Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 25-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Batley Buggy Club Winter Series - Booking in

Booking in for the winter series is now available here:

http://batleybuggyclub.com/?p=469

Batley Buggy Club Winter Series in association with MB Models.

Round 1 - 02nd Oct 2016
Round 2 - 30th Oct 2016
Round 3 - 27th Nov 2016
Round 4 - 05th Feb 2017
Round 5 - 19th Mar 2017

Race Classes: 2wd, 4wd, Under 13 2wd and RC10 13.5T/Blinky Worlds Kit Spec Class

Price: £10 per class entered. Pay on the day.*(Discounts for club members and juniors may apply)

Best 3 from 5 rounds to count.

Trophys at series end - 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each class. Medals for all Under 13's taking part in series.

All cars must run a club approved front shock guard to prevent damage to carpet/track.

Basic BRCA Rules. Control Tyres: Front - Open, Rear - Schumacher Mini Dart

Prize raffle at Round 5. Each entry gets one ticket in the hat. You must be there to claim prize.

Venue is MB Raceway - Oulton Hall Grounds, Rothwell Lane, Oulton, Leeds, LS26 8HN
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 29-09-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 26-09-2016
Mad Member

Is there any objections to running Micro with the Buggies this weekend??
Old 26-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Is there any objections to running Micro with the Buggies this weekend??
The winter series race classes are listed. 2wd/4wd/U13 2wd 10th Buggy, and RC10 kit spec class.

There is also an open practice day on Saturday the 1st on the off road track, if you want to run/try out micro buggy in preparation for the national.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 26-09-2016
Mad Member

Can't do Saturday which is a shame really, one of those things I suppose

Last edited by Jonesy; 26-09-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Old 26-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If you intending to come to the first round of the Winter Series on Sunday, please get booked in by filling out the form here: http://batleybuggyclub.com/?p=469

Pre-booking in helps us get race control setup done faster, so we get racing quicker, and helps the venue plan for fresh food/cafe provisions.

No payment is needed now, it's pay on the day.
There will be plenty of practice, track will be open as soon as possible after the doors open.

MB will also have an open practice day on the Saturday (1st) before. £10 for all day practice.
Old 26-09-2016

Is there a control rear tyre Neal?

Xray XB2 '18
Xray XB4 '18
Old 26-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arceye View Post
Is there a control rear tyre Neal?
Yes on the rear. I'm hoping to announce it tomorrow.
Front tyre is open choice, cut staggers (in both 2wd and 4wd versions) are recommended.

It will be one set per rear axle per meeting and they will be marked up. Nothing will stop you running the same set at the next round, you don't have to have new tyres each meeting. Tyre wear is very very good, we don't want to have a series where its won and lost on ability to put new tyres on.
Old 26-09-2016
Mad Member

I can see the meeting starts at 10, but what is the expected finish time? Need to see if I can fit it in 😀

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 26-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlandchris View Post
I can see the meeting starts at 10, but what is the expected finish time? Need to see if I can fit it in 😀
Before 5-5.30pm I'd have thought. We finished before then on Sunday with 5 rounds and finals, and plenty of time for practice.
Old 27-09-2016

Hi guys,

Looking to come down on Sunday for the first time at the great new venue.

I've only just taken up 2WD from running GT12 for about 12 months - is there anything that I need to know before arriving on Sunday or just logical things like what tyres to run and what time the doors open?

Cheers,

Jake
Old 27-09-2016

Hi Jake

Just use the link above in Neal's post to book in. The control tyres will be announced tomorrow and one set of tyres per winter series meeting will be the limit. You need a pit towel or something to cover the pit table and lipo sack to charge in. Other than that the doors open at 10:00am and we will see you Sunday mate.

Cheers
Chris
Old 27-09-2016

Neal....is there an acknowledgement of entry being received..? (Or a list of entries to date.) I only ask as I sent an entry in this morning, I think, but not sure if it went correctly.! Thanks.
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds
Old 27-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
Neal....is there an acknowledgement of entry being received..? (Or a list of entries to date.) I only ask as I sent an entry in this morning, I think, but not sure if it went correctly.! Thanks.
hi Alan, I have a full list of all submitted entries. The online form populates a spreadsheet that we will upload into BBK to setup the meeting.

I've not received an entry from you however. Please try again.
The form is here: http://batleybuggyclub.com/?p=469

It wont let you submit the entry unless the name and email are filled in.
If you have any further problems, please let me know.
Old 28-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy1989 View Post
Hi Jake

Just use the link above in Neal's post to book in. The control tyres will be announced tomorrow and one set of tyres per winter series meeting will be the limit. You need a pit towel or something to cover the pit table and lipo sack to charge in. Other than that the doors open at 10:00am and we will see you Sunday mate.

Cheers
Chris
Cheers Chris - looking forward to it!
Old 28-09-2016

Good man, I don't know if you missed in the original post by Neal about front shock protector is needed also.

Cheers
Chris
Old 28-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy1989 View Post
Good man, I don't know if you missed in the original post by Neal about front shock protector is needed also.

Cheers
Chris
Cheers Chris!

I'm assuming these'll be available on the day - I'll be running a front wing but think the protectors will be required too.

Hoping I've already got whatever the control tyre will be as i don't fancy gluing up a set in the morning!

Cheers
Old 28-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
Received now Alan. you should get a confirmation email.
Old 28-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.jakml View Post
Cheers Chris!

I'm assuming these'll be available on the day - I'll be running a front wing but think the protectors will be required too.

Hoping I've already got whatever the control tyre will be as i don't fancy gluing up a set in the morning!

Cheers
Shock protectors are available on the day mate. Control tyre is going to be the new Schumacher mini dart, but mini pins are ok for round one. It's open front tyre only the rear is control.

Thanks
Chris
Old 28-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

60 entries so far. If you intend to come on Sunday, please book in.
Old 28-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Pre-booked for Winter series Round 1

see separate forum thread for booking in list

Last edited by neallewis; 29-09-2016 at 01:10 PM.