Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 27-04-2014

Default Awesome track!

I've noticed a couple of track praising comments in the other thread but I thought it was so good that it deservers a new thread. One for people to comment more fully on what they think and if anything can be improved upon and what they really liked. My thoughts are:-

1. All the hard work has been well worth it and brought Bury back to a standard easily good enough to hold a national.
2. I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting today and am certain to be back regularly.
3. The track flows brilliantly but with just enough technicality to be the perfect balance.
4. The grip level is excellent without being grip-rolly. Part worn and even knackered tyres are fine.
5. It's a shame racing is only scheduled fortnightly as I think there would easily be enough interest in holding races more frequently.
6. The slightly bumpy surface only adds to the experience.

There are a couple of things I'd like to see.

1. There was talk at one time of moving the rostrum back so that the track in the near corners would be more visible especially when stood next to someone using a steer wheel transmitter. I think you could leave the container and just weld the rail a bit further back or just don't build tracks that go too far into the near corners. Also because the floor of the rostrum is 'clinky' I think drivers should me made to stand still until every driver is finished. The humping and bumping of drivers walking behind you when you are trying to finish your last lap is off putting.
2. If possible somehow I really think 10 car heats would be much more suitable because with the large track that it is, a crash in the wrong place and it can take ages to get marshalled.

Thanks today for a great meet held on a great track in great weather.
Old 27-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thank you for the comments.

The fortnightly racing issue will hopefully be resolved soon - its simply a matter of race controllers. Neither Neil nor myself can make every weekend (I couldn't race today for example) so we need to train up a few more. If people are willing to run meetings they can happen every week.

We investigated moving the rostrum but its not easy given that the fencing would need to come down first. There are plans to provide a 'floor' for the rostrum to prevent that 'clinky' sound which believe me is much worse downstairs! That may well coincide with moving the front fence back slightly too.

I suspect you had 8 car heats because thats how I'd left the computer set from last week when there were fewer drivers.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 27-04-2014

Default Thanks 👍

Thank you Mark for the positive feedback.
The track truly is a quality track, a point shared by all comers today. We will certainly be aiming to return Bury to the national scene and it's always good to here national standard drivers praising the clubs progress.

In response to your points.

1. The rostrum has not yet been updated, as the track was voted by most of our members as needing our main focus, which the results show how much effort has been put in.
The floor is a pain and will be looked at, but in the meantime, I concur that I should have reinforced the simple rule of drivers staying still until the conclusion of the race, to limit the disruption to others. We shall certainly ensure this is enforced in future meetings.

2. The computer does select the driver numbers to try and keep them even, but again given the size of the track you are quite right I saying 10 cars would improve marshalling and actually possibly allow us to add another round too!
I will speak to Neil/Simon and the other race controllers re this.

3. The race calendar was set at mostly fortnightly meetings largely due to covering race controller. As with today's meeting, we can add extra meetings, when enough demand/interest is shown and we can confirm a race controller. We will be continuing to do this as the season progresses.

As Gavin has posted on another thread we are still learning how best to use the track, which will mean we only go from strength to strength going forward.

Hope to see you and many more 1/10 drivers looking to test themselves on an excellent north west track soon.

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 27-04-2014

I would also Like to thank bury for a class day. The track was good and the meeting was run well!
I have to agree with mark about people not moving until everyone is finished, the noise and bouncing is hugely off putting.
Keep up the good work guys, we will be back soon.
KF, XB4 2014