Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 08-07-2014
oOple Advertiser

Default Kyosho ZX6 4wd Set Ups

Post your set ups here guys

Old 15-07-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

So after a few hours of running this is what I've settled on for a starting setup, was certainly very confidence inspiring at Kidderminster.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...nster20140713/

The only thing missing was mention of tire cutting, Arno has now modified the sheet to cover this

I ran outer rows off the front and rear and inner row off the fronts which where the normal 4wd width fronts.

Let me know what you think
Old 15-07-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
So after a few hours of running this is what I've settled on for a starting setup, was certainly very confidence inspiring at Kidderminster.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...nster20140713/

The only thing missing was mention of tire cutting, Arno has now modified the sheet to cover this

I ran outer rows off the front and rear and inner row off the fronts which where the normal 4wd width fronts.

Let me know what you think
Roger - you should of at least tried the standard set up and body before doing silly things
Old 15-07-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Kit body would be my preference, can't wait to get it back from the painters ... probably should get around to getting it too the painter actually
Bulldog fits ok, bit short at the front and still looks like a Proline chewing a wasp but couldn't send the pretty young thing out naked could I

I did try the kit setup, it's very lively which some people are really going to like but for me I prefer a safer easier car to go with my lead left thumb
That is particularly the case with the UM571 wide red slipper pad as the ZX6 generates a lot of front end steering under braking compared to ZX5-fs2 and having a faction of extra slip in the front drive train meant I could carry braking deeper in to the corners --- similar to Schumacher's FAB system with the oneway set fairly tight.

I found that the running the links nearer the same length front and rear made the car a lot safer on the edge and also calmed the reaction a little without loosing the ZX6's natural rotation.

It was a very grippy day hence the 3mm under both front and rear inner ball studs, just wanted to pick a wheel up turning in at the left hand end of Kidderminster's straight carrying great apex speed
ZX6 is going to be MIGHTY in slippery conditions with those lowered right down as I believe Tim Taylor proved at Telford on the same day.

Last thing is springs, this car really likes to run balanced springs (the clue is in the box - gold both ends). Every time I went way from a balanced spring (in terms of colours) the car favored the softer end for initial bite, running the same colour both ends gave the car impeccable balance through the corners.

Obviously all the above is based on my preferences for handling and driving style, as I say I know I get on the gas too hard at times and I prefer a car that forgives rather than bites when I get it wrong.
I know plenty of others who like a car on a knife edge and plenty more who fall between the two.

That setup is the result of many many hours of tweaking, try it and let me know what you think (probably too safe for your tastes though mate).
Old 16-07-2014
Mad Member

When will there be a carbon chassis available

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 17-07-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
When will there be a carbon chassis available
Stop stirring Brian
Old 17-07-2014
Mad Member

My Advice as all the team guys will confirm, including Tony, Elliott Mike etc is to build the car to kit and run it. As always kit set up is very very good.
In time when we get to nationals the team can work together to fine tune and find a good base setting!

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 04-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Now I've had a bit more time with the car and run it on several more different tracks and surfaces / conditions I've revised the setup to this

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...entry20140727/

Reasoning for the main changes;

1) slightly shorter front link as for me the car benefited from not having the front hold on to the corner so late. Link length is similar to what Tony has on his setup but moved further out which helps produce a smoother turn in at no loss of mid/exit steering.
2) larger piston holes (standard pistons drilled to 2x1.7) helps on REALLY rutty stuff, if you run on smooth tracks I'd keep the 2x1.6 pistons and go down 50cst in oil instead
3) softer rear spring (back to kit) for similar reasons to changing pistons but also helps with drive out of the corner (not that the ZX6 lacks any of that).

I've also run in the wet now, only setup change was to go to Ballistic Buggy greens all round and removing 2mm from under the inner ball studs both ends and the car was very good indeed

Hope that helps.