Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Old 21-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
Many people who don't do it are good and honest too. Not having feedback is not a sign of a crook at work. Let's not tarnish everyone with the same brush...

This isn't what I meant at all.

My suggestion was to make feedback compulsory just help a buyer make a decision and by no means to tarnish any member, on the whole the members on this forum are great and honest but there are a small minority who take advantage of the trust of honest trusting people. These are the minority that spoil it for the genuine people and like ebay feedback helps you make the decision who to buy from and the rotten eggs gradually get weeded out .
Old 22-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
It's not a case of tarnishing people with no feedback. I bought my dogfighter in here from a guy with no feedback and only 1 post, he was a great guy to deal with.
It's the people that reply to want adds that have got just what your after for a brilliant price you need to be careful of.
I'm not saying it's everyone, people just need to think about what there doing before they send payments as a gift, to someone they don't know and have never spoken to before.
I get the idea, and I can see what that might mean to some people. However, I want to buy and sell, not buy, sell and get feedback. That's a process that people rely on and become 'blind' to the people they are dealing with.

I have bought things on here and done my checking by finding people I know who might know the people I buy from. If a seller isn't prepared to tell me where they race, where they live or anything else I can use to ask people I know who may know them, I don't buy. I only pay with fees, and cover them if asked.

If I sell I don't mind how people pay. I check out the person as best I can and if I can't get something positive I don't buy. Since I don't know anything about the people leaving feedback it's not of much use as a comparison to what I would expect from a seller. How do I know how genuine the feedback is and that it is not a set-up?

In this day and age if you put in a process then people will trust the process, not the people they deal with. If there is a process, then someone can game that process - build up good feedback with small sales to their mates for example - and then still sting someone for the big one.

We've become a world where we are risk-averse, not hazard-aware. When something goes wrong a process is put in place and we all trust the process. That makes us unaware of the hazards and so we stumble blindly into the traps set by the scammers who rely on us to follow the process blindly without being aware of the hazards (traps) they set.

Yes, I am old and yes, I am a bit cranky. I've never been scammed so I'll stay that way. I want to remain someone who is hazard-aware and focuses on the person I am dealing with, not the process I am supposed to be using. Inisisting on feedback won't make the scammers any less likely to be here, just more devious to keep on tricking us. Just my thoughts...
Old 23-10-2014
Awesome Admin

I totally understand your point slowone I think the feedback system is there just as a guide as the same as eBay. I trade with people with little or know feedback if they have something I want. But like you make sure that I cover myself.

If you take the last two people that have been scammed they were by the sabe guy with differant user names I think, with no post count and replying to a wanted add over pm.

But you can't judge everyone the same as I've just purchased my new yoke from someone with just 1 post, but unlike the others I payed as goods and had no problem.

No think in the end it all comes down to common sense IMHO.
Old 06-11-2014
Mad Member

Default for sale section

i too can not stand the for sale section any more and liked it as it was, i would prefer to find all posts in one section and it gives variety in the posts,
i used to look every day in the for sale section, sometimes 3 times a day,
now i cant be bothered to skip between each sub section looking for new posts so i dont use the for sale section any more unfortunately,
id rather see everything one particular seller is selling in one post not scattered across 3 or 4 sub sections,

also if i saw someones other items for sale among the 1 item i wanted i may have been tempted to buy another item from them but as different items are in their own sub section i wont see them and i wont search for something i didn't originally want but would have bought at the spur of the moment if i saw them items all together,
so also the way its now laid out may restrict sales for sellers.

please change it back col,

if something worked why change it, especially when its made it harder to find things

Last edited by rondoolaa; 06-11-2014 at 08:14 PM.