Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Manor RC Model Car Club (Mansfield)

Old 21-05-2017

Default 4th June

From the 4th of June Manor rc will open its new look of eos carpet and a few other additions along with the new carpet we will also be moving to running 10.5t or slower motors only and control tyres of schumacher mini spikes, shumacher darts and schumacher blocks.

Over the last few weeks many of our members have slowly been switching to 10.5t motors and has brought some close racing and proved that having a big fast motor is not always the way to go as many weeks it has been the 10.5t motors and above that have topped the podium.

so if you want to come and try some close racing pop on down
Old 21-05-2017

Is it going to be a 10.5 motor in all classes ?
And what is the controlled tyre for the fronts ?
Old 24-05-2017

control tyre racing is good as far as im concerned, you should however only allow 1 set per meeting to keep the costs down. As for 10.5 motors, mmm, I'm not sure this will help, I run 7.5 2wd and 6.5 4wd. I can see why you guys want to do this, it is to prolong the life of the carpet. What I would suggest is, teaching your drivers discipline, by that I mean, when they are up against a track marker they don't power up and burn the carpet which is were damage to the carpet comes in, you will get the same problem no matter what motor you run. modern 10.5 motors with the correct settings and boost will also cause damage, maybe you should look at 10.5 or lower blinky class for buggies? Just saying.

Craig. control tyre rule normally applies to rear axle only unless its worksop
Old 24-05-2017

Default 4th

cut staggers front and yes 10.5t or slower in all classes I run 2wd and 4wd and have switched to 10.5t in both cars and feel it no detriment to the racing if anything it now produces closer racing.