Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 03-07-2015

Default Battery charging

Hi guys,

I have an NVision lipo battery and an over lander RC6-VSP charger as recommended by the place I bought my buggy but there are so many settings on the charge unit I don't know what's right and I don't wanna frazzle the battery. I've read the manual for both but when I charge the battery, with in 45-60 mins it's saying it's ready. The charger does offer speed charge but I want to charge the battery fully to ensure it's in full working order.

Can anyone help me with the settings on the charger?

The battery is NVision LiPo 3700 7.4v - 2s-1p-45c-27.38wh (I don't really know what most of that means yet)

Cheers
Mat
Old 03-07-2015

Have a look at this: -

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

It'll take a few minutes to read but gives a good explanation of pretty much all you need to know about Lipo's.
Old 03-07-2015

Basically you want to set the charger to either - Lipo Charge, or Lipo Balance Charge. If you have the balance lead and time, it would be better to balance charge every time, if not, try and balance every 4 or 5 charges. Set the charger to 2S, 7.4v, and 3.7A. Press the start button and your good to go. The figure on the bottom right of the display will let you know how many of the 3700Mah you have charged back into your battery. Once the battery is coming close to being charged, the charge current figure will start to drop from 3.7A to 0A.