Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 09-12-2016

Default Racing dec 9th.

Whilst i know the track builder do a very good job.i thought id give a mention that there was quite few members not satisfied with the lack of carpet put down.not only for the sake of the driving but also the transition from slippy to high grip is causing breakages to diffs ect.so not only on the ability to drive but on the costs of repairs.i do know about COME EARLY and help, but there is enough also said about putting the track away too.Have your cars ready and batteries charged before you come and insted of sitting down talking, help with setting up too.RANT OVER.cheers

http://www.westernvalleymodels.co.uk/

• TLR 22-4
  • TEAM C TM4
  • LOSI MINI 8 FULLY HOPPED UP
  • GT12 S1
  • HPI FIRE STORM
  • TRAXXAS KEN BLOCK GYMKANHA
  • Carisma Nissan Skyline GT
  • DJI P3
  • FIRDBIRD STRATOS
Old 09-12-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks for the feedback Si, we (the committee) at Caldi and we agree, we are extremely lucky to have such competent and dedicated track builders and we think they do an amazing job.

As I'm sure you are aware there is a great deal that goes on in the background to make sure that we keep most of the members happy most of the time. We discuss comments and opinions of our members on a daily basis and we do our best to keep everyone having as much fun with there toys as we do.

E.g. The winter series this year, several members asked us to run a winter series, so we did. A bunch of members asked for Vintage, so we have it at the winter series.

To come to your point about track design, many of our members have different ideas about what they want from a track. Fast, slow, tight, open, jumpy, flat, grippy, slippy etc. Etc. Our chief designers know this and dedicate time during the Week to come up with a design brief for each Fridays track to give us a track design that is unique every single week. I hope you will agree that the best way to make sure everyone gets a bit of what they want is to have a different track each week, that may be a variation on a them for a few weeks but sooner or later your preferred track type will appear. It would get pretty boring if we had the same thing week in week out. Trust me when I say that every week someone doesn't like something about the track, the race format, the flavour of pop we have, I could go on and on here but the reason for this is because we are all different and that's what makes the world so great.

We do take on board what we here on a Friday and on chat rooms etc. Do we act immediately on what a single person rants about? No, absolutely not. But we take those opinions Put them in the melting pot and they become part of the "MASTER PLAN"
Old 09-12-2016
Mad Member

tracks change every week, sometimes technical sometimes wide and flowing.
when building the track we ask anyone helping what kind of track they want and last week it was some slippy floor and technical. this week will be all carpet and flowing
schumacher cat 2000
Kyosho Triumph
Kyosho Lazer zx-r
Schumacher Ld2
Associated B6.4
Associated B5