Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Eden Park Raceway

Old 03-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
broken foot and big air? they sound like a pair of indians!!
how about 2wd?
Kit Jones won, Tony Rubbish shell Evdoka 2nd, Big E 3rd after a bad place to crash when winning final
Old 03-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
I even got Ellis on board, gave him some glue so he is now a Nuclear driver as well!¬!

Everyones at it, Nuclear RC stuff is the business
Old 03-10-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Big air and broken foot Lee haha
Nice one.
Old 04-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
thanks to all at epr for an enjoyable days racing, shame about the wet stuff but I still enjoyed myself
Same here, shame about the rain. Still quite impressed on the strength of the 511 but could be stronger. Great day out.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 04-10-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Drive of the day.....Tony E, your kyosho looked good on the track!!! Shame the shell is kak!!!
Thanks to EPR for even running a meeting today!!!
Eh??
Whats up with the shell?
I think it looks lovely.......
pic here so you can re-evaluade!!!!

Thanks EPR - weather or not, another great day.....

Old 04-10-2010

Good days racing, some rear traction would have been nice but the XX was only 5 places away from the A final

Next time ill have my secret weapon to hand
Old 04-10-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Same here, shame about the rain..... Great day out.
Aw c'mon guys give us a bit of a break
After two long work party's by the regular EPR crew (thanks guys, you know who you are!) we think the track looked great for this time of year
An innovative track lay-out by our guest track designer (thanks Gnarly, that's one less thing for us to think about! Maybe we should have a guest layout designer for each meeting? Any thoughts!)

And despite some very heavy weather the previous day/night and a very poor forecast for race day we still provided unlimited practise, three rounds of qualifying and one final for everybody before we had to call it a day due to safety concerns and equipment failure

Maybe with hindsight and the same weather forecasting facilities available to the F1 teams (!) we may have been able to call a rain delay as it was a lovely afternoon after you'd all gone and we had packed up!
But hopefully a slighter earlier finish was appreciated by our more well travelled entrants, thanks for coming David!

Here's hoping for more favourable conditions at our next one, the date for your diaries is Sunday 07 November

EPR Committee
Old 04-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I must say it was a great days racing and the epr crew did an awesome job with the track and to get away early was an even bigger bonus. Thoroughly enjoyed, the track, the company, the hospitality and the racing, you cant ask for more than that Well done boys, despite the 6 hour round trip, I will be back for another, thanks
Old 04-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam View Post
Good days racing, some rear traction would have been nice but the XX was only 5 places away from the A final

Next time ill have my secret weapon to hand
Another XX doing well at EPR awesome!
Old 05-10-2010

Of topic but whats the general "rule" on people lapping you. Pull over and let them pass? Its not racing if you let them pass on purpose I think
Old 05-10-2010
Mad Member

Results are now online through the link on www.edenparkraceway.com
Old 05-10-2010

I Had a fun day, first race in a 4wd buggy (3rd ever race off of carpet)

if i hednt of died (better waterproffing in future) would have won the B Final and even my stock ish slash did well

love the track, i felt it 'rubbered in' as the day went, had lots more grip in the final

will be back in nov, hopefully with my new sc10 to replace the slash

keep up the good work and thanks for a good day

Ian
Old 05-10-2010

Default Noobie

Hi guys

Hope I'm posting this in the right thread, but I too came along to the winter warmer just gone, and thought the track the people and the general vibe there were all really good. As an unknown person who came along to watch with a view to hopefully joining up at EPR in the not so distant future, was made to feel welcome and had a good little chat with a couple of guys there (hence know about this site and thread).

My other reason though for writing here, is more for some advice around which car I should get to race with at the EPR, have got a 1/10th and 1/8th set up, which am currently trying to flog on ebay so I can invest in a better competition buggy. (have a hopped up 2wd slash coming this week which will cover me in the short course class, but would like a 2wd buggy as well).

Steve was saying that most of you guys run the b4 or the b4.1 and have been doing me research since race day. Like the look of the b4.1 factory team kit, however may have to go for the RTR version, as don't think will have too much funds left to invest in the electrics after . however torn as am guessing that all the upgraded hopped up parts in the factory team version are ones that i'm ultimately going to need.....oh the dilemma

Other than the b4 and b4.1's are there any cars you guys would recommend?

Many thanks all
Old 05-10-2010

Well there are a few cars on the market for 2wd, and I race the b4 which is a very easy car to setup and drive. The spares car quite cheap, but the over cars on the market are inboard motors. Maybe might be worth asking down at the track to have a go of one to see if you like it?
Old 05-10-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobie View Post
My other reason though for writing here, is more for some advice around which car I should get to race with at the EPR, have got a 1/10th and 1/8th set up, which am currently trying to flog on ebay so I can invest in a better competition buggy. (have a hopped up 2wd slash coming this week which will cover me in the short course class, but would like a 2wd buggy as well).

Steve was saying that most of you guys run the b4 or the b4.1 and have been doing me research since race day. Like the look of the b4.1 factory team kit, however may have to go for the RTR version, as don't think will have too much funds left to invest in the electrics after . however torn as am guessing that all the upgraded hopped up parts in the factory team version are ones that i'm ultimately going to need.....oh the dilemma

Other than the b4 and b4.1's are there any cars you guys would recommend?
There are some very good RTR models out there that with a few subtle mods, can work really well. Dependent upon your budget, you can buy an RTR model with brushless motor/speedo and 2.4GHz radio.

The B4.1 is an evolution of the successful B4 and so you may be able to pick up the older model at a good price. The majority of the parts are interchangeable and with a good club allegiance to the Associated brand, spares trackside are not an issue.

Other cars to consider of course are the Schumacher Cougar SV, Losi XXX-CR, Tamiya TRF201, Kyosho RB5, X Factory X-6...

My suggestion would be to keep an eye on the For Sale section here and maybe pick up a used example with some spares that should leave you some money to buy the radio equipment, etc.
Old 05-10-2010

thanks for the responses guys think my budget all in should be around the 200 mark,so the b4.1 all in fits perfectly, of course need my other cars to sell 1st tho :/

Really like the look of the cougar, budget tho constrains me a tad, will have a gander at the others you mentiond tho, cheers.
Old 05-10-2010
Mad Member

As others have said, unlike in recent years, there's now an increasing choice in the 2WD market.

One of the best new deals at the mo is this one:

http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_in...oducts_id=7459

which, if you want to go mid-motored at a later stage you can always convert into the proven:

http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_in...oducts_id=7459

However, if you're on a budget, and yours is more than reasonable, as well as the For Sale section on here there are often EPR members that have equipment (radio etc., as well as buggies) for sale which we may know the history of (always advisable!) and can advise you on.
Always best to ask locally first and foremost both for recommendations and availability.
Old 05-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

that is an absolute bargain
Old 05-10-2010

hi guys,
now the nitro racing is over for the year we will be back to epo!!!looking forward to the next round as its been along time since we have raced at the club and also looking forward to meeting up with old friends.
ed and les
Old 05-10-2010

As I'm going to be concentrating on Short Course this winter (Outlaw baby!) My B4.1 might be for sale noobie. This is the wrong thread really, so PM me for details!

p.s. I loved the track layout.. I thought it was fun to drive, easy to marshall and the lap times were about right too. I'd vote to run that layout again, if only for the twin table tops
Tamiya
HPI Racing