Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 26-01-2016

Default Yokomo YZ4 to go with my YZ2

I have a YZ2 which I love but the temptation to get a YZ4 is creaping over me. My outdoor club is using more and more 4wd buggies especially during the winter and a new club I've just been to who run indoors are mainly 4wd.

I'd wanna keep the YZ2 especially for the summer but what are people's thoughts on swapping between 2wd and 4wd? This will be my first 4wd buggy if I get it so how can I expect the difference between the cars to feel?

With that question in mind what tyres do people recommend for indoors and out on 4wd

I use currently on the 2wd yellow stagger or cut staggers on the front if I'm indoor or out. On the rear yellow mini pins for indoors or outdoors generally yellow mini spikes and ballistic greens if wet.
Old 26-01-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just buy it!
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 27-01-2016

Lol thanks Neal

Any advice on tyres though ?
Old 27-01-2016
Mad Member

Minipins in the rear, wide staggers in the front. If you are going to run other wheels than Yokomo, the reverse-threaded left front axle Z4-010FAL should be on your list. I've seen B-Max4IIIs loose their left front wheels after braking as too much play in e.g. Schumacher wheels would cause the normal wheel nut to loosen.
Old 27-01-2016

Thanks Mes. Is that mini pins outdoors also?
Old 27-01-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tyre choice is track surface dependant. generally here in the UK we use Schumacher Yellow minipins indoors, and minispikes outdoors.

On the bmax4iii I found that 2wd minispikes were better stretched on the front wheels rather than the 4wd minispikes. On some high grip track surfaces we use the 2wd cut stagger on cut down front wheels.

In the wet, Schumacher greens or silvers, or balistic buggies greens.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 29-01-2016

Well I have my YZ4 now so let the fun begin! 😀