Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler > UK Short Course Nationals

Old 01-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sime46 View Post
You're all making it very gay. The winners won. It's over. If you don't like the winners, then get better at it and come back and beat them next year.
It's a p*ss take dude

will deffo be back next year... you need to do some more truckin Sime... and you Reg!
Old 01-10-2012

Send a message via MSN to johnni boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Are you trying to say no one likes me sime? if i had feelings they might be hurt
I have feelings
Old 01-10-2012
Mad Member

I love you all. (Especially u Wes). And jonny and Mark. Don't hate the playa, hate the game. I'm coming next year with a massive wing,proto chassis and tyres only I can get. Congrats to all the winners and racers who make it all worthwhile. Long may it continue.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 02-10-2012

Default Wing

Who's car is this as this is clearly running a wing, I've just looked at other desc210 bodies and they don't have this ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !cid_71798F99-7E31-43B5-811B-61C90CBF1706.jpg (93.9 KB, 51 views)
Old 02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber View Post
Who's car is this as this is clearly running a wing, I've just looked at other desc210 bodies and they don't have this ??
All bodies come with a wing dude
Old 02-10-2012

I was looking on the Durango site and it doesn't show it on that car, are you saying it is supplied with the body?? as it wasn't on the DESC410.
Old 02-10-2012

Yes it is supplied with the DESC210R body. Mr Wesson would be able to tell you more because he helped test the car
Old 02-10-2012

I think this rule will need clarification next year, at the moment it states "and be a true representation of the full size vehicle"

Full size SCT are not allowed wings "Additions to the body of the race vehicle, such as fins, scoops, wings, and other extruding additions will not be permitted"

I know this is being a bit anal but at National level it needs to be clear exactly what your allowed to do as there's no doubt rear wings give massive advantages
Old 02-10-2012

Quote:

I know this is being a bit anal but at National level it needs to be clear exactly what your allowed to do as there's no doubt rear wings give massive advantages
I can see your point but at surrey and hants when the wing was removed from the car it actually went faster
Old 02-10-2012

Surrey and Hants is a very technical track and a wing will not make much difference, it comes into play on high speed corners with these bodies.
Old 02-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
I think this rule will need clarification next year, at the moment it states "and be a true representation of the full size vehicle"

Full size SCT are not allowed wings "Additions to the body of the race vehicle, such as fins, scoops, wings, and other extruding additions will not be permitted"

whats this then?

The rules don't need changing, if people want to bolt bits of lexan to their cars then let them... as for massive advantage i don't think so.

the usual suspects were at the top of the meeting because they are the better skilled drivers, simple.

whilst calling for rule changes i'm assuming you attended the National rounds and supported the championship?
Old 02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
whats this then?

The rules don't need changing, if people want to bolt bits of lexan to their cars then let them... as for massive advantage i don't think so.

the usual suspects were at the top of the meeting because they are the better skilled drivers, simple.

whilst calling for rule changes i'm assuming you attended the National rounds and supported the championship?
Mark, I am not actually against wings on these cars, we have tested them and they can really help stabilize the car a high speed so yes we should use them but the rules should just be clearer.

I agree that when your a good driver you will be at the top but that's when things like this win or lose you races.

And why I have not attended all the nationals I have attended, next year will be different as I wont be racing so many classes.
Old 02-10-2012
Mad Member

I think tbh getting rid of grid start qualifying will make it fairer to everyone than little wings.

The first few cars always get away clean and anyone behind either gets mullered from cars behind or collected with the flying trucks trying to avoid the pile up... either way it's stupid when we are racing against the clock, so puts qualifying times down to luck as much as a good clean run!

If rules need to be brought in for wings then it's easier to ban them as the Americans won't allow them, so other manufacturers won't be making them for SCT bodies.

don't want this class plagued with rules, it works very well as is but a few little areas need tweaking, been a really good championship and is definitely recommended
Old 02-10-2012

Hey let all bolt on rear spoiler to our trucks then we will all come in the top 3 of the A finals NOT!
Old 02-10-2012

Yes the start procedure needs to be addressed.

I am totally with you on not making it full of rules as this is supposed to be a fun class and this will hopefully make it grow which I believe we all want
Old 02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Hey let all bolt on rear spoiler to our trucks then we will all come in the top 3 of the A finals NOT!
I'm not saying its going to do that but if you are in the top 3 then its possibly that 2 tenths advantage that's going to matter, if you crashing every corner a wing isn't going to help you
Old 02-10-2012

Whilst I'm not in a position to comment about starting grids or procedures, not being a national series racer, I do mess about at club level and ;

Where a model racing vehicle is supposed to be a scaled down version of a real one then similar rules should apply.

There are rules regarding wheels, having to maintain their scale appearance. Similar regulations should apply to the body shells - if the full size don't utilise wings, spoilers or other aerodynamic appendages - then neither should the model versions.
Cutting away some of the bodyshell could be considered - one should be able to remove as much as you wish - as long as the original outline of the shell is not altered, 'windscreens' should be retained, side windows could be removed - and the same shell should be retained for the whole series once scrutinised... Bumpers and mud flaps should also be mandatory as they maintain the appearance.

I also reckon it would be nice if the trucks had a scale driver too.
Old 02-10-2012

The american ROAR rules say no added or intergrated spoilers allowed and if you look at durango's site they have removed the rear spoiler of the the one in the photo but left the 5 holes in the rear to fix it on The ROAR rules also say No tire tread cutting Bald or Custom tires allowed and 2wd trucks must weight over 2098g 74oz and 4wd trucks over 2505g 88oz my 4x4 SCT come in full load at 86oz i hang my head in shame, so if we were running to there rules that would be most of us disqualifed RESULT!!!.
Old 02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
I think tbh getting rid of grid start qualifying will make it fairer to everyone than little wings.

The first few cars always get away clean and anyone behind either gets mullered from cars behind or collected with the flying trucks trying to avoid the pile up... either way it's stupid when we are racing against the clock, so puts qualifying times down to luck as much as a good clean run!
I would definitely agree with this statement. I started half way through last season when we were using this method in qualifying and I feel it is a fairer system than the grid formation. I have profited a few times by avoiding first lap tangles but equally lost out in the chaos of 10 trucks squeezed through the first corners at once. Fine in the finals when it is a true race, but disheartening when trying to beat the clock only to get flipped and lose vital seconds (or 25 when my truck wouldn't let go of the catch fence at Holbeach!!).

Having said my piece on that, I have thoroughly enjoyed this year and am well up for the next

Big thanks to the organisers whose efforts behind the scenes and on the day made this an excellent experience for a ham-fisted muppet.

Last edited by tynhead; 02-10-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Holbeach not Broxtowe...
Old 02-10-2012
Mad Member

Oh god...

Pre-approved bodyshell list, weight limits, Wing chord measurements, specific electrics, etc..

I thought we were racing trucks not touring cars.

I think the beauty of this race series is you can buy any rtr or kit short course truck on a saturday and race it at national level on a sunday. Apart from tyres, and you would only need to do that if you want to, you wouldn't need to change a thing. Sureley thats something you want to keep?

I am pretty sure somewhere in the 1:10 national buggy rules that it states that all cars should be a close representation to a real life off-road vehicle. You ever seen a real life off-road buggy that looks like a Dex210, losi 22 cougar SV, etc?

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles