Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 22-05-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

I had to send the complete B4 gearbox up to RW end of last week, he should of had it Friday, and after he has had a few emails, he wants to get on with it.

Yeah, I seen the slipper and thought hmmmm, but the reason why I am persuing this route it that all the items are regularly available local and over the internet. I guess you could use a B4 spur, but you would either have to fit it with a sleeve on the inner bore to reduce the bore diameter or ream it open a little, which would stop you being able to use the spur on a B4, plus the pads and springs are freely available. I can't see you LHS carrying DI slipper parts track side.

Also, Jim, as the stock spur is 78 and the 'optional' one in the kit is 85, the B4 spurs seem to fit in nicely.
Old 22-05-2006
Administrator

good stuff.
I'd be interested in looking at this RW mod if they will produce it. Especially with the new white B4 pads the b4 slipper is very good.
Old 22-05-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

I don't have them, are they better than the yellow ones then, if so, in what way?
Old 22-05-2006
Administrator

Yea, they come with the Yokomo BX and im told the part number from AE is the same but they changed to these white ones now..
like I said in the BX review really, they have less friction and provide a more progressive slip rather than stick-slip-stick-slip..
Old 28-05-2006

i just purchased a spur gear adaptor for my DI, its made by a gentleman in assuie land, and lets the DI accept spurs like kimbrogh and kawada. still dont know if im gonna install a slipper or not, i guess i should since im runnin the novak 5.5 BL setup. i dont really plan on racing this car hardcore, but it would be nice to have some protection for the gears. i have already smoked a rear diff (the diff ring slipped on the plastic retainer) and have found a way to modify a set of TA04 out drives to fit,as the stock ones have seriously gouged out where the axle pin rides. i also installed a complete set of DF-02 cvd's and they fit like a glove.this time i played it smart and glued the diff rings to the plastic adaptors(diff housings, in tamiya speak), so i shouldnt have any more trouble with it.
Old 01-06-2006

a few GPM hop-up

http://www.gpmracing.com.hk/car/page/frame_main.html

There is also new Five Star front CF-Alu shock tower avaiblke from RCChamp japan...it costs 3200 yen but Masa says that it looks very nice...
Old 12-06-2006

I've added all the Five Stars and Tobee stuff to my DI website, look like I'll have to add the GPM stuff too

I've also uploaded my interactive setup sheet - woks like any other on the net, just fill it in and print it out

It is made for my style shock towers but should still be ok if you're using the kit towers.
Old 20-06-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender
I've added all the Five Stars and Tobee stuff to my DI website, look like I'll have to add the GPM stuff too

I've also uploaded my interactive setup sheet - woks like any other on the net, just fill it in and print it out

It is made for my style shock towers but should still be ok if you're using the kit towers.
I've been to your website Bender and saw the upgrades. Thanks for putting all that info together it's great help. Where can you purchase those Five Star products. I'm in Toronto, Canada but don't mind ordering and having them shipped.

Thanks
Old 25-06-2006

You can five-stars stuff from www.rc-champ.co.jp or http://www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp/