Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 11-05-2017

Default Best Cheap Stick Transmitter

I am currently looking to purchase my son a cheap stick transmitter and receiver set. He currently uses a Sanwa Gemini X Transmitter which needs replacing.

I was looking at the Core CR151 transmitter and receiver. Are these any good? Or does anyone use one and can give me some feedback please?

Is there any other brands of stick transmitters out there, which are not expensive and come recommended?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2017

Whats wring with the gemini x
Old 12-05-2017

I'm having the same conversation on another thread about the etronix, code (same tranny) or looking at futaba t4grs as next best but price difference is quite big 70 quid against 260 quid, or for sticks Sanwa and ko are 500 quid!! seem to have similar features only difference seems to be feel, materials and no one can tell me difference between response times for me to make a decision as to whether worth the extra cost, bit lost really.
Schumacher Cat K2
Schumacher KF2
Tamiya DF03 Dark Impact
Tamiya TB04
Vintage Tamiya TL01 Baja Champ
Vintage Tamiya Striker
Old 12-05-2017

Also if you have an etronix buy the core rx's as exactly the same but nearly 10 quid cheaper!
Schumacher Cat K2
Schumacher KF2
Tamiya DF03 Dark Impact
Tamiya TB04
Vintage Tamiya TL01 Baja Champ
Vintage Tamiya Striker
Old 12-05-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Buy a second hand Sanwa ExzesX or Z. you can get them for £150 in receiver. Also look for Sanwa GeminiX.
KO Espririt 3 are also great.

Nothing wrong with second hand if well looked after.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-05-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Buy a second hand Sanwa ExzesX or Z. you can get them for £150 in receiver. Also look for Sanwa GeminiX.
KO Espririt 3 are also great.

Nothing wrong with second hand if well looked after.
I wish the z was 150 quid

My lads use a code and etronix both perfectly good for beginners
Old 13-05-2017
Mad Member

Ive got a Sanwa Gemini 2.4 GHz with lipo and receiver, never missed a beat. Selling due to my daughter giving up racing. Please dont buy the code or cheap version, theyve got terrible lag, it wont help anybody learn to drive. PM me if interested.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 13-05-2017
Mad Member

No lag on the ones we've got
Old 13-05-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
No lag on the ones we've got
You just don't see it, but i assure you the lag is there. believe me and anyone else who confirms it, the are terrible and wont help a beginner learn to drive well. Once you have tried a decent radio, you'll not be able to use the code/etronix again, or you'll understand why you keep crashing or not improving. I know you think your bargain choice is a good one, and maybe it is for your budget, but please don't think its the same as a more expensive radio.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-05-2017
Mad Member

Didn't say it was the same as a more expensive radio did i?

Unfortunately I can't afford £1500 for 3 sanwa zz' s so the lads have the codes and I use my dad's old 40mhz (expensive back in the day)
Old 13-05-2017

I started out with a Code, I then moved to a frSky converted super Sanwa Exzes and noticed quite a difference in response time.

I then upgraded to a 2nd hand Exzes X I picked up for about £130 as I didn't like the frSky receivers. Again noticed a slight improvement in response time but nowhere near as much as when I moved away from the Code.

I would say if you don't mind second hand then the X is superb or if you are worried about the cost of receivers, get a frSky converted hand set as receivers are about £15 new.

Finally if buying new only heard good things about the gemini x although never used one.
Old 13-05-2017

I use the code radio. Its a great bit of kit for the price with lots of settings. The build quality is a bit to be desired but other than that it's a great bit of kit with a 15 model memory to boot! Plus the cheaper hobbyking receivers work with it.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hk-3000-...ansmitter.html
Old 13-05-2017

Sanwa gets my vote. I was told a long time ago when I was flying model aeroplanes that there’s nothing more expensive than a cheap radio
Old 13-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_H View Post

Finally if buying new only heard good things about the gemini x although never used one.
you can't buy it new anymore.

sanwa stick model is now zz or nothing unless going used..

there is a big gap between the lower end core type units all at around sub £200

and then all the way across to £400/500 for the ko espirt @ £400 (but the receivers are 90) or sanwa up at £500 (receivers with cable are about 60?).

with some luck the new m12RS (cheaper version wheel m12s) should be an indication that sanwa will produce something stick in the middle range. but no release date yet so ? on if / when.
Old 15-05-2017

futaba 3VC or 3VCS I have bought 3VC from as little as 40 quid on ebay

FRsky or spectrum conversion, job done the FRsky Rx is about 15 quid?? rework the pins on the end to bend upwards and fit into the 3d printed case the guy on enay sells, you have what is likely the tiniest lightest Rx for silly cheap money

I recently bought a 3VCS in mint condition with futaba 2.4 module and Rx for £80, only because price was right and as a spare/back up, can lend to mates or its there if my old girl ever does breathe her last...

they may not be the latest radio, but they do everything you will ever need and will last forvever or near as damnit

my 3VC looks a right mess LOL, 3600 LRP lipo in the back, silver gaffer tape holding it together, but never missed a beat since 1999/2000ish

despite being dropped from rostrum at Lostallo, by someone I had lent it to, and if you know the track then you know its like a block of flats LOL
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane
Old 15-05-2017

There is a 2.4ghz version of the Futaba Attack now (2HR) for about £45, they only have steering EPA but if that is all you need they are bulletproof and use the full fat Fubata 2.4 system. Great size for kids too.

As someone else has said, avoid the Core/Code stuff. People who say it doesn't have lag have not used Futaba, Sanwa or KO. You cannot take the same line two laps in a row with the lag on them. You're better off with an old 40mhz system.
Old 15-05-2017
Mad Member

I have got a spectrum 2.4ghz module for my futaba bit the range wasn't great so 40mhz made more sense
Old 17-05-2017

Look what's popped up on ebay...

The best of both 2.4ghz and 40mhz.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KO-Propo-E...r/282479460985
Old 17-05-2017

As it is for your son, why not get him to learn wheel. A much larger range and I suspect sticks will continue to get harder to obtain for sensible money. The UK is the only significant country that uses stick for cars.

I know a few who have transferred and it does not take long especially for a kid.

XFactory UK : DMS Model Car Club