Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 04-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy View Post
Not really sure what you want me to say wil, where you raced at the weekend is light years from our little village hall.

Maybe we can have a chat on wends night regards what you lot are saying and maybe i am geting to old to help run the club anymore and maybe it needs some younger people to take charge, not me throwing dummy out of pram just fact i think i am geting older and maybe i just want to take things a bit easier, we will see as don,t want to post any more on this subject as rather talk to a face.

Regards currant FORCC chairman Alan.
Sorry Alan, i think i my message came across a little different from what i thought it would . Was just saying that tires used on carpet aren't completely useless once slick as some people may think.
Only problem with the current surface is that full spikes is the only tyre that does work which isnt a problem, just the quality of them isnt as great as they used to be, anyway im gonna have a pop a 2wd, then its only the rear tyres
Old 04-04-2011

if everyone at the club is happy the way it is then fair play its just good to see how ideas are meet with all the bad points about it before talking about what we could change to help people and try them.....
Old 04-04-2011
Mad Member

I think the tyre quality isn't helping Jamie - and I know everyone isn't happy. The old saying about keeping everyone happy all of the time.......

Part of the problem is that other ideas could be trialled, if only it wasn't left to the few to sort it all out and carry out the responsibility for it each and every week.

As Crewie said, those that do, have enough to do already........
Old 04-04-2011

its not the tyers thats the problem we just talked about getting some carpet to give us a different surface and a new challenge to drive on and people just dont want to think about it the idear was to get outher people involved in the track building but when idears are meet with this much negativity whats the point..............
Old 05-04-2011
Mad Member

I think you'll find it's more frustration than negativity.

We're all up for seeing the club evolve and succeed - but to do so it can't all be left to the same few faces to do everything.

It's the same problem every time - people want this, and people want that, and yet no-one wants to stand up and say "I'll do that".

As Alan said perhaps this is better discussed tomorrow night and over the coming weeks rather than cutting it dead here.
Old 05-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This is a very interesting thread.

I used to race at FORCC a lot, I chose not to race there as I didn't get on with the surface. It was very much like hard work for me. It's a great club though.
I do think there is an issue with tyre quality at the moment. I have heard many racers complain about this. And this is with all Schumacher tyres.

There is no easy answer, yes more people should help put the track away! Shame on you that don't!!! You wana race, you show up and the track is ready, you race then go home and leave it to others to clear away!!! This is WRONG!!!!!

I prefer carpet to slippery floor, and have found the mini spike to be the better choice at the moment.

I am desperate for mid week racing around where I live! If you had a carpet track I would come race!

The only other answer is to get a venue where you don't have to put the track away
Old 05-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
The only other answer is to get a venue where you don't have to put the track away
First thing on the list Dave when I win the lottery

Thanks for your input - interesting to hear that it's not just us with tyre quality issues. The set I'm running at the moment - some spikes have all but gone whereas others have barely worn! Very odd.
Old 05-04-2011
Mad Member

James had a set that the spikes wore on one side of the tyre and not the other they were like an egg lol
Old 05-04-2011

So surely we should be talking to schumacher about their tyres!!! rather than getting all aggy on here and changing stuff at the club where things have ran so well for so many years!
Old 05-04-2011
Mad Member

So is the whole problem a quality control issue caused by Schumacher rather than an increase in wear due to ESC's etc?

Has anyone contacted Schumacher to see what they have to say?

Edit - great minds think alike Martin!
Old 05-04-2011
Mad Member

I always thought the club was inundated with help at the end of the night.
Apart from Elliot who stands there throwing balls of tape with the children! Lol!
Who's slinking off?
I even see people that don't race helping like Tony
Scott Dixon helps and he hasn't been in the A or B yet
If you need more help maybe we should have a meeting this week and no racing......I am up for that
Or maybe a simple register of drivers helping instead of bellowing would be more friendly ? If your not there then you loose your times. What do you think?
I would be up for helping with the track setup but don't want to be slagged off when it's not to someones liking ( that's happened before remember it's a small hall with lots of places you can't see in the pits but I can hear lol) so that makes me reluctant to get involved
Cheers
But I love the club as it is so don't get me wrong!
Old 05-04-2011
Mad Member

There's plenty of people of regularly race in the top 2 heats Scott who have never seen the underside of the stage.....

And yes we do get a few that don't race that help - point is they shouldn't have to! There's at least 16 drivers that should be putting the track away, and that doesn't just mean dragging the odd tyre before discussing their last race, it actually means putting the track away, under the stage, in its correct place.

We don't want (and there shouldn't be the need) to run the club like a bunch of nazis and an "us and them" attitude. Everyone should be doing their bit to contribute at whatever level you compete.
Old 05-04-2011
Mad Member

I did my clubs track often on my own that's why we shut!
Well then Dave I hold my hands up and say that I have only been under there once and didn't have a clue what order to pack it so have alleys left it to the experts.
Old 05-04-2011

Jamie please do not get me wrong on this i do not think your idear is crap and should be thrown out before you have had a chance to talk to us lot about it i just do not think i can give it the time it needs on this forum and as a club member you should have the wright to have your say.

I promise i will be talking to you in depth on wends regards your idears and anybody else who has some idears to put forward.

The club runs fairly smooth most of the time but from time to time we have things like this pop up but trust me boys and girls i love you all as without you there is no club and thats the last thing any of us want.

Regards, had a better day at work Alan
Old 05-04-2011

like the one on the left side dave maybe a little smaller
Old 05-04-2011

Might not be this week but I will see what I can come up with. Im sure with what we have something similar can be achieved. Would deffo have to be on a slower bit of track as you said.
Old 06-04-2011
Mad Member

Elliot knows I am trying to wind him up lol

One way to lengthen tyre life is to get rid of the carpet sections completely
As it's this that wears them fast ,not the floor!

Dave, astro is no more likely to move on the floor than carpet is.
Cheers seeyou tonight
Old 07-04-2011

put more chalk down make it really slippery, go back to mabuchi 540, tyres will last 5 years
Old 07-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Shock oil works good
Old 08-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to gddevey1012 Send a message via Skype™ to gddevey1012

Hi Guys

I have been watching this thread with some interest but up until now decided not to say too much,

I just think the whole situation is blown completely out of proportion on this thread, Alan and the team work hard and yes as you say it may be time to look at new ideas but i feel that from what i have seen and my involvement with running other clubs that the loss of alan and his team would mean a VERY big backward step.

I have really enjoyed racing at faversham over the winter and would be a shame to see a club with so many youngsters comming through the ranks die off.

Now the subject of tyre wear is simple for those who want to go fast and have their boost ramped up to the maximum you have to accept that the tyres will wear quicker, for those who are happy to run a stock speedo or no boost and go slower you will save your tyres SIMPLES

So to those who say make it manditory that all boost is turned off i ask who will police this as time is tight enough as it is let alone doing scruiteneering after each heat.

I say you make your own magic and with that in mind you have to accept that to go fast you will wear your tyres out, i ran my mini pins following maratime for a fortnight and loved it but found that sadly i was never going to be quick enough to even keep up with the guys in my heat let alone the better racers. so back to full spikes for me, one thing i can say is this i have used my set of full spikes with NO boost on the speedo for nearly 2 months and only now are they starting to die off.

Slate me if you like but thats my opinion i will just go back to my nitro hole now LMAO

Proud Member of the Xtreme-Rc Race team