Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 08-09-2014

Default which 2wd 1/10 buggy for indoor clay + astro tracks?

Hi!

which buggy would you recommend for these specific conditions? for racing only

any suggestion would be appreciated

THE eCAR 2WD l MP9 TKI3 l S350 Evo l MP9E TKI l MBX6 Eco USA l 12R5.2 l SP12X l EMB-1H
Old 08-09-2014

Every person you ask will give you a different answer.
Have a look at this topic http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156236 I think there's another one as this is the 3rd time this question has been asked within the last few weeks.
Old 08-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex97 View Post
Every person you ask will give you a different answer.
Have a look at this topic http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156236 I think there's another one as this is the 3rd time this question has been asked within the last few weeks.
Question has been asked for very different tracks conditions (outdoor grass and an indoor carpet/polished floor). The focus here is indoor clay and astro tracks but thanks

THE eCAR 2WD l MP9 TKI3 l S350 Evo l MP9E TKI l MBX6 Eco USA l 12R5.2 l SP12X l EMB-1H

Last edited by Pulse; 08-09-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-09-2014

Look at the recent Euros run on indoor clay, all the buggies mentioned in the other thread were in the top 2 finals most were running rear motor spec so B5, DEX210, Yokomo BMAX2, Team C T2 Evo, Schumacher SVR etc. I believe some of the younger Nordic drivers were managing the get the B5M to work as well.
Old 08-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting42 View Post
Look at the recent Euros run on indoor clay, all the buggies mentioned in the other thread were in the top 2 finals most were running rear motor spec so B5, DEX210, Yokomo BMAX2, Team C T2 Evo, Schumacher SVR etc. I believe some of the younger Nordic drivers were managing the get the B5M to work as well.
now that's interesting, I expected mid motors to work better in these conditions considering there is less dust indoors generaly

maybe an all rounder like the yokomo bmax2 mr v2 (what a name ) or a SV2 could do the trick for both indoor clay + outdoor astro..

is the Xfactory Cubed a versatile car?

Old 08-09-2014

Quote:
Most of the best drivers went to the rear motor because it was the safe bet. However the 2 Nordic boys proved that mid-motored cars were as fast, if not faster, than rear-motored cars. They looked also way more sure-footed!
I am sure that if people had more track time to try cars, most would had chosen a mid-motored 2wd.

Pulse, as you are looking for a versatile car, able to run on high and low grip, my choice would be a B5M, an X-Cubed, or a Bmax 2 mid, that are obviously really good on grip but also great on low-grip dirt.

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 08-09-2014

If you went for a b5m then google b5m inline, most the yanks set there car up like that for clay. On wet bumpy astro I find the b5m doesn't work as well as other 2wd as the chassis is very stiff and doesn't flex enough, xfactory is making a carbon fibre chassis that might help so I'm thinking about giving that ago when it comes out.
Old 09-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
now that's interesting, I expected mid motors to work better in these conditions considering there is less dust indoors generaly

maybe an all rounder like the yokomo bmax2 mr v2 (what a name ) or a SV2 could do the trick for both indoor clay + outdoor astro..

is the Xfactory Cubed a versatile car?
I was chatting to Kev Lee and he said all the top guys tried the Mid cars but were more consistent or faster with rear motor, it was only the two young Nordic lads who got the mids to work well.

The cubed is an awesome car in low to medium grip. I had one and only got rid of it as I am concentrating on the X6-S front motor variant for high grip.

It goes really well in the USA on clay indoor which is what it was really designed for as well as some great results on carpet in the UK. I would go for the cubed if I was doing what you are asking.

PS You might get killed on high grip astro where cheater cars are the way to go, think KF, Team C TM2, DB conversions and X6-S

Last edited by cutting42; 09-09-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-09-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:

PS You might get killed on high grip astro where cheater cars are the way to go, think KF, Team C TM2, DB conversions and X6-S
To give the opposing view I'm actually quicker over a single lap and qualifying run with my RB6 compared to my forward motor car other than on fast flowing mega high grip tracks.
I've been working hard on the forward motor and run it a lot but still not as good as the RB6 on the latest setup.

I think it all depends how you drive and your preferences.

I believe that if you only want one car then look at a conventional mid motor, although the KF in low grip configuration seems to work better than it should.
Old 09-09-2014

Thanks all for your feedback, I really appreciate it!

I agree if it was for 100% astro I'd choose KF/ TM2/ DB2/ X6cubed in a heartbeat but I'll race on indoor clay only this winter with a bit of training on astro so clay has the priority

a mid motor car with the motor placed in the front of the rear axle should be a good option then, so something like a B5M, RB6, SV2, Bmax2 MR, SRX2 MM..

the only thing is I don't like stiff chassis.. it has to be easy in the bumps and balanced between the front and the rear (I mean no massive steering with lack of rear grip or massive understeer)

to give a comparison I'm driving a MP9 in 1/8 so I'm looking for an easy car, nothing too agressive/ delicate to drive..something SMOOTH I'm quite agressive/fast in my steering inputs so a car that tames my driving a bit would be nice

Old 09-09-2014
No trade access

Definitely not a forward motor if you're heavy on your inputs, FM cars got the speed so you have to be smooth and let it do it's thing.

They can work great on wet astro but you have to be even smoother and I would not run mine on clay or any dirt track except a sugared one.
Old 09-09-2014
Mad Member

If you don't like a stiff chassis, and want a mid motor car, you can run the Schumacher SV2 and use clips instead of screws on the upper deck, or remove clipping altogether, to alter the flex in the chassis.
These changes are very quick and easy to implement, and effective in altering the chassis characteristics.
Old 09-09-2014

Maybe one of these,

http://insidelineracing.co.uk/inside...-motor-buggy-p

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 09-09-2014

thanks for the suggestions!

I'm smooth with the throttle/ brakes but very fast with the steering because I have a 1/12 pan car background.. I tend to turn too early/ touch the inside of the A packs with very nervous cars so I assume a too agressive front end isn't the best for me. When I switched from a JQ (nimble) to a MP9 (planted) in 1/8 for example it really helped.

I already had a SV2 so I know the car very well, but I never tried it on clay. Based on all the feedbacks, I should go with one of these buggies:
- sv2
- tc02
- rb6
- srx2 mm
- bmax2 mr v2
- dex210v2

basically, a mid motor.. now I'll have to pick the good one

does any of these brands have a bad parts support?

Old 09-09-2014
No trade access

If you have a 1/12th background then try a forward motor at your club for a few laps, I think they have things in common.
Old 09-09-2014

I have driven the Yokomo BMax2 for 2 Outdoor seasons and 1 Indoor season and I haven't really broke anything, anything that has broke has easily been replaced from MB Models. As everyone says it is the drivers choice on car but from personal experience the Yokomo is a great car to race on varying tracks and spares back up is brilliant
Vector Racing Concepts
Penguin RC Custom Bodyshells
Old 10-09-2014

+1 for yokomo b max 2 very strong and reliable I had standard car with plastic chassis worked well on damp wet astro /clay but now have full alu chassis so looking to running it on dry astro
Old 10-09-2014

I'm reducing my choice, we are close to the final decision

is there any problem of parts availability with certain brands?

Old 11-09-2014

What about TLR22 2.0 ????
Old 11-09-2014

+1 for the TLR 22 2.0
Awesome!