Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 31-07-2014

Default 2wd & 4wd in 2015

Not sure about others but personally speaking, doing two classes in one day this season has become too much of a rush (especially since the meetings have been six heats in total more recently)....

Six heats - race in two, marshall in two & queue up for half of the other two

Looking ahead to next season is this arrangement going to continue? It worked last year with the short course and/or extra heats allowing time to charge/fix/adjust the cars but this year it's just too much for a chump like me...

If numbers allow I'd like it if we held them on separate days in 2015 although I know there's a lot of things to consider
Old 31-07-2014

I agree it is hard work doing 2 classes however I prefer doing in one day rather than taking up another Sunday as well as travelling to the same venue twice, just my 2p
Old 31-07-2014

There are plus and minus points. Also the S/C class for this year had 5 entries for round 1, no one entered round 2 and so that is why I done away with it.
Plus point for having 2wd and 4wd on different days, we could almost say there would be 4 rounds of qualifying and 3 leg finals for all finals no matter what, and have a later start to the day and more time in between rounds. The host club could receive more funds as more people may choose to do both classes and so possibly a bigger entry?
Minus points would be double the travel for the people doing both classes. The host club may have to pay more for rent, helpers, food etc.
The main thing is that at the moment our Region is just not big enough to split the classes, I think the North West or East is the only other Region to do both classes on the same day. We might also only gain a few more people doing both classes and so at the moment we have 6 heats (on average), if we end up with only say 4 heats on a 2wd day and 4wd day then you will still have to race/marshall and then still only have 2 clear heats for work before the next round starts, or the day could be dragged out with more time between rounds.

That said the point is noted and will be raised at the AGM.
Old 31-07-2014

The other thing to consider is the clubs. They have their own championships and trophy meetings, fun days etc. 7weekends of a limited summer (2014 the exception) IMO is a lot of dates. If you drop as far as 4, that's still 8 weekends with two classes seperated

Regionals should compliment the club racing, not detract from it.

I would like to see an earlier 1st heat. That would offer some breathing space at the end of each round.
Old 01-08-2014

Cheers for the input guys.

As I said just my thoughts & certainly not trying to 'upset the apple cart'.

Sounds like I'm on my own here but whatever is best for the region to grow. I'll just carry on slipping down the finals. Has everybody else got better or am I just getting worse
Old 01-08-2014

i agree with chesty that 2 classes on one day is too much . i would do both if they where on seperate days . some regions have had 3 rounds of each another option would be to have seperate 2/4wd regionals but hold a open class for the other class ie 2wd regional with a 4wd open class this may bump up the amount of heats making it more viable we could have a seperate class for ben h where he has to use 3 wheels on his chosen class.
Old 01-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighty View Post
i agree with chesty that 2 classes on one day is too much . i would do both if they where on seperate days . some regions have had 3 rounds of each another option would be to have seperate 2/4wd regionals but hold a open class for the other class ie 2wd regional with a 4wd open class this may bump up the amount of heats making it more viable we could have a seperate class for ben h where he has to use 3 wheels on his chosen class.
Oh no! Help! I am finding myself agreeing with you. Must be time for the weekend!

If they were to be split, i'd like to see:
  • 4 Rounds for each class (Maximum)
  • Different track for each round
  • 3 from 4 rounds to count (to remove too many draw scores)
  • If the calendar permits, a rotation of schedule at each track. (Will encourage attendance of open class - i.e Track A hosts 2WD then 4WD Track B, 4WD then 2WD)
  • Start the calendar much earlier (March) and make use of the all weather facilities.

As for a 3 wheel class - G-Speed would enter and I would lose!
Old 01-08-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesty View Post

Sounds like I'm on my own here
Your not on your own Ben, I wanted to run both classes this year, but with the reasons you've already said, plus a bit of referring, it's been too hard to try it.
Old 01-08-2014
Mad Member

It would be interesting to see how many of those drivers that only do one class would either;
buy a second car to race in the opposite class,
or
would support an open class that is run along side the regional,

should the classes be split over different weekends.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 01-08-2014

Could get interesting, 1st explain to the wife that I'm buying yet another buggy then tell her I won't see her until around October

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 01-08-2014

I would do both classes if they were split. I stopped doing 4wd because i didn't want to run around all day. Carl and me have both been recently talking/deciding which class we will each do next year.
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 05-08-2014

@Simon: 4wd next year - much more fun!