and thus no play on the connecting pins inside, I think this was to solve a problem like yours, I have to admit I did the mod before I had any problems, I have had my ko since they were first on the market and its still going strong even if in the last year it has become my second transmitter….to a sanwa
This is one thing I tried that did help for a while. The problem seemed to be that dust and crap got into the receiver and caused almost a short circuit by bridging tracks and components on the biscuit board.

I took it out of the case, cleaned it carefully with a brush and no solvents and then taped the case up to hold it back together. For a while that worked fine, but after a couple more cleans the problem wouldn't go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy View Post
I have had the same problem... after many years and many many hours mine started doing the same... I changed everything in the car.. it seemed to sort it for a round then the glitching came back. Even added a new antenna to the module added tape to keep it tight etc. Powercaps etc... in the end I gave up got a sanwa gemmini x ... spot on
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
Had similar problem with Futaba 3vcs on Spectrum , did all the above suggestions and the only thing that solved it was ........ Sanwa!!
Not much help I know , but in my opinion , cut your losses and make the move .
I agree with both the above - move on! Cost it up, but a good used 3VCS and the Futaba 2.4 module could come in less than a new Sanwa or Futaba. You can then use the FRSky TFR4 receiver which is a steal at £23 each. I have three and they are excellent and very reliable.

Since moving to Futaba I have never had a problem, and I run indoors all the time using 12th cars which are very demanding on installation and RC reliability. HTH
Old 06-01-2015
Mad Member

Here's just what you need for a great price - get in there!!

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161807
Old 06-01-2015

I run 3vcs with futaba 2.4 module and frsky receivers no problems even with the two aerial's
coiled up and taped two sides of receiver
Old 06-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
Here's just what you need for a great price - get in there!!

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161807
I posted just before you, bought a Sanwa now!
Old 06-01-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Ive tried replacing everything except the module and transmitter. I think either way the parts are going to cost a bit to replace and may not fix the issue. I think it's probably the pots as it has been sat in a cupboard for over three years
Derek baily can replace the pots, I have a similar thing on my euros, but its one car, and I have swapped everything out, and still does it in that one car, non of my others.

on the helios/eurus you can do a pot reset/learn its in the menu under vr rest, not sure if yours is the same may be worth a try
Old 06-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Derek baily can replace the pots, I have a similar thing on my euros, but its one car, and I have swapped everything out, and still does it in that one car, non of my others.

on the helios/eurus you can do a pot reset/learn its in the menu under vr rest, not sure if yours is the same may be worth a try
I think it is just the pots, but i really don't race often at the moment and don't want stupid problems ruining the day (even though there are always those days!)
Ill sell my KO and receivers as a repair job and claw back some of my cost.
Old 06-01-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
I think it is just the pots, but i really don't race often at the moment and don't want stupid problems ruining the day (even though there are always those days!)
Ill sell my KO and receivers as a repair job and claw back some of my cost.
id try the recalibrate on the pots 1st, you never know, it helped mine from feeling odd
Old 06-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
id try the recalibrate on the pots 1st, you never know, it helped mine from feeling odd
I don't think you can, ive never found a menu item for it, i think only the wheels got it.
Old 06-01-2015
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

You can do the re-cal on the esprit 3. However, I'm not convinced by the description of initial fault that it will help.