Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 09-11-2007

Default support the car

i dont no about u racers but is just me or is it the rb5 i was just looking on the kyosho web but it seems everytime they release a new car they have no support e.g the euros this year due to absence they always have a good excuse. like say associated they have a strong team and hot bodies and so on my point is wats the point of making a new car if they have no support
Old 09-11-2007
Administrator

Should be in the Kyosho forum - tut tut!

I wholly agree though, the lack of any cars at all (I didn't see a single Kyosho 2 or 4wd there - maybe there was but I didn't see it) at the Euros was insanity defined.
I was glad to see Stu Wood perform well with the car at UK Nationals and make some A finals / Challenge for the lead at Oswestry etc... but Stu was running a private / review car with some help from theraceplace.

When I've spoken to the likes of Gil Losi, he's had very little input so far into the electric stuff - maybe once he gets properly involved he can influence some choices. Or then again, maybe not. The risk is that they do nothing (like now) and lose interest in the class (again) and that's the end.
Old 09-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

it is a shame there is no official team as both cars are ace, and very popular club/regional cars.
i know Stu did a lot of developement work with the RB5 last year regarding set up, but there was very little feedback on here in terms of reports or set up sheet for others to work from. I personally Pm'd him 5 or 6 times to send me his set up details in the absence of the report, but never had much reply.

I fear many who liked the look of the RB5 and tried it for something different may have gone back to the B4 because they couldn't get it to handle well enough. If Stu's set up had been available with regular feedback from tests etc more people may have stuck with it.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 09-11-2007

Default and it dissapointing

who cares i dont give a dam its not my loss kyosho must be stupid if they dont want to win the euros or the worlds they should build a strong team
Old 09-11-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny20 View Post
who cares i dont give a dam .....
erm, you started the thread so you must do
Old 09-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

i'm still running the RRCi Review RB5 and it went pretty well at worksop last month (well, pretty well in my hands anyway, I'm not the best driver in the world) and most people were saying that it looked pretty good......until I broke one of the Atomic Carbon rear shock towers.
Old 09-11-2007

Default then

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgie View Post
erm, you started the thread so you must do

that was then this is now
Old 09-11-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

what, three hours ago.....

Kyosho shoot themselves in the foor by not supporting some drivers to develop setups on the car, so people can build and race, not faff about with setups and things....
Old 10-11-2007

yeah shame that kyosho's main driver races mainly 8 scale, and the last time we saw a setup sheet from him was 2 years ago
Old 10-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
..until I broke one of the Atomic Carbon rear shock towers.
WOW
Old 10-11-2007

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

Didn't Mark Pavidis finish 6th in the 2wd Worlds? I don't think he did so well in 4wd though.
Old 10-11-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Kyosho shoot themselves in the foot by not supporting some drivers to develop setups on the car, so people can build and race, not faff about with setups and things....
There used to be a time when one of the skills of the hobby was setting your car up, something all the top drivers still have which is why they are the fastest. Before the internet everyone had to learn how to do it themselves instead of just copying someones setup they've downloaded without actually knowing what the adjustments they are making actually do. What happens if you copy someones setup and it doesn't suit your driving style?
Old 10-11-2007

Since I never found a good setup which suited my driving style and the track, I've read page up, page down at this site.

Click it

I beleave many have seen this site before, but it is very good since it gives a good explanation what happens when you adjust the different wheel angles etc.

At the start of this years season I had no idea what to adjust, but in the end of the season I had a pretty good car that worked much better than before.

I totally agree that Kyosho should support their drivers with the top drivers setups. It is easy to loose interest and change brand if it is to hard to make your car work well and go fast.
Old 10-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
There used to be a time when one of the skills of the hobby was setting your car up, something all the top drivers still have which is why they are the fastest. Before the internet everyone had to learn how to do it themselves instead of just copying someones setup they've downloaded without actually knowing what the adjustments they are making actually do. What happens if you copy someones setup and it doesn't suit your driving style?

I agree every driver should know this, but a lot of club racers don't. It would just be nice to have a rough starting set up for grass, astro, clay etc that people can put on their cars and know it will handle the terrain ok, but will need a slight tweak to suit them personally.

Everyone knows with the B4 there is one readily available set up that works on pretty much every track, which helps make it so popular. Newbies can by it, stick the set up on it and the car will go ok.

The RB5 is a great car when it's set up, but some club racers may not have the knowledge or patience to get it there. If they had a base set up to use out of the box then they may not trade it in for a B4 so quickly!!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 10-11-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
I agree, but I remember racing in the early 90's and there was still setups floating about and were still easily obtainable. for most though, they want to be competitive and know that they can buy the likes of a B4 slap a known setup on there and the car will be there or there abouts, some just don't have the time or inclination to change and try things either.

Just an observation that i made, which, in the end, i think is a big reason that racers aren't buying it.
Old 10-11-2007

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

The thing about Kyosho not posting setups is, I never really missed them. When I had a question or wanted to know the best way to solve a handling problem, I came straight here and got my answers.
This section has more threads and posts than any other manufacturers forum on this site, that to me shows that the brand is still a force in the off road buggy world. As long as the owners continue posting set up guides and tips right here on oOple, ther is no reason an owner should become frustrated by lack of official set up tips.
The lack of a UK team is frustrating I will admit, even if Kyosho Europe created their own semi-factory team, or even better, just sent a load of freebies out to existing owners and asked them to spread the good word!. It would be nice to see a big name driver getting podiums for the K cars though. How about a facotry deal for Woody? He has already put the RB5 on the map in the NW.
Just to add, Kyosho U.S.A. does have some ZX-5 setups from Mark Pavidis. I realise they are for American tracks but they are there to look at none the less.
Old 10-11-2007
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
it is a shame there is no official team as both cars are ace, and very popular club/regional cars.
i know Stu did a lot of developement work with the RB5 last year regarding set up, but there was very little feedback on here in terms of reports or set up sheet for others to work from. I personally Pm'd him 5 or 6 times to send me his set up details in the absence of the report, but never had much reply.

I fear many who liked the look of the RB5 and tried it for something different may have gone back to the B4 because they couldn't get it to handle well enough. If Stu's set up had been available with regular feedback from tests etc more people may have stuck with it.

Sorry Jim, but I recall sending some back to you with tips? Yes I didnt do alot after a while but the car is good enough to be at the top just has to be given time! The problem with me is that after every A or B final I made I sen an email to Kyosho and I didnt even get a reply so why should I promote there products when I have done all this? At the end of the day I was all on my own at the Nats(130 drivers) and still kept up with them all. I want to win and maybe help companies on the way and after all the none answered emails it makes you think why am I doing it? It takes alot of my time and effort testing and making bits to make it better.
Old 11-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm very tempted by a RB5 myself, certainly won't be put off by the lack of a manufactures set-up page.

Keep up the good work Woody, it's your car that proves to me the RB5 can go all the way and that I should give it a go.

I remember starting racing in the mid 80s and having my Optima Mid removed from my pit table, fiddled with and dropped back with a label tied to the front tower ... saying "will be faster now, just watch the exit from the sweeper". No that is what I call support!!!! Shame there is no UK team but then again, if I'm not mistaken, there is no UK importer to form a team is there???? Do Kyosho Europe have any means of contact for non-trade enquires does anybody know????
Old 11-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy
..until I broke one of the Atomic Carbon rear shock towers.

WOW
Yep. All that lovely 4mm thick carbon.

Just kicked the back end over at worksop the other week, and it just landed in the wrong possition on the shock tower. Carbon grips pretty well on the worksop surface.

Looks like i'll probably run 4wd next time until I can afford a new tower.
Old 11-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Teams ??

I've read a lot about teams / lack of teams, support, and lack of it etc on this forum.
For my 2 pence worth, no-one should choose a car based on 'team-results'.
Be individual and run what you like, were not all sheep for gods sake. If Kyosho don't want to run a team, that's fine by me, in fact I'm more likely to buy the car as I like the fact that it's not going to be run by everyone and his dad. Run the car because you like it, if you don't run something else !

Additionally it would be interesting to know just how many sales can actually be attributed to a company running a sponsored team versus not. For me if the product looks good, or is just interesting, that's enough. I don't need to see something winning races for me to buy it. If I ran a team-sponsored car I still wouldn't win. That's true for the majority of drivers, so run what you like the look of, not what those who can afford to market / advertise make you think is good. Personally, as and when I can get back into racing, the Pred is incredibly attractive, not because of results, because it's interesting / different and well engineered. I know Kyosho stuff it good, so the Rb5 would be well up on my list of choices for 2wd, results and team will have no influence on how I spend my own cash.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk