Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 14-02-2007

Default 2wd - The options

Hello all.

Well after learning about the CML Raceway I decided I want to give these quiet things a try, now that there is finally a track that doesn't require me to travel half the country to race at.

Am I right in thinking my options are pretty much limited to Team Losi or AE? I've got time before I purchase (a couple of pre-season rallycross races) and noticed news about a Kyosho 2wd, now that would interest me! last time I seriously touched leccy off-road was in the early 90's where is was AE vs Losi vs Schumacher, and I picked the schumacher side! Hence koysho seems good as it's not one of the ol' enemies, even though they were about at the time!

Anyway any advice as to what to do kit wise. Also whats the score with brushless racing with these? Ideally I'd like brushless but can that be done club level?

Thank you so much for any help!
Old 14-02-2007
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by glypo View Post
Hello all.

Well after learning about the CML Raceway I decided I want to give these quiet things a try, now that there is finally a track that doesn't require me to travel half the country to race at.

Am I right in thinking my options are pretty much limited to Team Losi or AE? I've got time before I purchase (a couple of pre-season rallycross races) and noticed news about a Kyosho 2wd, now that would interest me! last time I seriously touched leccy off-road was in the early 90's where is was AE vs Losi vs Schumacher, and I picked the schumacher side! Hence koysho seems good as it's not one of the ol' enemies, even though they were about at the time!

Anyway any advice as to what to do kit wise. Also whats the score with brushless racing with these? Ideally I'd like brushless but can that be done club level?

Thank you so much for any help!
if your going down the 2wd trail try both, they both have pros and cons
some cars suit one person and others the other
Old 14-02-2007
Mad Member

Hold fire for a few weeks and see if Stu Wood gets a kyosho drive if he does go for the rb5 as it will be dialed when he gets his hands on one. (Or any other top line driver who gets a drive).
Old 15-02-2007

I'll do exactly that then.

I'm fairly lucky in that Marc Knight has a new shop (MK Racing) setup just a few miles off so I have full AE and Losi support. He also stocks everything Kyosho do off-road (rallycross etc) so I assume the same would hold true for this new RB5.

Therefore support isn't an issue which is why I'm finiding this hard. Looks like this kyosho could be good then?

Thanks so much for your help, I'll try and have a play with both the Losi and the AE too if I can......
Old 15-02-2007
Administrator

Hiya Jason, aye wait and see what happens if you can with the Kyosho. There is the X-6 also though it needs a B4 in the first place for the conversion - but a 2nd hand B4 wouldn't be too much.

Oh! and give me a shout when you're online, about the DXR site
Old 15-02-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Id say go for B4 if your coming down this way as most of us run them and can always help with setups and spares.
Old 15-02-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Oh! and give me a shout when you're online, about the DXR site