Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > DMS Model Car Club - Watford

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmjp View Post
Well jay regards to things being unsafe is a little silly really you chose to pit were you did an did nothing but moan about all day, but on the other hand people that live glass house shouldn't throw stone an look at there own behaviour first, regards to marshalling as a top driver if you didn't crash you wouldn't need marshalling mate.
Whilst on the subject of behaviour I watched a seasoned sponsored racer a regular at dms I believe not give way in qualifying then when nudged wide he proceeded to wipe the other driver out.
Old 03-06-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Brewer View Post
I don't
Sure you are.
Old 03-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby View Post
Sure you are.
It's true
Old 03-06-2013

To Darren, well done on hosting the meeting yesterday, you worked tirelessly all day to offer a meeting for all competing in the mid south regional series.
I enjoyed myself after working hard to get the car round the track it was a nice surprise to sneak in the A.
My son too worked hard and finished 2nd in the B. All in all on the way home we were quite chirpy.
I made a comment to you regards the language being spouted in the A final by only one individual. No one else to my knowledge commented or retaliated to what was being said on the rostrum during the race. I remember a team mate of the aforementioned culprit agreeing with me that it was one person and one person alone. After you spoke to them there was no further comments so well done on policing that matter.

To DMJP... what can i say.... what a ridiculous comment about where we pitted. If your memory allows you to remember yesterday you will note that there was little room to piit anywhere once the 100 odd drivers had turned up and dispatched their boot full of equipment. So to make a comment about not pitting in the right place is just down right stupid and doesn't justify further comment.

Someone earlier made a comment that perhaps we have referees... well no one wants to do it... so like at a national after the offer is put forward regarding who wants to do it... and no one volunteers the race director selects 3 or 4 drivers and they each work through the heats. Simples. If work needs to be done on their car then it's their responsibilty to get some one to referee with the acknowledgement of the RD.

I look forward to the responses from this...

Darren once again well done with the equipment and premises you have to offer.
Mark
Old 03-06-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlucas View Post
Whilst on the subject of behaviour I watched a seasoned sponsored racer a regular at dms I believe not give way in qualifying then when nudged wide he proceeded to wipe the other driver out.
With all respect, not sure who you are referring to (could even be me for all I know, since there are not that many "sponsored" drivers at our club), but why do you need to mention "a regular at dms" does it make a difference where a driver races at if he takes someone out then?

To be honest, from the very first post onwards this whole thread is a complete joke, with too many big "egos" all too keen to hammer their keys on their keyboards, yet while at the track yesterday no-one had the balls to come up and say anything if they saw anything wrong or had a query. Even to be fair to Jay (who screamed and shouted at me from afar when hit by the crashing car) I am not sure I would have not been p***** off if a car barrel rolled into me, BUT there are ways to handle things and hurling abuse at the race director don't solve anything, a quiet word after the first car of the day tumbled that way would have been all it took to get the crash mat out that we did.

As Rob posted on one of the earlier pages, I gave up a 10 hour day (almost solid bar racing 5 times - did not even practice in the open), not to mention 3 hours on Friday night doing the booking in from midnight (when it closed) to almost 3am and almost 5 hours on Saturday setting up the venue, building the track (and rostrum) and getting the place ready and I will say now, I wont do it again.......

If it had of rained yesterday everyone would have been overjoyed to be indoors, but since it was beautiful outside everyone started on a downer. Yes we had issues, the cars crashing at the end of the straight was bad but the second I was alerted we put measures in place against it, the track was actually 5 metres wide at that point and 4 metres all along the short bust up to the race control bend, yet we have raced at tracks already this year in the regionals that were just over 2 metres in places. I ensured the track on saturday was "at least" 3 meters in every part, then I read complaints the lap was short and "sub standard". If you had of all wanted a 18-20 sec lap it really would have been no trouble to make it just 2m wide........

There are then comments both here and on facebook that it was too flat and a "touring car track" some by people, with genuine opinions and some by idiots who were not even present who simply like to stir up the sh**, yet when we built a track last year with large jumps, we were made to take them down by the regional rep as they were too big and dangerous(!!), hence we opted for the table top with single, jump into ripple section and corner table top and the varied surfaces. We cannot win...... If we had of added more jumps, with carpet all overlapping and badly laid, not taped down properly and inconsistent we would have been accused of making it an assault course and not a race track.

People have said the end of the straight should not have had a bench at the end which breaks cars, lets be clear here, the crash/mistake/error or whatever, is what causes the car to break, if we had of run the track right up to the end it would have been a wall it hit!! Besides at Silverstone (not knocking you guys here) we had a metal railing which also broke several cars when "they" crashed and hit it (mine was one of them but that was "my" fault), whats the difference?

As for the comments by Robby involving marshals and what not, I want to distance our club from these, Robby is entitled to his opinion but these comments are not about our club and not to be confused with us before we get tarred with them.

The OP starts by accusing me (by posting in our club section about our meetings which I run on my own) of being biased towards the higher heats, yet I have not seen a single comment yet by ANYONE to say that my commentating was any more biased towards the higher heats than those at the bottom, the fact that this poster is a member of the club, makes it even worse for me. This whole thread has now erupted through these false accusations and I hope he is really proud of himself.

To all those who have text me, PM'd me, called me and even facebook messaged me with thanks and support for both the meeting, the way it was run and just general words of a more positive nature, thankyou (you know who you all are) but as ever the small minority who like to moan and groan have ruined it for the majority and I can vouch as I said above that you wont catch me doing it all again.....

Right 10:00pm time to go home from work for some family time!!!
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 03-06-2013

As stated before I posted in 3 sections and 2 were removed by oople, I only did that for maximum coverage for people to see my point and not to create this.

I will say again it was not aimed

I did make a suggestion the quiet way at the end of the race and was answered in an insulting manner, which I did not appreciate.
I didn't make a deal of it I left it and walked away
Old 03-06-2013

Default heat of the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mughal View Post
As stated before I posted in 3 sections and 2 were removed by oople, I only did that for maximum coverage for people to see my point and not to create this.

I did make a suggestion the quiet way at the end of the race and was answered in an insulting manner, which I did not appreciate.

guys listen i apreciate all of your comments and opinions and dont want to take sides in anyways but in the heat of the moment things can get taken the wrong way or be misconstrued and in this thread alot of that has gone on ,yeah there was a few things that should not of happened but that happens in life in general, i think we need to force the lid back on to this can of worms that has been opened and move on before it gets out of hand if it hasnt already.There are far more important things happening in the world than rc racing just ask the family of drummer lee rigby for example
Old 03-06-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Gentlemen... I wasn't at DMS so can't comment on anything to do with this thread, except... Robby is an American, with an American IP address.
Thankfully his "marshaling" skills won't be needed at any of our regionals.
Old 03-06-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mughal View Post

I didn't make a deal of it I left it and walked away
Sorry, load of rubbish and you know it.
Old 03-06-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Gentlemen... I wasn't at DMS so can't comment on anything to do with this thread, except... Robby is an American, with an American IP address.
Thanks for clarifying COL,

Sorry the thread even exists, I did not asked to be kicked in the teeth for running a race meeting
Old 03-06-2013

Default Bang out of order!!!!!

I really can't believe what I have read on the thread. I think it is completely disgusting and way below the belt what people including a club member has said with regards to yesterdays regional and the race controller aka Darren. Completely unnecessary and damn right rude. No need. Why not next time you run a meeting? Thought not!

Please add any feedback here.......

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...861#post482861

Last edited by enfieldbanana; 03-06-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Too much waffle
Old 03-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2013

someone changed their post so can't comment on their unjustified unqualified post

Last edited by masons01; 03-06-2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Enfield banana changed his post
Old 03-06-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Being a race director is a thankless task and you get very little praise for it and the pressure is all on you.

I love the pressure and like the rewards it brings. If that means me doing no work to my car, then so be it. I ended up last in my final at Surrey due to my T/X going flat half way through as I forgot to turn it off after leaving it on to run the meeting!

SHRCCC got some negative feedback via facebook online after our regional and I confronted those who gave it, once they gave me calm, educated reasonings for their one liners, you can take it on board and deal with it. What some people might not know is the Surrey & Hants club is barely two years old and it was only its third regional, we've learnt and changed things already for club meetings.

I have already stated that I think Darren's mic work was very good in the heats and ALL finals (op's main gripe i think?) if you could hear him over my egging on fellow SHRCCC DRIVERS, also I told him in practice about a faulty up ramp catching cars, and they fixed it. When the meeting started the timings ran well also.
Old 04-06-2013
Banned

Quote:
Except I come over twice a year and race, have been for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
Being a race director is a thankless task and you get very little praise for it and the pressure is all on you.

I love the pressure and like the rewards it brings. If that means me doing no work to my car, then so be it. I ended up last in my final at Surrey due to my T/X going flat half way through as I forgot to turn it off after leaving it on to run the meeting!

SHRCCC got some negative feedback via facebook online after our regional and I confronted those who gave it, once they gave me calm, educated reasonings for their one liners, you can take it on board and deal with it. What some people might not know is the Surrey & Hants club is barely two years old and it was only its third regional, we've learnt and changed things already for club meetings.

I have already stated that I think Darren's mic work was very good in the heats and ALL finals (op's main gripe i think?) if you could hear him over my egging on fellow SHRCCC DRIVERS, also I told him in practice about a faulty up ramp catching cars, and they fixed it. When the meeting started the timings ran well also.

As I said before, the people that seem to complain about things aren't the ones that want to step up and help those that are running the show.
Old 04-06-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby View Post
Except I come over twice a year and race, have been for years.
Lets hope you are still welcome!
Old 04-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Lets hope you are still welcome!
Doubt it lol
Old 04-06-2013

Default Enough

Gents,

I don’t do many regional's but my over all experience with my 8 year old son was of a well run event and a very enjoyable day. From where this OP started and what it has resulted in is a joke and should be removed !
It is good to see a number of Committee members from the other Mid South region clubs commending Darren and DMS on the event his hard work.

Keep up the good work Darren !
Old 04-06-2013

Darren did a great job to be fair. Running th emeeting is hard work, also being on the committee is also no walk in the park when its your club hosting the meeting.

I really enjoyed myself so thanks for all for that.

As said in an earlier post, we ALL need to learn from each meeting to make them better for next year.

Great job and thanks, oh, and got some Kyosho spares next time
Old 05-06-2013
Super Moderator

Have been asked by Sam to clarify that this thread was originally posted in 3 sections which it was, i did indeed remove 2 of the posts as i felt 3 identical threads were not needed, i simply searched Sam's post history & deleted the first 2 i came to leaving this one, it wasn't done as a direct act against DMS & Darren if you would like this thread to be removed then please pm me & i will do that for you
Cheers all
Gainsy
Closed Thread