Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 02-12-2014

Default Which 2wd buggy to run at TORCH?

Hi Everyone, ok this is going to sound like a strange question, planning to come back and have a go at buggy racing again after 20+ years!! I was hoping to come back this year unfortunately this was not to be the case so 2015 is the year.....!!

My local track will be TORCH and I was wondering which cars are popular at the regular club meetings...... I have a very short list of cars shown below in no particular order that i like the look of:
  • Durango DEX210
  • Schumacher KF
  • XRAY XB4 2WD

Any advice on any of the above would be appreciated, also thinking about spares etc. I know I'm going to break something , and I'm sure someone else may break something too..... so being able to share the odd part with others on the odd occasion so as to keep racing for the day is also a consideration, as is set-up advice as it's been a long time since i tried to get one of these buggys around a track

Any advice would be much appreciated, and thanks for your time everyone.....

Gugs
Old 02-12-2014
No trade access

I didn't race at Torch but from your list I would only keep the KF, and I don't run one.
Old 02-12-2014

Default 2wd cars at Torch

My advice is get yourself to the track and look at the cars going round the track,
not many dex 210 at Torch a lot of kf's I run a rb6 but come to the track and see what we are all driving,
There's a new 2wd xray coming soon.
Serpent is a new contender http://www.serpentuk.com/?product=sp...y-srx-2-mm-2wd
There is a lot of choice
Dex 410r
Kyosho MP6E
Kyosho RB6
Schumacher Cougar SV2
Radio Control News Facebook page click link
M B MODELS
Old 02-12-2014
Mad Member

Again not one that's on your list , but id recomend a yokomo bmax2 , its the only one i've kept !! ( don't do 2wd that often ) , and i love mine ,oh and good choice on track , TORCH is the only place to race!
Old 02-12-2014

Hi Guys, thanks for all the comments, looks like the KF is a popular vote......

I'm hoping to get to the track this Sunday so will take a look at what everyone is running then go shopping on Sunday night Dear Santa ......

Thanks guys, your guidance is appreciated

Gugs
Old 02-12-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugs View Post
Hi Everyone, ok this is going to sound like a strange question, planning to come back and have a go at buggy racing again after 20+ years!!
Not a strange question at all. It gets asked every week!
Old 03-12-2014

Never driven one but i'd say over the next few months of winter a Cougar KF might be a bit of a handful in the wet (although they're ace when it's dry).

One of the regulars here who is a consistent A Finalist has a KF and a Cougar SV2 (the mid motor version) and he chose to run his SV2 on Sunday in the damp conditions so it may also be worth considering one of those, they're a better all-rounder as they can still be made to work when the track dries out.

Personally I love my Kyosho RB6 mid motor and right now they're out of fashion so it might be possible to get a good deal even on a brand new kit

Last edited by HOTSHOT III; 03-12-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-12-2014

forgotten about one of the most robust and fastest 2wds out there as well, the tlr 22 2.0. Awsome car in wet and dry (its never gonna be as quick as a kf but Iv been able to get mine as close as!) there currently going for a great price and come with a nice amount of hop up parts out the box.
Moody fools
Richpaint
Gmcc
Old 06-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
forgotten about one of the most robust and fastest 2wds out there as well, the tlr 22 2.0. Awsome car in wet and dry (its never gonna be as quick as a kf but Iv been able to get mine as close as!) there currently going for a great price and come with a nice amount of hop up parts out the box.
2nd that!!! TLR22 2.0 awesome car!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2014

I started at Torch last June with a KF and it's a really good choice there. Yes it's an awesome drive on the astro in the summer but more so because it's a popular car at Torch. The members and committee are all exceptionally friendly, helpful, and generous - so if you break something there's likely to be someone who can lend you a spare part, and if you need some set-up advice they'll be some one with the same car as you more than willing to share a few tips.
Old 23-12-2014

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the comments/advice etc, I managed to get up to TORCH the other weekend, I was only planning to stay for an hour or so and ended up staying the whole day!! What a great club and everyone was really friendly and chatty, had a good chat to Ian regarding the Schumacher KF, thanks for taking the time, also spoke to Tony and Craig regarding the Serpent Spyder..... which wasn't on the list.

Well after several days of research on the inter web i took the plunge and ordered the Serpent.....

Hoping to get the car built over Christmas and then racing in January, I use the term "Racing" in the loose sense, more like bumping from edge to edge with the ultimate aim of actually getting around the track in one piece without taking anyone out in the process

Catch you later

Gugs