Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 07-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
Thats the year I had one, was okay in the dry... but in slightly damp conditions, it would just understeer like an absolute pig... Thats probably my worst 2wd, but wasnt too bad, thought you won at Swansea in the pi$$ing rain RRC meeting millzy?? year 2001?

Worst car for me was my XK98, the car was an awful build, didn't really go over bumps, and I broke loads of the plastic pivot ball holders (which held the front hub on.. the screws were cack as well). Drove nicely tho, on carpet and smooth grass!
Didnt Dan Greenwood win that? i remember it pissing down and us all taking the piss out of dans b3 for not having a brace on the shock tower like the xxxs did ( you me alex and ken all had losi Dan was the sole b3)

was that the same year when we went to some round in the midlands and there was a caravan hanging over the main straight and me and alex canning both understeered right into it lol
i remeber you winnig most of the rounds that year and the title..i had bloody second for the second time runnig lol
Old 08-02-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Yeah, the caravan half way down the straight was Brandon (at the back of the golf course if I remember...seem to remember the loop being by the jockey wheel, and keith robertson hitting the jockey wheel of the start of qually, but not crossing the loop, lucky get).

Yeah, I hated the XXX at Tiverton indoors, but was good on dry grass and astro, as it generated some steering because of the higher grip.
Old 21-04-2009

Worst buggy i ever had was the original Avante...it looked awesome but was terrible on the track, it had very limited suspension travel and it suffered from severe understeer. The metal links were horrible too, had tons of slop and was fragile. Best buggy that i really enjoyed driving were the Egress, Top Force, Nikko Brat and CAT XLS.
Old 21-04-2009
Mad Member

Optima mid turbo was my fave of all time, I hated the cat xls.. ( i was 14 and couldnt set it up )...would love a cat xls as a shelf queen now though.

schumacher procat x Two, one bosscat, one rc10 gold pan, two optima mids, one cougar/club10
Old 21-04-2009

Default bad cars

4WD: Original Tamiya Avante.. I was a real Tamiya freak and wanted that car so much.. but it was very weak and very hard to drive.. the year after I switch to CAT XLS and won national champion..

2WD: Traxxas TRX-1 (the batmobile) very bad steering and rear axle bend after a jump.. After 2 meetings I have sold the car.

TC: Losi Street weapon 1.st editon.. made by Joel Johnson and Gil Losi Jr... hmmm... have they smoke something funny or??? the dosen´t work on carpet.

Danish 4WD champion 1989, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

www.racegallery.dk
Old 21-04-2009

Default worst car,have had plenty of choice.

For me it was a converted predator x8 to go to wide touring car many years ago.Running on foam tyres,Very expensive parts and a complete s#d to get balanced.Offroad,b4 ,just couldn't get it round corners without understeer and to jump level,coventry double every lap ,good on grass pants on astro.
Old 25-04-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

predator. absolute crap.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 25-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I always thought the Predator was a great car. Totally wrong for 99% of racers but the few who could make it work were unstoppable. It wasn't the car that was wrong, it was the user.

Worst I've ever had, and in fact still have, was the PB Ace. Beautifully engineered, but so completely wrong its was untrue......
Old 25-04-2009

Back in the early 90s I had a Kyosho Lazer ZX that was so heavy marshalling it was pretty much a two-man job. Getting it to last 5 mins with a 17x2 was a huuuuuge achievement.

The car I had the most difficulty driving was a Yokomo Works 91 (in bright pink!). After running Procats I could never get the Yokomo to turn in or provoke oversteer. Of course I was 12 and had no clue about car setups . It was finally game over at one Aire Valley meeting when a Tamiya Hot Shot hit it, and smashed the rear suspension mount and shocks. The Tamiya was undamaged.

Old 26-04-2009

Kyosho Turbo Ultima. I just couldn't get the car to handle properly. In the stupidity of my youth, I got the full Hot Trick kit, chassis, suspension arms, etc, which made the car even crappier, looked cool but just handled like crap. Switched to the original JRX2 and immediately loved it.
Old 26-04-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
I always thought the Predator was a great car. Totally wrong for 99% of racers but the few who could make it work were unstoppable. It wasn't the car that was wrong, it was the user.

Worst I've ever had, and in fact still have, was the PB Ace. Beautifully engineered, but so completely wrong its was untrue......
Well if u actually watched kevin moores pit crew all they did was make him a new car for every round. Quality was rubbish and I was in the top 3 in Wales behind jon tucker and jon Leonard so wasn't user fault. Pity as it looks better than it actually goes.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 26-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Well if u actually watched kevin moores pit crew all they did was make him a new car for every round. Quality was rubbish and I was in the top 3 in Wales behind jon tucker and jon Leonard so wasn't user fault. Pity as it looks better than it actually goes.
Yes I saw that, actually more fair to say benefited from it. Brother was friends with Matt Knight who was racing for Tenth Technology and constantly replacing stuff that wasn't broken 'to be on the safe side'. He'd then give those parts to us keeping us in much needed spares!

But then Colin Chapman used to aim for his F1 cars to break on the slow down lap = last any longer and its over engineered and too heavy.....
Old 26-04-2009

I think it was the RC10 B2 for me.. Funny, as the B3 was a much better car, yet looked virtually the same. (that said my B2 was bushed, poverty spec model and the B3 was an FT car!)
Tamiya
HPI Racing
Old 05-05-2009

Default mine is nitro...

my singular worst car ever is a Caster zx-1 nitro buggy.

nothing fits proper and mugen diffs cases and gears need to be used cos the Caster bitz go bald after 1 round around the track. The axles and drive hexes are drilled out of centre and cause fitting problems. The buggy has loads (like you cannot believe) of play all around, but I was told by the taiwanese factory driver they designed it specifically to have loads of play.

And of cos, the shock towers were made of butta. 1 flipflop and you'll have laydown shocks... the same factory driver had a stack of shocktowers in his case... i can imagine why, change one every heat.

when I did race it, it was 70% mugen, only the arms, gearboxes, wing mount, centre diff mount and radio tray were Caster... and of cos, the shell.

it was hilarious!

-alexander
Old 05-05-2009

Worst...
4WD: Marui Shogun.....bought this second hand from a mate.....could not get spares for the love of money, and

2WD: Kyosho Truimph....was possibly the worst Kyosho car of all time. Could not get any speed or steering from it......

Best.....
4WD: Kyosho Lazer ZX-R, very forgiving and fast

2WD: B4FT

Nolan
Old 06-05-2009

I asked a pro driver at my track what he liked better.

Worst:
Predator X10-he broke it all the time and it wasnt even hard hits.
He upgraded to a few X11 parts and he still broke the chassis in half.

Best:
B44-has never broken it one time and has had it for months.
Old 06-05-2009
Lee-Mag

Who was this pro driver? Maybe we have heard of him?

Was it wes or xgod or muscles?

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 06-05-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

It was X-god i recon
He's ace
Definatly fater than wez
Cheese burgers are ace
Wez is better
Old 06-05-2009

Worst car I've had was the Schumacher Mi2ec.
Old 06-05-2009

a-tech atx