Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 30-11-2006

Default BX Problems

I am torn between the BX and a BJ4WE. With the BX, I hear people talking about dirt getting caught up in between the diff and belt and the rear camber link geometry issues. Just wanted to hear from owners how their BX's are holding up. Thanks
Old 30-11-2006

Well I run mine on an indoor track so I don't have the issues that outdoor racers have. I really like the buggy. I did the camber mod, not to hard and it helps with rear grip in corners. I can't count the runs and races I have on the buggy and I have yet to see any wear on the out drives and have still not broken a part. I bent a shock eyelet. If you race in the UK think about the conditions you race under. Jimmy has some photo of some races I would never attend because the weather/track conditions are too harsh..... Living on the west cost in the USA you get spoiled by the nice weather and such....
Hope this helps.
Old 30-11-2006

Send a message via MSN to ryan

i have just switched from a yokomo to a bj4 we and i am miles quicker with the bj4 and i think that it is a much better car than the yokomo even though most of the top drivers wont agree with me but for novice drivers it is easier to drive and faster. the bj4 we is the bomb lol
Old 01-12-2006

Those are the "problems"? I mean, turning upside down a camber link is not so dramatic, in fact it can be another setting, can't it?

Regarding "dirt issues" you can solve them with a little of foam properly placed.

Now being serious. What are the real drawbacks of the car? I'm pretty interested.

GO FOR 'EM DOGBERT!!

Please visit:
WATT RC CARS

http://www.oople.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=562&dateline=12565680  10
Old 02-12-2006
LeeOtard

the BX....

awesome car......

i changed from a Bj last season and went with the yokomo this season just gone.

the yokomo was miles better on high grip surfaces...and you wont beleive how good it is on smooth dirt!

regarding dirt issues...i put a few lexon covers over the belt holes so a minimal gap is bad, therfore reducing the amount of room for dirt to get in. alot of drivers have done this and no problems have arose of late. the belt is also 5mm thick and takes some snapping!

the diffs do get a bit dirty and will require cleaning every now and then, but surely thats a good thing to stop people being lazy and neglecting ther cars.

i draw backs of the car?

well some times the rear end will not be as good over the bumps as the xx-4, but then again the BJ is no better, one thing you can be asured of with the BX is that they have a top of the line team that are and will continue to develop the car for the UK and thruoghout europe.

therfore i believe that its a car for the future.....and the future is coming!

lee
Old 03-12-2006

So... The BX doesn't perform good enought on bumpy tracks???

What could you tell me about this???!!!

GO FOR 'EM DOGBERT!!

Please visit:
WATT RC CARS

http://www.oople.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=562&dateline=12565680  10
Old 04-12-2006
LeeOtard

it performs well on bumpy tracks, but its an area for improvement for the car.

thats what im implying

its one part of the package that i am working on to improve, as im sure the team is also. i have a few ideas that i will be trying t meetings.