Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Silverstone

Old 29-09-2014

Default Notice of club changes

Dear members,

As you're all aware I wanted to step down as club chairman last year. I agreed to stay on as literally nobody came forward wanting to fill the position. I can't help but think this was partly down to only giving a few weeks notice and people wanted longer to think about taking the club on. Everyone knows what this club means to me and the amount of blood, sweat and tears have gone in to it so I need the right people to carry it on. I have even approached a couple of people directly and in confidence who I wanted to pass the job on to and unfortunately they were not keen to take the responsibility on which I fully respect.

So, I am formally giving you 6 months notice to talk amoungst yourselves (by all means approach me with any question) to form a new FULL committee from 01/04/15 if you'd like the club to continue.

EGM date will be announced shortly to discus this topic.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to a mega Winter Series

Matt Owen

Last edited by SRCMCC; 29-09-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 29-09-2014

Default Club Committee question

Hi Matt

Are you suggesting that the entire committee are proposing to step down on 1/4/15 at this moment in time?

Can you list all the positions that will become available to enable people to think about what is going to be needed to be covered so that the club may continue as it is?

Ian
Old 29-09-2014

Hi mate,

Sadly 4 of 6 have replied they won't continue when I step down, still waiting for others to comment.

You'll need these minimum roles..
Chair
Vice Chair
Treasurer
Secretary

As you'll be aware there're more roles, but a lot of people double up which is why I never comment when people ask 'where're the committee members'!
Old 30-09-2014

Matt you have PM
Old 12-02-2015
Mad Member

Exclamation

Evening all

By my calculations there is about 6 weeks until THE boss stands down.

Has anyone given this a thought, is there someone that will step up and run the club.

Or

What do we have to do for Bossman to stay, what commitment do we need to give Him to stay and we help to run the club.

Worst case guys, what will happen WHEN he does stand down, will the club continue , can it run without a team to do so.

IM pretty sure we can discuss this openly on here, it's our club at the end of the day.

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE

Last edited by Ross; 16-02-2015 at 11:08 PM.
Old 13-02-2015
Mad Member

Wow 24 hours and nothing

I have altered my post to say"WHEN" Bossman stands down, I think it's inevitable if WE don't do anything.

I only race once every 3 weeks or so, I would be gutted if we lost the club due to no one wanting to help run the club. Imagine what it would be like if you race every week!!!!!

So, here's an idea that was discussed today. What if we had 2 people that would take control of the Tuesday night racing every 4-5 weeks. So thats 8-10 people that regularly race at the club (that we all love so much) would take control of the night, for set up to pack down. Weather or not you get chance to race will depend on experience I suppose, but after 2 maybe 3 times of doing it things get easier.

I'm sure the boss would love this kind of help

TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 15-02-2015
Mad Member

So nearly 3 days have passed, 143 extra views and nothing.

So, Before the committee put more time in too sorting out who will run the club after Boss man stands down\leaves, do the members WANT the club to carry on, or do we pay for a member ship just so the race entry fee is cheaper each week ?

I know what I want, I want to be able to carry on racing at the best indoor venue we have in the UK. Whether it be a Tuesday evening, Saturday pactice or the awesome winter series that is coming to an end for this year, l hope this won't be the last one we have at Silverstone club.

TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 15-02-2015

Like banging your head against a brick wall lol
Seriously, changes at every club happen all the time even yearly. I don't know where I've failed to the point where people obviously aren't bothered.
Old 15-02-2015
Mad Member

Only just seen your posts Ross...

There is lots going on behind the scenes that could have a few different outcomes which direction the club goes, but currently as far as I know, no one has expressed a interest to take on the position if it does come to Matt stepping down

Paul
Old 15-02-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie stella View Post
Seriously, changes at every club happen all the time even yearly. I don't know where I've failed to the point where people obviously aren't bothered.

I can't see that you have failed, it's a massive job for a regular to step too. Having said that maybe they won't need to if a team of people get together to help

Having said that, the above comment is not having a go at the people that do help regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUpton View Post
Only just seen your posts Ross...

There is lots going on behind the scenes that could have a few different outcomes which direction the club goes, but currently as far as I know, no one has expressed a interest to take on the position if it does come to Matt stepping down

Paul
That's because you are painting too much....or have anew born baby
I can imagine there is stuff going mate, there is always something new happening which is great. The part that concerns me is the no one stepping up part, also the other committee members that will leave as well.

TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 15-02-2015

Firstly, Matt, I really don't think the lack of response here indicates that people aren't bothered.
You should know that everything you have done for the club in the past and anything you may choose to do in the future is greatly appreciated.
I think most members really care very greatly about the future of our club, I know I do.
I had not replied to this post earlier as to my knowledge there are a number of possible scenarios for the future, which makes it complicated, and I would far rather speak face to face with people on this. Its far easier to understand the options, gauge how people really feel and reach a solution that way.
So, I'm eagerly awaiting the next meeting where hopefully we can find a way to spread the load whilst continuing to run the club to the standard that Matt has set and that we have all got used to - best club I've ever known!

Nigel Powell - Schumacher - Silverstone RCMCC
Old 15-02-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
You've created a big pair of boots to fill Matt. Sincerely hope that the club keeps going. Only wish I lived closer to get more involved. Keep up the good work.

See My Feedback

Old 15-02-2015

Matt has indeed set the bar high (along with the rest of the committee) and whilst I like Ross's idea of a selection of teams to take turns running the meetings I'm not sure that it doesn't need a dictator figure to drive things forward.
Old 15-02-2015

There was a meeting last year, people did attend.
There was a bag full of what ifs and a further meeting was scheduled for before Christmas....

Then it all went quiet

The scenario of having pairs of people to run meetings was discussed early last year and Matt did ask a few people and again it all went quiet.

The last I heard Matt was happy and the committee was happy and the whole Matt leaving had gone quiet so what have you heard Ross to start this all up again?

Should we all be fearing for our Tuesday night slot of fun

Regards Ian
Old 16-02-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iang454 View Post
There was a meeting last year, people did attend.
There was a bag full of what ifs and a further meeting was scheduled for before Christmas....

Then it all went quiet

The scenario of having pairs of people to run meetings was discussed early last year and Matt did ask a few people and again it all went quiet.

The last I heard Matt was happy and the committee was happy and the whole Matt leaving had gone quiet so what have you heard Ross to start this all up again?

Should we all be fearing for our Tuesday night slot of fun

Regards Ian
Hi Ian

I've started this up again as there hasn't been an update as to what is happening on the 1/4/2015 and I wanted to know what was happening with the club,the boss and the committee.

I think the above idea with teams of people to run the Tuesday night meetings is an idea that needs pushing forward to help the team that do so much at the moment.

Don't miss understand me, I would like to know what happening before it's too late to do anything about it.

I also appreciate what the present team do for us on a regular Tuesday night :

Ross

TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 16-02-2015

I was under the belief that we were waiting for the answer to the question of where?....... then another EGM would be called...... then discussions on who? and where? could proceed....... Is this not the case?
Old 20-02-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Seriously, changes at every club happen all the time even yearly.
totally understand this, Matt.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 05-05-2015

Hi all, only recently joined the club after 2 decades off, has this issue been resolved? Is there anything I can do to help Matt? I live in Milton Keynes and plan to attend pretty much most weeks, i work shifts sometimes so cant always get to the club in time for doors opening.

Please let me know if there is anything at all i can do

We all require help from time to time so only fair to help out in return.