Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Closed Thread

Old 24-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by av4625 View Post
Before i start im saying that im not racing in the 10th nationals because of 8th comitments

Im definitly agreeing with mark here, i read through the comments and everyone on here bar one wants to race at naul, it doesnt seem to be the track width thing it just seems they dont want to race there for some reason. it is pretty childish as i was down at the christmas gp and had a good days racing and had no problem with the track, people at national level should be able to pass no?

You have the facility to change/overlook the rule with the 1.14 quote earlier, why not just race were everyone wants too and the only 1/10th track running at the minute,
Fully agree.
On one side we have common sense, majority decision, and what's best for racing.
On the other side we have a technicality that doesn't even effect the track and no one actually seems to have a problem with from a racing point of view
It's not a hard decision!

What happens if we just went ahead and ran the race? I don't think anyone on here is actually against using the track.
Old 24-05-2013
Mad Member

You can't run a national round if its not sanctioned by the RCCAOI. Racing will go ahead at the Naul anyway, forget about it.
Old 26-05-2013

Just back from the nationals and getting the piss taken out of me all weekend about the farce that is the rccaoi.!!!!!
Big thanks to all involed..
Old 27-05-2013

Sorry you had to endure all that when it is no fault of yours

I hope you were able to enjoy your racing anyway
Old 28-05-2013

A newsletter has been sent to all DMCC members re RCCAOI round 1
Old 29-05-2013

Graham sent around a timeline of events. Here's a complaint that was sent to the 1:10th rep. Now, we know the rule is 2.4 and nothing can be done, but really, does anyone that has raced on the track agree with it any of it?

Quote:
I understand that the DMCC intends to hold round 1 of the championship on a track with 2.0 metre wide lanes, even though it was carried by a 2/3rds+ majority at the AGM that the new width would be a minimum of 2.4m.
As you and most quick racers know, 2.0 meters rules out overtaking without taking excessive risks – and when taken, and resulting in contact between cars, could be interpreted to be unsportman-like or bad driving – it’s just not sensible to make such a thin track.

It baffles me as to why the club would construct such a thin track, especially considering not only that it was built several months after the RCCAOI rulebook was updated, but also that it was the DMCC’s committee member charged with coordinating the track design whom made up part of the majority that carried the rule change! Bizarre.

Although I had intended to support all four rounds of the championship, I cannot commit to round 1 knowing that the DMCC has intentionally reneged on their agreement when applying to host the round. (I received one due to my association with RacewayOne). I assume that you received a signed copy by return of the agreement sent out to the DMCC earlier in the year in which the “Minimum Requirements” includes the new track width of 2.4m.
I don’t think it is wise to get the championship off to a compromised start like this – however if the track was to regulation, I’d be happy to participate.

It also isn’t fair to the clubs that considered the application form and decided that they could not make the minimum requirements and didn;t apply. How does it look if the first round doesn’t make these requirements?
In my experience, no 1/10th offroad national meeting has ever fully fulfilled the full scope of the rulebook – sometime no scrutiny, sometimes no results are posted, sometimes there is a marshal missing etc. - and I accept this, but at least these are all things that the race director can deal with on the day due to their unforeseen nature. But knowing that there is a problem a month before the meeting is a very different issue.

Perhaps you’d be good enough to let me know if the situation with the track gets resolved – I don’t intend to participate otherwise.
You are entitled to make a complaint of course, but we are also entitled to debate it if we feel it doesn't make any sense. The rule was brought in for areas of the track that are far from the rosterum. I don't think any of the above applies to the naul other than "rule states 2.4m, naul is 2m". A technicality. Also, the rule that was "voted in" seemed to be misunderstood by the people voting it in. It was a guideline, presumably because some track areas are big with parts of the track hard to see. There is no need to make entire tracks 2.4m.
Do fast drivers need the extra 30cm? I would have thought that the good drivers stick to the racing line, they don't need the track to be wider.
Old 29-05-2013

I've seen 5Th scale touring car cleanly overtake in less space than 2m
Old 29-05-2013

My favourite bit is "It also isn’t fair to the clubs that considered the application form and decided that they could not make the minimum requirements and didn;t apply. How does it look if the first round doesn’t make these requirements?"
LOL, yes, clearly the complaint is just looking out for all those other clubs that were going to apply!

Joke of a complaint imho, and racewayone had a cheek to come on looking for thanks for their facebook page (for the latest story that they cut and paste from somewhere else ) when it's them putting in bullshít complaints. No wonder they refuse to post in this thread. If that website thinks the complaint is somehow helping racing in ireland, they're deluded.
Old 29-05-2013

How can a complaint be accepted by the rccaoi rep if you are not a member of said association???
Old 29-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartstuffer View Post
How can a complaint be accepted by the rccaoi rep if you are not a member of said association???
????
Old 29-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenextreme View Post
????
Simple question
Old 29-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartstuffer View Post
Simple question

???? I question the statement Kartstuffer. If a non-member cannot make a complaint (even though they are a member in this case, check drivers list) does that statement not work both ways. As 99% of the posters to this thread are not-members for 2013 why should anyone have a say at this point.

I think you guys need to leave this to your Club committee to discuss and stop posting stuff up and making comments on Oople.
Old 30-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenextreme View Post
???? I question the statement Kartstuffer. If a non-member cannot make a complaint (even though they are a member in this case, check drivers list) does that statement not work both ways. As 99% of the posters to this thread are not-members for 2013 why should anyone have a say at this point.

I think you guys need to leave this to your Club committee to discuss and stop posting stuff up and making comments on Oople.
Get the facts right first. There are 2 complaints, both by drivers not currently racing 1/10th offroad ,one by a driver who has not raced at the Naul track ,or even been to see it,and the second complaint by a driver who has been there (not in its current configuration ) but not raced at the venue & was not a rccaoi member when the complaint was made.
This pettiness was not started by the DMCC who operate the only 1/10th off road track in Ireland.
As for commenting on Oople why not let the truth come out and see how people feel about the situation instead of trying to hide it all behind closed doors.
Old 30-05-2013

As for not being a member of the rccaoi ,I was last year but have ABSOLUTELY no intention of joining this year along with many others as long as this farcical situation remains.
This has no reflection on the secretary who has done all he could to accommodate the DMCC.
Old 30-05-2013

DMCC would like to remind all drivers that we will be hosting racing as normal on the day that was scheduled for the National Round 1, and anyone who had planned to attend is more than welcome to come and race with us on June 9th, or any other Sunday or Wednesday evening.

Below is our 2M/2.7M track, with a car on it for scale... Im sure most quick drivers can over take on it

www.dublinmodelracing.com
Old 30-05-2013
Mad Member

Closed Thread